Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Now you're really grasping at straws. Nothing like criminals trying to falsely implicate those of us who still have integrity. Your BS forum games may amuse your fellow exploiting friends, but the rest of us can see right through your veil of deceit.

you are the exploiter..you are using your inquisition style to cover it up. we are on to you!!

Guys, guys!

Let's examine closely the thread.

- Nobody apparently has exploited the bug.

- It's all the devs' fault.

This is an inside job. BioWare in this expansion has made the worst screw up ever in videogames history since Pong, like, no other online game had so many bugs at once. Evah! They're making up a fake witch-hunt to derail attention, because OF COURSE BioWare is terribly scared for all the threats of unsubbing because of bugs, hey, it never happened before!

:eek:Illuminati (shhhhh)

LOL

Now you're really grasping at straws. Nothing like criminals trying to falsely implicate those of us who still have integrity. Your BS forum games may amuse your fellow exploiting friends, but the rest of us can see right through your veil of deceit.

Look for 100's of pages you've been posting your drivel. We know your the last paragon of truth, justice and integrity. You've said it and taken this position ad nauseum for post after post. We got it. OK? WE GOT IT! Stop posting.

P.S. Mrs. Jesus would you sign my Bible before you go? Thanks.

A great German comedian once said: "everything has been said, but not by everyone", so here goes. :D

I can't really judge the exploit as it is forbidden to even discuss details after it was fixed - which is kind of silly as I see it but... well. So everything following now is based on an assumption what the exploit is, if I am wrong, well, then I am wrong and will not be making much sense. ;)

Now based on the few things I learned you merely needed to zone in after being invited to an ops group and loot. So if that is correct: then using it does not constitute any violation as I see it, because nothing was done differently to what you usually do. Of course it might be (or maybe should be) considered bad style, but that's about it.

Same goes for the Nefra-Bug, btw., or the TC-Glitch with hiding healers or... you name it.

Did I do it? No. You can check my chars and will not find any Ravagers achievements or 192 gear (well, just a few items, and no chests).

Would I have done it? Maybe. As I don't see it as cheating or even exploiting, but merely a shortcut.

If you start going down that path you might as well start thinking about forbidding datacron-hunts (Rishi, Balmorra, Tatooine pulls...), even HK-part calls (calling out in public when you are close...), replacement in ops for last boss, or whatever there is. Of course the degrees vary, but if "interpretation" or "degree" matters, than you open a can of worms.

You want to hunt witches? Then better hunt PVP-exploiters (that really hurts others, namely the competition), or those GTN-heros messing with numbers to rip off buyers who fail to see and fall victim to sorting issues with GTN. Those guys really affect other player's experience directly.

Interesting how some people here don't see any issue with looting a boss chest whilst not actually being in the raid that killed said boss. For me that's a fundamental principle of raiding - that you get a reward for contributing to the kill. Perhaps times have changed and it's now all about getting as much "phat lewtz" rather than enjoying the shared experience and to hell with the wider consequences. What's certain is that the game will be the poorer for it if this sort of behaviour is seen to be tolerated.

Interesting how some people here don't see any issue with looting a boss chest whilst not actually being in the raid that killed said boss. For me that's a fundamental principle of raiding - that you get a reward for contributing to the kill. Perhaps times have changed and it's now all about getting as much "phat lewtz" rather than enjoying the shared experience and to hell with the wider consequences. What's certain is that the game will be the poorer for it if this sort of behaviour is seen to be tolerated.

Best name ever.

Interesting how some people here don't see any issue with looting a boss chest whilst not actually being in the raid that killed said boss. For me that's a fundamental principle of raiding - that you get a reward for contributing to the kill.

If that is addressed at me then you got me wrong. Looting without contributing may be considered "bad style" or even "unethical", but we are discussing whether it constitutes a violation of ToS worth being punished for, even going as far as banning accounts. And I don't see that.

If that is addressed at me then you got me wrong. Looting without contributing may be considered "bad style" or even "unethical", but we are discussing whether it constitutes a violation of ToS worth being punished for, even going as far as banning accounts. And I don't see that.

Fair enough.

It seems quite a few people would tend to agree, and quite a few would not.

I would ask though....who defines the criteria for an action that is considered "cheating" or "against the rules"? I think it is important to make the proper distinction on that point...

I would ask though....who defines the criteria for an action that is considered "cheating" or "against the rules"? I think it is important to make the proper distinction on that point...

I guess that is either Bioware as host, or the community of players. Which is why I consider it very important that a "creed" or "codex" is published and kept up to date as to what kind of behaviour is considered an "exploit" - at least if soft criteria like "taste" or such is used. If it is just hard facts like "no use of external software" or similar then we are clear already, but in that case the current discussion was void, because it were no exploit according to that definition.

