Can we please have a dev say if the purchase:prizes for slot machine is intended?

theskullwalker

As the title says, me, my guild and likely the community is wondering if this was 100% intended regarding to what you put in and receive from the Contraband Cartel Slot Machine. Would be nice if we could get an answer. :jawa_smile:

Edit: I would be really pleased if bioware truly gave us free cookies this time :)

Edited by theskullwalker

The same question was asked yesterday and we didn't receive an answer then. At the same time, no threads were deleted, which means they don't consider it an exploit.

Yes, the ROI is a little high on the slot machines, but they don't need to put in an emergency maintenance to fix it since the slot machine itself is working as intended, only the chip prices are a little too low.

Edited by Jerba

They are never going to say that it's not working as intended because then people will go nuts trying to get as much as they can as fast as they can.

Here's how you'll know:

If the drop rates are the same after the next patch as they are now, it's working as intended.

If they aren't, they stealth nerfed it to bring them in line with what their live data was showing them vs what they were hoping to accomplish.

I suspect, however, that the drop rates as they are right now are exactly what they intended them to be.

I am wondering this also, i bought one off the gtn earlier used a couple of stacks of tokens in it. Then i came to the forums and saw all the threads about it being an exploit.

I put a ticket in stating that i was concerned that i had accidentally exploited, told them how many stacks of tokens i had used and that the mats were in my chars inventory unused, and if it was an exploit to feel free to remove them. Then went on to say if it was working as intended to let me know.

I wish they would give an official response on this. After the ravagers issue and the fact they said they were going to handout punishment it has made the community twitchy about if things are exploits. Given what this has done to the community they need to be a bit more prompt answering questions like this.

Well, the difference with most exploits going on... It is true that you are using the machine as intended. You're not going around anything, you're using it as it was designed to be used. Everyone can do it now, I am in the public stronghold with it and people give away their keys for free, too. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am wondering this also, i bought one off the gtn earlier used a couple of stacks of tokens in it. Then i came to the forums and saw all the threads about it being an exploit.

I put a ticket in stating that i was concerned that i had accidentally exploited, told them how many stacks of tokens i had used and that the mats were in my chars inventory unused, and if it was an exploit to feel free to remove them. Then went on to say if it was working as intended to let me know.

I wish they would give an official response on this. After the ravagers issue and the fact they said they were going to handout punishment it has made the community twitchy about if things are exploits. Given what this has done to the community they need to be a bit more prompt answering questions like this.

most the complaints about "exploit" are have no basis in reality. The huge difference being that a bug is a bug is a bug and can get fixed. Using a bug to bypass intended mechanics is an exploit.

using the slot as is is not an exploit. you are not doing anything beyond the intended use.

Getting gear from a boss you didn't kill IS, as the normal mechanics for that have been bypassed.

Standing in a spot where a mob can't kill you and you gain an advantage is, you are using the terrain in an unintended way and gaining an advantage that was not intended.

Using an item while resting that does not consume that item, is. You are bypassing the consumption of the item yet still having the benefits.

They are never going to say that it's not working as intended because then people will go nuts trying to get as much as they can as fast as they can.

Here's how you'll know:

If the drop rates are the same after the next patch as they are now, it's working as intended.

If they aren't, they stealth nerfed it to bring them in line with what their live data was showing them vs what they were hoping to accomplish.

I suspect, however, that the drop rates as they are right now are exactly what they intended them to be.

Agreed. The only people bent about it are those that were vertically focused on premium pricing in a narrow part of the mats market. Diversify. Adapt or fail... simple as that.

The only minor issue I see with the loot table is it appears to be a bit stingy on green junk and generous on purple junk. Nothing huge... since different crafters want/need different junk/mats. I'm sure they will look at it and adjust it if they feel it is needed.

Fun to watch the RNG in action playing the slots. Hot spells, dry spells, and everything in between.

Edited by Andryah

Then i came to the forums and saw all the threads about it being an exploit.
You are not exploiting by using the slot machine in the way it was intended to be used.

