Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

Sorry you missed them, most if not all of those threads were deleted before Eric's big announcement, before the mods gave up and just let this stuff fester.

I guess this is where you call me a liar, or whatever.

*shrug*

Not at all but with over 300 pages of content ( that aren't deleted I believe? ) one would think you would have something to put forward to back up your opinion on so many people unfairly calling for the removal of gear that is even the gear people bought from GTN.

As I said to begin with I had seen a few of those but in almost every case it was someone being sarcastic.

If you're saying none of that has really occured in these new threads then with the amount of content put forward and none of it being in the light you paint it one would t hink you are completely unjustified in your "witch-hunter" comments.

Though I do like the title so I'm keeping it. Reminds me of that recent hansel and grettel movie that I quite enjoyed in 3D.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all if they do punish anyone, they are all a bunch of hypocrites ! They have no leg to stand on as they did not punish anyone for the Nefra NiM exploit that was going around the last time.....

But that's life... **** runs down hill. Peeps at the top ( Bioware ) can punish people for their own negligence and incompetence. They knew about this exploit way back during the PTS and consciously CHOSE to do nothing and launch a broken product anyway. Seriously what did you think was going to happen? You can quote or site the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use all you want. At the end of the day it's your fault. You perpetuated the problem by not only letting it happen, but by not fixing it immediately. What or how much responsibility do think Bioware is going to shoulder on this? I know....NONE

Any action against the people who pay to play will be financially prohibitive for Bioware. I know a lot of people who play the game and that did the exploit.. If any action is taken they will stop paying the REAL money for cartel coins etc... I will for sure. Maybe I will join the Free To Play cry babies that are the one whining cause they could not do the exploit in the first place. Cause if they could have they would have.........It's human nature at it's best.

Using the exploit is not CHEATING...... Cheating is when you take something and make it do something it was not designed to do. This is not the case here, The game was programmed to do this......Programmed incorrectly yes. But who's fault is that...

No amount of ranting is going to absolve you from your wrongdoing. Regardless of what Bioware may or may not have done, you still accepted items that you knew you weren't entitled to. You knowingly broke the rules. You should be held responsible for your actions. Act like an adult, admit your wrongdoings, and accept punishment for your involvement in this debacle.

If you aren't happy with SWTOR you're certainly free to take your $15 /mo and play any game you choose, but you'll still deal with bugs and exploits because no game out there is ever totally bug free.

Quit whining and man up for what you did.

Edited by LadyVix

Dont encourage arguments that have no basis in fact, it will only perpetuate the current climate we are in.

No arguments that have no basis in fact? Forums would be damn near empty without those. ;)

Seriously... everyone needs to take a breath... I think its all been said. From all sides.

We all have our opinions... I think its time we start having fun again. Bioware is going to do what they are going to do.... nothing we post here will make a difference.

I do think points should be awarded for ForumPvP tho.

No amount of ranting is going to absolve you from your wrongdoing. Regardless of what Bioware may or may not have done, you still accepted items that you knew you weren't entitled to. You knowingly broke the rules. You should be held responsible for your actions. Act like an adult, admit your wrongdoings, and accept punishment for your involvement in this debacle.

If you aren't happy with SWTOR you're certainly free to take your $15 /mo and play any game you choose, but you'll still deal with bugs and exploits because no game out there is ever totally bug free.

Quit whining and man up for what you did.

In any other MMO if they cant get a hotfix in a couple of days they completely lock down the instance till its able to be patched, not let it sit on live for 6 weeks and let the number grow.

To Whom it May Concern,

Please keep us/me more informed about these awesome exploits that are so widespread and go on for weeks. I missed out on this one, and as a result I am now behind the power curve. :mad:

I was so focused on getting gear via ULTs (that are pretty much gone now) in order to be well geared for the new Ravagers OP, that I didn't even try to get into one. As a result, I get to be looked at like a newb next to the peeps who went in and geared up via this exploit. grrrr

I have enjoyed this game, but my sub will be up on 27 Jan if things don't get any better.

Thank You,

CopperLord

No arguments that have no basis in fact? Forums would be damn near empty without those. ;)

Seriously... everyone needs to take a breath... I think its all been said. From all sides.

We all have our opinions... I think its time we start having fun again. Bioware is going to do what they are going to do.... nothing we post here will make a difference.

I do think points should be awarded for ForumPvP tho.

Be it as it may, sub is ending in 5 days, I don't think I am going to resub because all the constant bugs in every facet of the game, whether its PvE, PvP, Glitching or what the **** ever. Its ******** that we continue to put up with a game that has as many bugs as this does and has had since launch.

Maybe I will join the Free To Play cry babies that are the one whining cause they could not do the exploit in the first place. Cause if they could have they would have.........It's human nature at it's best.

I hadn't picked up on this the first time I saw your post as quite honestly I didn't read it all until LadyVix quoted you ( generic excuse fest we've heard a few times now ) but I thought F2P couldn't post on forums?

