The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reverse the Ultimate Commendation decision!

SebastiaanZ

Why should old content, especially old storymode content, reward top tier gear?

It shouldn't.

50 Ops didn't give ultimates as rewards during the 55 cycle.

55 Ops should not give ultimates as rewards during the 60 cycle.

if/When we get another level cap increase in a few years, then the 60 Ops shouldn't give ultimates in whatever new cycle comes next.

You want top tier rewards? Do current level, top tier missions for them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should old content, especially old storymode content, reward top tier gear?

It shouldn't.

50 Ops didn't give ultimates as rewards during the 55 cycle.

55 Ops should not give ultimates as rewards during the 60 cycle.

if/When we get another level cap increase in a few years, then the 60 Ops shouldn't give ultimates in whatever new cycle comes next.

You want top tier rewards? Do current level, top tier missions for them.

Well it HAS for the past month. Don't blame players for having come to expect it. This isn't some mistake they left live for a day or two...it's been live for over A MONTH!

Therein lies the problem. It was not challenging. Therefore why should it reward gear that is nearly the best available?

Because people still took the time to do it. They sat thought 30-60 min worth of content. I fail to see why everything has to be "challenging". Who freaking CARES. I spent my time, I fail to see why the reward shouldn't be decent. That gives more incentive to do it in the first place.

It isn't rewarding the best gear. Just Ultimate comms.

I agree 100% with the OP. My problem is that there is essentially only 2 ops to do now, when we had 6 to do before. THAT is the problem with this entire thing.

Edited by DarthVengeant

problem is not the cooms but the drops.

this OPS drop utter trash worst then rishi mod vendor.

at least scale the drops to yavin 4 on SM and massasi on hm\nim with random 192 token per boss.

without gear drops only reason to run those is tokens which are now only basic ones.

Absolute horrible decision. I don't want to be forced to play the ops, but I do want the best gear. If I want to run SnV and TFB HM for Ult Comms let us! Don't nerf it!

Commendation gear is not the best gear.

I think it's a great decision because it was too easy to get endgame gear. On the other hand the commendation gear is so crap that people who take endgame more seriously can only really scratch their heads at this commendation gear.

Luckily, if you don't do ops there is no content you cannot do without 198 gear. The dailies on Yavin 4 are easy with 186 gear and the 192 gear you can get is plenty for FPs as well. Mind you, getting augments really helps.

As far as I'm concerned they might as well take ultimate comms out of the gear because although I agree that they shouldn't be too easy to get, the rewards you get from them are currently laughable.

If you could get a good 192 mod or enhancement for 100 ultimate comms it would be more rewarding than the current crap gear. Of course crafters might not be happy but who has the purple mats for that anyway?

Because people still took the time to do it. They sat thought 30-60 min worth of content. I fail to see why everything has to be "challenging". Who freaking CARES. I spent my time, I fail to see why the reward shouldn't be decent. That gives more incentive to do it in the first place.

It isn't rewarding the best gear. Just Ultimate comms.

I agree 100% with the OP. My problem is that there is essentially only 2 ops to do now, when we had 6 to do before. THAT is the problem with this entire thing.

First off, I said nearly the best, not the best. Second, Basic comms would be a decent reward that is about the right reward for the time and effort required.

The Ops are still there, you can still do them any time you want.

Yep. It was fun re-visiting older SM Ops with people. Sure, it wasn't challenging content, but it was fun. Now there won't be nearly as many players doing them, and that is a shame.

agreed, because IMO. Fun is the key word. I enjoy this game when its fun and enjoyable. Dangling a decent reward in front of people so we can get a 16 man group going is fine

Afterall the comm gear is ok, but the set bonus is where its at and thats tied to level 60 content

Commendation gear is not the best gear.

I think it's a great decision because it was too easy to get endgame gear. On the other hand the commendation gear is so crap that people who take endgame more seriously can only really scratch their heads at this commendation gear.

Luckily, if you don't do ops there is no content you cannot do without 198 gear. The dailies on Yavin 4 are easy with 186 gear and the 192 gear you can get is plenty for FPs as well. Mind you, getting augments really helps.

As far as I'm concerned they might as well take ultimate comms out of the gear because although I agree that they shouldn't be too easy to get, the rewards you get from them are currently laughable.

If you could get a good 192 mod or enhancement for 100 ultimate comms it would be more rewarding than the current crap gear. Of course crafters might not be happy but who has the purple mats for that anyway?

Its wont matter for long, history will repeat and in a few months we will get an update with some new op or something and we will get a new set of gear, and the 198 stuff will be the new 192 stuff

LOL - 4/10 on troll post...

If folks didn't get up and knock out the 198 offhands for characters by now then it serves them right.

Good on you Bioware... make folks go do the actual operations. Now that Ultimate Comm's are almost unobtainable any other way but 20 a week.

When makeb came out there was a classic weekly to get intimates and I know we have a classic ops quest now is that staying?

They should do something to make the old ops worth doing. No ultimates what's worth doing that connent. Bioware you spent how much time and reaources making all that old content just to let it sit there why not make it worth while to keep doing by taking them away we now have less end game content how is that making end game better?

if you're not doing top-end content..you don't need the top-end gear.

end of discussion.

/Signed.

Somebody get a notary in here right nao... so we can witness/stamp and end this nonsense.

Edited by Andryah

Therein lies the problem. It was not challenging. Therefore why should it reward gear that is nearly the best available?

Whilst I agree that the content is faceroll, I can tell you from experience over the past couple of weeks that many pugs still struggle with any mechanic that potentially causes a raid wipe in the HM TfB and S&V, particularly Operator and the adds on Styrak!!! And as for HM DF or DP - forget about it!

Getting 28 ultimate comms for completing S&V in 16m SM was a bit OTT though. Would have been nice to see something in-between the paltry 10 ultimates for the Classic Comms weekly (which a not insignificant %age of pugs would struggle with still) and the 56 ultimates (excluding the weekly) that were available until now for 16m S&V HM.

I mean the gear you can get for ultimates is trash anyway, pretty sure you can no longer get BiS mods for comms. Plus, as it is now a 6 rather than 4 piece set bonus, that means there the only piece worth getting for comms is the offhand.

I think they've taken the grind a bit too far now with 3.0 and have a feeling that it will have the opposite effect of what they were hoping, and, rather than encouraging ppl to stay subbed for longer (to grind for the gear), they will instead get fed up with the grind and quit sooner.

Edited by Ayakin_Solaris

I am sad not because I need the comms, but because other people wanted the comms, so there were lots of runs for the content, so it gave someone who has never tried a chance to get in. Now, it's going to be back to 'know fights' and 'come geared' and 'link achievements'. Well, I saw almost an entire run of TfB. I guess, that would have to suffice :)

Yeah, sad to see it go, it was so cool seeing all the activity happening. :) But, I guess, people just can't do the same stuff over and over, that's understandable.

Edited by DomiSotto

it sounds like one of those literature terms I can't quite remember but the definition is to hold up something humanly wrong for ridicule.

Satire.

The issue is Poe's Law, of course, that it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between satire and genuine belief in the idiotic concept. Read about "A Modest Proposal" sometime; people were up in arms despite the fact that there was no possible way he was serious (the "proposal" was to solve the overpopulation and famine in Ireland with one simple solution: eat unwanted babies).