What you're seeing on the forums are people tossing around the "exploit" word because they're bitter that they're about to be banned for doing an *actual* exploit on something that got fixed with this week's patch and they're trying to justify their actions.

The only semi-legitimate argument being made about the slot machine is that some people are concerned that it may be providing rewards too freely but that is not something that is within player control and, as far as we know, is working exactly as the devs intended.

If the devs look at the live data from it and decide that it is, in fact, dropping more things than they would like it to, they'll nerf it.

How to tell if you're exploiting the slot machine:

NOT an exploit:

- Buy Token

- Use Token on slot machine

- Receive Reward as determined by the RNG

OBVIOUS exploit:

- Buy Token

- Sacrifice a monkey-lizard to the great god Ptach by the light of the moon.

- Use token on slot machine

- Receive a particular reward ~100% of the time

Why wouldn't it be?! Do you think they accidentally made a CM item appealing?! Don't be so naive...they want you to want one.

to me this seems less about the CM and more to the "we want other ways of collecting reputation certificates" its a free way of getting everything that drops in CM packs without buying CM packs (mainly the reputation and jawa junk).

You are free to speak for yourself, and your guild if you are cleared hot to do that. But, you do not speak for me.

Please speak for yourself. The amount of people wondering about it is definitely the majority. Did I point you in particular? No, and therefore this response was unnecessary. As I said, by saying 'community,' I do not say person X and group Y.

Edited by theskullwalker

Wasn't the machine supposed to be in the first Shadow pack that released simultaneously with the expansion but just didn't make it? The tokens appearing on the vendor at SoR launch seem to confirm that.

If that was supposed to be the case, combined with the very low return rate for grade 11 purple mats from mission skills, makes me think this is pretty much how they planned it, and is working as intended.

I'm a crafter, and make a good chunk of my in-game income from it (emphasize IN-GAME, the way a lot of drama queens are reacting on these boards is as if they've been hurt in their actual livelihood and their children are starving, sheesh).

And I, for one, see absolutely no problem with this, nor the mats being on the jawa vendors. In fact I think it's a good thing, prices were way too high.

If prices on CM items stay the same, and lower incomes will make it less likely for them to sell at said prices, then they too will drop, eventually. The market will adjust itself to the new reality.

I will continue crafting for the market, and I'm sure so will many others, and if I have to craft more to make less, then so be it.

The hyperbole reactions popping up all over at the moment will die out , nothing is 'dead' or 'dying' or 'killing the market'. :)

Edited by wolfyde

Please speak for yourself. The amount of people wondering about it is definitely the majority. Did I point you in particular? No, and therefore this responce was unnecessary. As I said, by saying 'community,' I do not say person X and group Y.

but by saying "community" you mean everyone in general (aka group y).

in fact I would gather that its probably pretty close to a 50/50 or even skewed to "working as intended" but to say "community" is to imply a general consensus. which I don't think there is.

You are not exploiting by using the slot machine in the way it was intended to be used.

What you're seeing on the forums are people tossing around the "exploit" word because they're bitter that they're about to be banned for doing an *actual* exploit on something that got fixed with this week's patch and they're trying to justify their actions.

The only semi-legitimate argument being made about the slot machine is that some people are concerned that it may be providing rewards too freely but that is not something that is within player control and, as far as we know, is working exactly as the devs intended.

If the devs look at the live data from it and decide that it is, in fact, dropping more things than they would like it to, they'll nerf it.

NOT an exploit:

- Buy Token

- Use Token on slot machine

- Receive Reward as determined by the RNG

OBVIOUS exploit:

- Buy Token

- Sacrifice a monkey-lizard to the great god Ptach by the light of the moon.

- Use token on slot machine

- Receive a particular reward ~100% of the time

You, sir, win one internet.

you are not exploiting by using the slot machine in the way it was intended to be used.

Not an exploit:

- buy token

- use token on slot machine

- receive reward as determined by the rng

obvious exploit:

- buy token

- sacrifice a monkey-lizard to the great god ptach by the light of the moon.

- use token on slot machine

- receive a particular reward ~100% of the time

damn monkey lizards!