Be it as it may, sub is ending in 5 days, I don't think I am going to resub because all the constant bugs in every facet of the game, whether its PvE, PvP, Glitching or what the **** ever. Its ******** that we continue to put up with a game that has as many bugs as this does and has had since launch.

You should raise a ticket :D

In any other MMO if they cant get a hotfix in a couple of days they completely lock down the instance till its able to be patched, not let it sit on live for 6 weeks and let the number grow.

The expansion had just gone live, and there was very limited end game content available. Their choices were to either leave it open and trust players to do the honorable thing, or shut it down and listen to the chitstorm of whining about Lv60's having nothing to do. Beyond that they even allowed players to run Lv55 ops and receive ultimates, but the players still took advantage of the situation. Bioware did what they could, regardless of whether we feel the amount of available content was sufficient. Could they have done more? Probably, but that still doesn't excuse the conduct of the individuals involved.

Well... thats a choice each make at sub-renewal... not going to try and persuade you either way...

I just canceled my recurring subscription. My subscription now ends on 26 Feb, I guess my next billing date was 27 Jan, so they have me for another month now. I've played a few other MMOs, and some others are worth looking into. I understand things are buggy, and **** happens, but it seems like this game is turning into a cash grab, and that's not fun for me. Being left out of these exploits that go on for weeks just adds to it.

Who knows? Things may get better, but I doubt it. Good luck with this SWTOR peeps. I hope you can make this game good again in about 6 weeks.

Some of my suggestions:

:(fix all of the bugs

:(fix all of the exploits

:(fix all of the lag

:)make something that is fun

:)make something that is challenging

:Dmake me want to play the game

I just canceled my recurring subscription. My subscription now ends on 26 Feb, I guess my next billing date was 27 Jan, so they have me for another month now. I've played a few other MMOs, and some others are worth looking into. I understand things are buggy, and **** happens, but it seems like this game is turning into a cash grab, and that's not fun for me. Being left out of these exploits that go on for weeks just adds to it.

Who knows? Things may get better, but I doubt it. Good luck with this SWTOR peeps. I hope you can make this game good again in about 6 weeks.

Some of my suggestions:

:(fix all of the bugs

:(fix all of the exploits

:(fix all of the lag

:)make something that is fun

:)make something that is challenging

:Dmake me want to play the game

My sincere best wishes go with you. I hope you find that bug free, exploit free, lag free, captivating and fun game that

you seek. If you find it, please let us know.

Best wishes,

LadyVix

Good to hear. Frankly you should outright ban the worst offenders. And if you really have all that data then there's no reason you can't take each and every bit of a reward those that did use it got.

I love a good laugh. Most likely, you yourself took advantage of this exploit and are just trying to divert attention away from yourself. Good try.

My sincere best wishes go with you. I hope you find that bug free, exploit free, lag free, captivating and fun game that

you seek. If you find it, please let us know.

Best wishes,

LadyVix

Thank you for your support. Right now BLOONS TD5 is looking pretty good. I love those damn little monkeys!!!

Being left out of these exploits that go on for weeks just adds to it.

I'm confused on your stance here. You don't seem annoyed that people exploited/cheated but more than you didn't get the chance to do the same?

If Bioware does remove all that gear ideally things go back to status quo in the regard of people being ahead of you.

You should raise a ticket :D

HAH! Why would I put in a ticket? The last 2 that I put in had valid claims only to be responded with answers that were copy pasted and didnt pertain to the question I had asked at all. Not only do they not read the tickets they don't send there automated bots to send you a copy paste message fast enough either.

The expansion had just gone live, and there was very limited end game content available. Their choices were to either leave it open and trust players to do the honorable thing, or shut it down and listen to the chitstorm of whining about Lv60's having nothing to do. Beyond that they even allowed players to run Lv55 ops and receive ultimates, but the players still took advantage of the situation. Bioware did what they could, regardless of whether we feel the amount of available content was sufficient. Could they have done more? Probably, but that still doesn't excuse the conduct of the individuals involved.

its better to have a small *****torm of people complaining they cant do the content than the massive fan which had the proverbial **** thrown into it multiple times like we have now.

I'm confused on your stance here. You don't seem annoyed that people exploited/cheated but more than you didn't get the chance to do the same?

If Bioware does remove all that gear ideally things go back to status quo in the regard of people being ahead of you.

That's right. I missed out of something for weeks, and that does annoy me. I seriously doubt anything happens to anyone who used this exploit(they can't even get rid of the gold spammers) and I'll still be here with what is now subpar gear.

Good fix Bioware, good thing you fixed the Ravagers Exploit.

The Underlurker is more bugged than ever.

HM Bulo put some cracks in those barrels, load lifters are going after exonium carts and where exonium carts are going after dps/healers. The load lifters also sometimes stand there for a solid 30 seconds than explode on the tanks.

Good thing you guys are working on tracking the exploiters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.