Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Bioware has about 142 pages of pressure and allowed a week for people to muster around and talk on the decision of what they're going to do, and no matter what they do there will be a huge backlash from one of the sides. I don't take either side, but I won't be surprised if nothing happens at all, or just mere slaps on the wrists.

Bioware put themselves in a really bad position.

I can not help but agree with this.

Well now there a hole lot od people pissed on both side of the fence thanks to BW and Eric They seem to never learn from there mistakes why do other mmo never say a word on issue like this because it inflames the community. They been in MMO's a hole lot longer you think Blizzard would every post some thing like Eric did no because is pisses people off.

Well Bioware has about 142 pages of pressure and allowed a week for people to muster around and talk on the decision of what they're going to do, and no matter what they do there will be a huge backlash from one of the sides. I don't take either side, but I won't be surprised if nothing happens at all, or just mere slaps on the wrists.

Bioware put themselves in a really bad position.

They been there for a while because of letting other exploit the game else were and letting them get away with it

There better off giving some thing to the people that did not do the exploit like a mount of something and leave the one that did it alone and be done with it

Edited by Neoforcer

I bet that those threatening to unsub will be resubbed again in a months time. It always happens. Go ahead.

Swtor been bleeding subs for a while it is why there thinking of more server mergers. I don't think bw need to promote more unsubbing they do a great job already

Oh and with galaxies emu getting close to 1.0 i would think they would be concerned

Edited by Neoforcer

Congratulations to all who participated in this thread and took pleasure in attacking LadyVix. After her last post, she suffered a heart attack and may or may not return to us. I cannot believe that you people call yourself a community, then mercilessly attack people who work hard to make games like SWTOR fun for all. You should all be ashamed of your actions.

THIS IS NOT A TROLL POST.

I'm 100% willing to bet it is.

Interesting how some people here don't see any issue with looting a boss chest whilst not actually being in the raid that killed said boss. For me that's a fundamental principle of raiding.

Outside of raids, lots of people do not see any issue with rushing in and looting a chest or clicking a quest objective while another player is fighting the mobs that were defending the chest/objective.* It's the same attitude -- "I want the reward even if I did not earn it" -- and it is common; you see it in RL in slackers who goof of at work but still expect a full paycheck, which is probably more common and more "wrong" than loot ninjas and game bug exploiters. Anyone here racking up salary as they read the forums ? (I'm not, BTW, I only get credit for hours I actually do some work.)

*This is why I usually click first and fight the mobs second. You get trashed a bit while you are clicking, but it is generally survivable if you know what you are doing.

Swtor been bleeding subs for a while it is why there thinking of more server mergers. I don't think bw need to promote more unsubbing they do a great job already

Oh and with galaxies emu getting close to 1.0 i would think they would be concerned

Idk where you get this notion swtor is bleeding Subs when recent facts show otherwise

Idk where you get this notion swtor is bleeding Subs when recent facts show otherwise
recent facts like their last quarterly report? oops

no doubt the next quarter will be better...the one after that? be afraid!

look at http://www.torstatus.net you can watch as server went from heavy to standard to light what do you think that means. My server alone went from a heavy server to standard in the last 3 month that means what a lot more people playing right. That site ties into swtor server webpage and tracks the server load.

Not saying that all the loss was sub but there bleeding player weather its sub free to play or preferred

Edited by Neoforcer

I don't think SWTOR is bleeding subs, though I don't think it is likely it is drawing in a huge mass of players that are sticking around either....I think the unfortunate timing of the lag incident after the expansion probably diminished that a bit.

Right now I think subs are likely stable...ish. I do think more needs to be done, in specific areas, but overall the game is in a good state at the moment, aside from certain bugs and performance issues of course.

I also do not think that ANY decision they make with respect to this "exploit" is going to have any lasting impact on game revenue or the game economy. It MIGHT effect a drop in the total amount of folks available for raiding, but I see that as temporary.

Obviously any decision they come to is going to be received with malice from some portion of the community. That much is likely unavoidable.

However, I am looking forward to the SWGEmu as well :)

Edited by LordArtemis

and unfortunately BioWare's Containment of this [controvery] we call RaiderGate ...

To paraphrase Guardians of the Galaxy:

Guard 1: He says it's called "RaiderGate."

Guard 2: Who calls it that?

Guard 1: Mainly himself.

You didn't need to be a raider or even know a raider to do the exploit, you only needed to have the SoR expansion, have a subscription or ops pass, and know someone with the lockout.

To paraphrase Guardians of the Galaxy:

Guard 1: He says it's called "RaiderGate."

Guard 2: Who calls it that?

Guard 1: Mainly himself.

You didn't need to be a raider or even know a raider to do the exploit, you only needed to have the SoR expansion, have a subscription or ops pass, and know someone with the lockout.

Yeah, I thought this was called Exploitgate :rolleyes:

Edited by Frybert

However, I am looking forward to the SWGEmu as well :)

SWGEmu will kill this game since there adding jump to light speed and removed perma death for Jedi from the game after community feed back.

The only reason people that love star wars are not playing it fully yet is they may do a character wipe before 1.0 hits

Edited by Neoforcer

I play the game the way I choose to play the game. If BW releases a bugged instance, I will take advantage of that if I so choose. I do not demand that others exploit (and I did not encourage anyone outside my guild to exploit); I do not expect to be told by Bioware how to play the game so long as my play does not .

Fine but that isn't what you agreed to about 2.5 years ago. You agreed to play by bioware's rules not your.

SWGEmu will kill this game since there adding jump to light speed and removed perma death for Jedi from the game after community feed back.

The only reason people that love star wars are not playing it fully yet is they may do a character wipe before 1.0 hits

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, you were trying to be serious.

I disagree. I love SWG pre CU/NGE, which the SWGEmu represents of course, but I enjoy this game as well. I wouldn't say I love it...yet. But it's getting there.

I think there is plenty of room for both.

I disagree. I love SWG pre CU/NGE, which the SWGEmu represents of course, but I enjoy this game as well. I wouldn't say I love it...yet. But it's getting there.

Have to agree with you as well it worth watching

Outside of raids, lots of people do not see any issue with rushing in and looting a chest or clicking a quest objective while another player is fighting the mobs that were defending the chest/objective.* It's the same attitude -- "I want the reward even if I did not earn it" -- and it is common; you see it in RL in slackers who goof of at work but still expect a full paycheck, which is probably more common and more "wrong" than loot ninjas and game bug exploiters. Anyone here racking up salary as they read the forums ? (I'm not, BTW, I only get credit for hours I actually do some work.)

*This is why I usually click first and fight the mobs second. You get trashed a bit while you are clicking, but it is generally survivable if you know what you are doing.

what do you do about the glowie that wont allow you to click while in combat? you cant get around it that way?

I never got the chance to play SWG, but I liked a lot of the stuff I've seen and heard about it. I think it does a much better job at making you feel that you're really living in the SW galaxy.

If I understand correctly, you need a CD-Key to play the EMU? Any idea how I could obtain one for a reasonable price?