Slot Machine: Just rolled 5000 chips

lironBD

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And demand?

at some point people won't need those items and their prices will drop like crap.

see before the new 3-color crystals grade 11 color crystals were 20-60 credits per unit now they are closer to 300 per unit.

when there is no demand there is no worth.

I think this is BW's intent. To increase supply so that it floods the GTN, thereby lowering prices on certain items. New cartel packs will have items that are not attainable through the use of the slot machine.

So to sum up, BW wants old CM items to go down in price to not compete with new CM items on the GTN. And furthermore, they want to lower the price of non-CM items so that more credits will be available to be spent on new CM items. That way, it increases the value of using real currency to purchase CM packs. Real currency purchases of Cartel Coins equals revenue for BW. They are a for-profit business afterall. Employees got to get paid somehow. As much as they may like SWTOR, I don't think working for free will pay the bills. This is why I don't think the slot machine as a huge credit sink is what is important to BW at the moment.

Edited by alex_cpa
clarity

So to sum up, BW wants old CM items to go down in price to not compete with new CM items on the GTN. And furthermore, they want to lower the price of non-CM items so that more credits will be available to be spent on new CM items. That way, it increases the value of using real currency to purchase CM packs. Real currency purchases of Cartel Coins equals revenue for BW. They are a for-profit business afterall. Employees got to get paid somehow. As much as they may like SWTOR, I don't think working for free will pay the bills. This is why I don't think the slot machine as a huge credit sink is what is important to BW at the moment.

nonsense...

The life cycle of cartel market items is:

1. if it's crap it will be crap worth nothing no matter what.

2. if it's decent it will be cheap first until embargoed then price increase due to rarity.

3. If it's good it will be expansive no matter what... see Tulak hord \ revan sets etc... some weapons as well like primordial Assault cannon kept solid price since release....

Slot machine does not affect those in slightest it is only ruining the materials gathering activity in the game and in the process hurting crafting as well. why should I bother craft for sales when I can spend my time doing some other activity which is 10 time more profitable?

if I need something I'll craft for myself.

nonsense...

2. if it's decent it will be cheap first until embargoed then price increase due to rarity.

3. If it's good it will be expansive no matter what... see Tulak hord \ revan sets etc... some weapons as well like primordial Assault cannon kept solid price since release....

Slot machine does not affect those in slightest it is only ruining the materials gathering activity in the game and in the process hurting crafting as well. why should I bother craft for sales when I can spend my time doing some other activity which is 10 time more profitable?

Slot machines also affected the way how to get the REP & Certs from only Cartel Packs ever since it came out 2 years ago, they just killed that ideal so just losing customers of Packs every day cause of it.

Slot machines also affected the way how to get the REP & Certs from only Cartel Packs ever since it came out 2 years ago, they just killed that ideal so just losing customers of Packs every day cause of it.

tell you the truth only reason for me to open packs instead of purchasing the items directly was for certs and rep items.

now that this two drops in stacks like nothing no reason to open packs just wait for your vendor version of slot machine yay.

Have you ever even considered that this will most likely ruin the gold farmers.... The dancers will be basically much lower cost they should have been around 5-10 k tops as for crafting this lets everyone craft... and btw even you admit you lost money on the rep items.... so ounce the prices of all the crafting materials normalize and the rep items you can sell hit there bottom what effect will it have. It will allow everyone to craft items GREAT !!! It will lower prices and let more people have access to cartel rep items ... BTW Revans mask is now also worthless why not QQ about that too. ALSO GREAT !!!!! And the last effect it will make it impossible to Screw others by farming mats non stop with bots.. think about this one it will most likely strip the Gold farmer of one of his greatest tools

I honestly think they need to just make the mission free to even further free up resources to the player base.

The impact it will have on credit sellers?

Yes. They will macro the heck out of these machines and we'll have CM Certificate items and Jawa Junk items listed all over our GTN's for about 10% higher than cost of acquisition via the machines. They'll have all the credits they could ever sell and their prices will fall.

People will still buy from them because the same people who don't want to run dailies or craft now also don't want to stand there clicking the slots for hours on end, nor do they want to figure out how to turn what the slots give them into credits.

Is that glorious or what? :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

I'll give you points for watching the pictures before posting it's more then other people here did

I'll give you credit for doing 5000 chips Oracans, what was it you wee selling at such a high margin on TRE? Enhancements before this came along iirc.

At how much? 140k+? What are they now, 60-70k? :rolleyes:

nonsense...

I understand that you don't like what BW has done with this since you craft for sales. Please don't take my statements for being for or against your ability to make money as a crafter. I am just trying to point out what I believe is BW's intent by doing this.

Also, I think you just agreed with me.

why should I bother craft for sales when I can spend my time doing some other activity which is 10 time more profitable?

If the crafted items on GTN are cheaper (or not there at all) then more credits will be available to be spent on CM items on the GTN. Greater amount of CM items purchased directly contribute to BW's revenues. I think BW's attempt is to nudge the credit value of CM packs upward, while not completely upsetting the entire GTN. This is why Eric said what he did about monitoring Jawa Junk and adjusting accordingly.