Which is why the policy of "don't talk about it" sucks.

Edited by Sundown

I guess that is either Bioware as host, or the community of players. Which is why I consider it very important that a "creed" or "codex" is published and kept up to date as to what kind of behaviour is considered an "exploit" - at least if soft criteria like "taste" or such is used. If it is just hard facts like "no use of external software" or similar then we are clear already, but in that case the current discussion was void, because it were no exploit according to that definition.

Which is why the policy of "don't talk about it" sucks.

I would agree that at times the rules are confusing....what constitutes an exploit. It is determined on a case by case basis it seems, and even then the action taken is not consistent. Which is fine IMO, but probably not the wisest course of action.

Uncertainty can make players very wary about participating in certain parts of the game, for fears they may be judged as an exploiter.

I was just referring to in general to those on this thread who don't see an issue with what's happened. However I would have thought that violation of a TOS would have resulted in some form of sanction by default, as otherwise, why have a TOS?

I have no sympathy for those who get their account banned on a permanent as a result of engaging in an exploit on multiple occasions and encouraging others to do so - don't want the punishment then don't abuse the exploit over and over. If this game's finances are so precarious that Bioware should avoid permanent sanctions as it would "loose customers" then so be it though by avoiding their obligations to the rest of their customers it will lose a lot more if it doesn't as it's reputation would be laughable.

Edited by Puppypickles

A great German comedian once said: "everything has been said, but not by everyone", so here goes. :D

I can't really judge the exploit as it is forbidden to even discuss details after it was fixed - which is kind of silly as I see it but... well. So everything following now is based on an assumption what the exploit is, if I am wrong, well, then I am wrong and will not be making much sense. ;)

Now based on the few things I learned you merely needed to zone in after being invited to an ops group and loot. So if that is correct: then using it does not constitute any violation as I see it, because nothing was done differently to what you usually do. Of course it might be (or maybe should be) considered bad style, but that's about it.

Same goes for the Nefra-Bug, btw., or the TC-Glitch with hiding healers or... you name it.

Did I do it? No. You can check my chars and will not find any Ravagers achievements or 192 gear (well, just a few items, and no chests).

Would I have done it? Maybe. As I don't see it as cheating or even exploiting, but merely a shortcut.

If you start going down that path you might as well start thinking about forbidding datacron-hunts (Rishi, Balmorra, Tatooine pulls...), even HK-part calls (calling out in public when you are close...), replacement in ops for last boss, or whatever there is. Of course the degrees vary, but if "interpretation" or "degree" matters, than you open a can of worms.

You want to hunt witches? Then better hunt PVP-exploiters (that really hurts others, namely the competition), or those GTN-heros messing with numbers to rip off buyers who fail to see and fall victim to sorting issues with GTN. Those guys really affect other player's experience directly.

and unfortunately BioWare's Containment of this **** storm we call RaiderGate is failing at epic proportions. Arguments in Gen Chat on planets that have strongholds, on the fleet. This inaction continues to polarize the community, and will continue to do so long after punishments are doled out.

Screw you and your hedgehog boyfriend. I'm tired of you trolls cheating, whining, blaming others, then attacking the people that do things with integrity.

Take some responsibility for your own actions, learn that people with opinions different from your own are still allowed to voice their own opinion, and then get the hell out of my game.

I must agree with this last paragraph. It is because of this that I don't really attack anyone from either side of the fence. But I would encourage owning your actions. I owned my actions, and have no regrets in doing so.

I must agree with this last paragraph. It is because of this that I don't really attack anyone from either side of the fence. But I would encourage owning your actions. I owned my actions, and have no regrets in doing so.

I cleared the raid. Come at me Broette.

Just because someone is in 192's doesnt make them a cheater. I won me the **** out of some loot rolls boiiii 2 92 rolls and an 86.

Screw you and your hedgehog boyfriend. I'm tired of you trolls cheating, whining, blaming others, then attacking the people that do things with integrity.

Take some responsibility for your own actions, learn that people with opinions different from your own are still allowed to voice their own opinion, and then get the hell out of my game.

I knew you'd break eventually :)

The forum wars are strong with this one...

Perhaps take your own advice.

Though if you continue your vitriol, my entertainment from this particular thread will certainly continue.

As a player who only PVPs, this exploit, did not and does not interest me in the slightest.

However, having read a fair few comments from both side of this argument, from an outsiders perspective, it comes across very much that the people clammering for bans etc, are just cheesed off they did not get to do the exploit themselves, given that it appears that BWs only punishment is the fear tactic that people might get banned.

Not saying it is correct in all cases, but is very much how you guys are coming across.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.