Guide on Ancient Threat, the new Yavin 4 world boss

Have a friend on a merc or PT get the buff from the ancient tome on Tatooine, pull the boss with hydraulics on and kite it for a few seconds, while you click what you need to click. Or simply wait for the fix. Which may, or may not work :D

No need to get a friend, unless ur lazy and u don't want to get the tome urself :p

How to get the Tome

If ur not lazy, get the tome and u won't be attacked unless u get too close which will not be the case for the Talos Drellik companion alert.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done this since 4.0? Any new thoughts? I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if level sync makes this any different.

we killed it friday, 3 days ago. last week we pulled on it with 12 guys and tried to do mechanics and such, but had too many problems and no luck there. this week we got a group of 24 (mostly pugs) and just respawned and ran back whenever we died. only took 3 pulls this way.

Killled it 2 weeks ago with 2 tanks, 4 or 5 heals, 6 dps. I tanked it myself with a guildie and we kited the boss around the camp. When we got 6 stacks we tank swapped and the tank with the stacks ran towards the entrance (not to far tho) untill the stacks wear off and ran back again.

Boss died after 3 attempts. Just beware of the lag, its horrible with all the circles.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone tried this since 5.0?

As I know of no but there probable are people who have. Since it's been level synced it should be the same hp and damage wise. I can add the new graphics update making it better or worse.

Also this thread takes me down memory lane :^

Has anyone tried this since 5.0?

No, but we killed it just the week before 5.0 and it was just as I remembered. I don't think it changed much with 5.0 since it's level-synced but now that everyone in the guild has the decoration, we probably won't do it ever again.