In otherwords, they want to make your crafting profession a little less profitable to make room for a little more CM pack purchases. BW doesn't want to lose you as a player/subscriber, hence Eric's post about making a future adjustment if needed. But at the same time, they do want to increase revenues.

Your options:

1. If you believe BW will make slots less profitable in the near term, play slots as much as possible now, keep the mats that will be more valuable at a later date.

2. If you believe BW will keep things as is, stop running crafting missions now as it may be a net loss for you. Stop crafting for sales to see where the GTN equilizes out.

3. If you believe BW will double down and improve the slots rewards further, wait until a future date to see if playing the slots for GTN sales is worth it.

I'll give you credit for doing 5000 chips Oracans, what was it you wee selling at such a high margin on TRE? Enhancements before this came along iirc.

At how much? 140k+? What are they now, 60-70k? :rolleyes:

never crafted those for sale only for myself to fix the bad stats on com's gear.

What I used to do instead of dailies for money which is boring as hell I just played the game had fun with my guildies while my:

5 slicer ran the 4 grade 11 lockbox missions.

each time on of those got "mission discovery: X" the right alt which had the crew skill for that mission discovery ran it.

then the mats I got I sold on GTN for decent profit.. I was no "WHALE" as people loved to call them but the amount I got rid me from the need to run dailies in order to fund stuff and in the process I ... oh boy.. played the M in the MMO where I created mats for crafters to craft with! amazing.. multiplayer in all that.

Actually I never sold for huge profit always sold cheapest on gtn in 0.1 and in stacks of 1 unit so everyone could get the exact amount they need.

I just practiced that to rid me of running dailies, now who need to do that? get 2-3 stacks of chips.. run the slot machine and get loads of mats to sell on gtn.

oh really, here is the exact quote:

"With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun!"

He doesn't mention ANYTHING about rep items or certificates. The Jawa Junk's drop rate to the economy is the only thing he says they will take a look at and make changes based on their findings.

The results by people that want to keep making money off others are being Falsified end of story I just did 9,900,000

test on the machine using 2 machines results got back 6,100,000 creds from the Rep items a loss of 3,800,000 credits Like I have said in previous posts and other have stated this is a way to get everyone able to craft and get rid of the major gold farming "in's " lower the cost on matts and the people botting to make money are gone pretty fast even if they sit and click the machine all day the prices on resources are gonna drop rapidly... SO everyone can craft. Gold farmers in a panic .... this sound like the best move I have seen and yes I got a lot of matts 2600 green 3100 blue 2100 purple 200 certs but I know that the items I get will not be worth tons anymore. This Machine is awesome and fun to play. I only see the screams and anguish of those making Phat loots off the Crafting schemes in the game so tighten you belts Crafting Kings cause everyone will get to make stuff now too.... oh btw some people will still be lazy and buy your over priced crap.

The results by people that want to keep making money off others are being Falsified end of story I just did 9,900,000

test on the machine using 2 machines results got back 6,100,000 creds from the Rep items a loss of 3,800,000 credits Like I have said in previous posts and other have stated this is a way to get everyone able to craft and get rid of the major gold farming "in's " lower the cost on matts and the people botting to make money are gone pretty fast even if they sit and click the machine all day the prices on resources are gonna drop rapidly... SO everyone can craft. Gold farmers in a panic .... this sound like the best move I have seen and yes I got a lot of matts 2600 green 3100 blue 2100 purple 200 certs but I know that the items I get will not be worth tons anymore. This Machine is awesome and fun to play. I only see the screams and anguish of those making Phat loots off the Crafting schemes in the game so tighten you belts Crafting Kings cause everyone will get to make stuff now too.... oh btw some people will still be lazy and buy your over priced crap.

Scanning through this mostly inarticulate block of text, I noticed that you say you spent almost 10mil on coins, at a cost of 500 credits each.

You later say the slot machines are fun.

Realistically, the chance you sat and clicked two machines a total of 19,800 times without botting are so incredibly slim. This is the future of the game and the economy if this doesn't change.

Assuming you did bott (which I do), how exactly are these machines fun?

this sound like the best move I have seen and yes I got a lot of matts 2600 green 3100 blue 2100 purple 200 certs but I know that the items I get will not be worth tons anymore. This Machine is awesome and fun to play. I only see the screams and anguish of those making Phat loots off the Crafting schemes in the game so tighten you belts Crafting Kings cause everyone will get to make stuff now too.... oh btw some people will still be lazy and buy your over priced crap.

oh you got over 2000 purple mats of your choice! mr "I want everything free cause I'm entitled"!

seeing your posts is just proof some people are beyond salvation.

1. it's not fun to play, I rolled 5000 chips and I avoid even getting to the same room as this diabolical instrument.

2. Gold farmers aren't in panic they just going to farm this machines and sell mats\decos like hell for 1 credit profit as they are farmers with the concern in the end of the day they'll have more credit then they had in the start.

3. crafting kings? phat loot? have you bothered trying to do crafting.. read guides to pve in order to run ops or try to learn your class for pvp matches or you are one of those fellows in level 60 with green item drops he got on tatooine getting wiped hard on every FP he gets into?

The OP of this thread is a genuine example of a holier than thou "only my way is right and everyone should do as I do" gamer. The self centered tantrum centric gamers we are RUINING gaming now days with your holier than thou self centered attitudes. The ones setting their telling everyone they have to "work hard" for everything (because that's how THEY did it) IN A BLOODY VIDEO GAME.

You are one of a FEW, you are just being loud is all. Most the general population of the game read's posts like this and laughs at the childishness of it. In fact, I think it is time Bioware deleted anymore posts on this subject, because it is beyond ridiculous. You've all had your say, move on. We get it, you don't like the slot machine So don't use it and find something constructive to do.

Not only did you set clicking for for god knows how long to consume 5000 coins, you spent 2+ mill credits on the slot machine. Way to go. Are you proud looking in the mirror everyday about that? :eek: Because news flash, no one cares buddy.

Get on with your life and worry about things that actually matter, not a slot machine inside a video game you don't have to use or frankly care about.

Edited by DarthVengeant

You know lying is bad ok?

Easy to tell you're just another butthurt augment gouger, having a cry on the forums.

Yep :rolleyes: They are everywhere try to load the forum up with as many threads as they can start, It is getting pretty stupid now with all the crying...:rolleyes:

I can respect different opinions but at least add some explanation to why you think X.

I had a line of thought I made an experiment and posted the results with pictures.

many people here just post stuff like "Bo-Hoo! they cry1!!!" add some serious opinion or that's just going to end in spam...

I can respect different opinions but at least add some explanation to why you think X.

I had a line of thought I made an experiment and posted the results with pictures.

many people here just post stuff like "Bo-Hoo! they cry1!!!" add some serious opinion or that's just going to end in spam...

They're grown embittered by their inability to afford things without doing anything to change that.

Now they can afford it, due to Bioware's oversight, they feel self-righteous and empowered, and are eager to make out that the change is simply a natural change of playstyle, rather than an overwhelming simplification of the crafting system.

We'll see how much of this is reversed come Tuesday, when they make the change to the jawa loot.

One thing you can guarantee in all walks of life, lazy people will always blame some power hidden from their eyes for making their lives worse, rather than simply doing something to change their fortunes. Why haven't they been able to afford purple augments before? Because crafters are greedy. Of course.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Ok......what does that have to with my comment? I was correcting someone whe. They said everything was being looked at.

How guy funny, you are the poster child of what's wrong with this machine. 2k mats in a couple days.....you realize how long it would have taken me to get that amount before the slot machine? Months....no wonder you guys are tryin to defend these drops. By the time they nerf it you'll have 10k in mats lol.

Ok......what does that have to with my comment? I was correcting someone whe. They said everything was being looked at.

How guy funny, you are the poster child of what's wrong with this machine. 2k mats in a couple days.....you realize how long it would have taken me to get that amount before the slot machine? Months....no wonder you guys are tryin to defend these drops. By the time they nerf it you'll have 10k in mats lol.

Precisely. It's motivated by the same self-preservation that, ironically, they accuse crafters of, who have taken months to accumulate materials that others have now obtained within an hour of botting.

Let's be blunt here, advocates for the machine - players too lazy to get mats the "hard way" (telling a companion to fetch it). Players against - people who have fun playing games that require more than just pressing an "I win" button. That in a nutshell is what these threads are all about, players desperate to cling onto their revenue stream.

FTFY /10char

Edited by eartharioch

FTFY /10char

Let's be blunt here, advocates for the machine - players who want a more accessible route to crafting / gear. Players against - "GTN whales" who don't want their market damaged and are too lazy to adapt. That in a nutshell is what these threads are all about, players desperate to cling onto their revenue stream.

FTFY.

Don't try to put words in my proverbial mouth. I meant what I said and I stand by it 100%. ;)

tell you the truth only reason for me to open packs instead of purchasing the items directly was for certs and rep items.

now that this two drops in stacks like nothing no reason to open packs just wait for your vendor version of slot machine yay.

Except.. the only rep items you can get are for the very first series of pack rep. All the later ones... still only available from packs.

Gee... they make it easy for a player to get rep that they most likely already have maxed out... more then a year ago. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

So you ran a 5000 coin experiment (allegedly). Yeah, you got screen shots.. and we know those cannot be faked, right? :rolleyes: Not saying you did, just that none of us can prove your screenshots are real.. that is all.

THEN... you published an editorial in the forum, using deliberate confirmation bias, to demonstrate the evil of your dropping 5000 coins into a slot. Your data does not match previous data from a good number of players posting in the forum this week, but we are supposed to ignore them and believe you?

Feel better now?

Guess what.... nothing you say, or no matter how mad you get, Bioware will not adjust drop rates based on your input. If you have a genuine concern.. then file a bug report and maybe.. maybe.. they will agree with you and make adjustments to the drop rates. Or, maybe not. See.. Bioware has all the analytics on the economy, not us. It's up to them to review that data, compare it to their planned intention, and then make adjustments over time, if needed.

Edited by Andryah