Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Incentive to NEVER buy the expansion!

Aeries_Holley

So, 55 fully geared for pvp? Don't buy the expansion... EVER!

Why you ask?

Go face roll the 30-59 bracket all day in your 2018 expertise, because you can, and with no xpac, there's none of that Pesky XP to force you to out level this bracket and do actual pvp with the 60's! Its wonderful! Perfect way to avoid supporting the game and ruining lower levels playing experience so they quit too! Wonderful!!!

Sarcasm Aside, bioware please address this, thanks

short of getting rid of exp gear, which hurts ppl who actually play the game as opposed to wait around in sanctuary for pops, the best solution to this is via bolster. bolster everyone in instanced pvp to 2018. set a bolstered figure for the other stats on brut and obroan gear. problem solved.

what they did last xpac was unacceptable, and that's probably why they didn't do it this time: convert the pvp gear to pve gear. I use that pvp gear. my companions use that pvp gear. it's a requisite while questing...outside of sanctuary...on these things called pvp servers. definitely don't remove the exp. address the issue through bolster. let bolster actually do something good for a change (/pseudo sarcasm).

Edited by foxmob

short of getting rid of exp gear, which hurts ppl who actually play the game as opposed to wait around in sanctuary for pops, the best solution to this is via bolster. bolster everyone in instanced pvp to 2018. set a bolstered figure for the other stats on brut and obroan gear. problem solved.

100% agree if this only happens in lowbie pvp. Dont want a repeat of people running full blues and getting better stats than top tier pvp gear.

the best solution to this is via bolster. bolster everyone in instanced pvp to 2018. set a bolstered figure for the other stats on brut and obroan gear. problem solved.

Was thinking the same thing my friend, remove their advantage where they can take on the entire team solo, and they'll eventually grow bored of it and level up to see the new content, or if they don't then at least it will give other players a fair chance and be fun again

Edited by Aeries_Holley

that's why they should just stick 55-59s in their own bracket. **** them. For those who are leveling from 55-59, they can do PVE if the pops are too long for them to do warzones. As it is now, all the 30-50 players are forced to do pve because they are not able to compete properly with the 55-59s.

It's too much trouble with the 55-59s in the warzones ruining the entire bracket for lower lvls that just get into this tier of pvp. I have no faith in bolster being fixed, so, just stick them in their own bracket where the borked bolster mechanics is even across the board for all of the 55-59s in the warzone. At least the fights will be fair, they all will have the same stupid boost effect from bolster.

55-59 is too small a group, 50-59 would suffice. Sure the 50-54 levels would not be great but neither was 30-49 pre 3.0. I don't think this would be all the catastrophic to que times.

Yeah maybe this would work. Hope they do something, soon. So stupid this has been going on for a month now.

I would really like people to stop whining about expertise.. The problem in 30-59 isn't expertise. It's how much main stat a 55 can get over 30.. 30s can barely reach 2000, 40s go up to 2300, 50s to 2500, 55s to 2700-3000. That's the problem in PvP.. Not the small 100 expertise difference between Brut and bolster

I would really like people to stop whining about expertise.. The problem in 30-59 isn't expertise. It's how much main stat a 55 can get over 30.. 30s can barely reach 2000, 40s go up to 2300, 50s to 2500, 55s to 2700-3000. That's the problem in PvP.. Not the small 100 expertise difference between Brut and bolster

Hrm, that sounds like an issue with the bolster itself that would need fixing, as the 30's would already be at a disadvantage ability wise and according to what you said stat wise as well, but the issue i'm pointing out here is the 55's who are not leveling up with full expertise. The 55 Bolster for expertise was not as kind as the 60 one, but none the less I have a grand quest for you today! Grab a full set of heal or dps 186's and zone into a pvp war zone and tell us how you fared versus players in full expertise gear, dying to hear about it :D Preferably heal gear in a 4v4, you'll probably notice a distinct difference in your longevity.

Failing that, get a character into the 30's or 40's and queue for a Warzone, I'm sure you'll eventually encounter a team of 55's all doing this, as I've seen both sides doing it, and its rarely balanced number of these full expertise players on either team.

Edited by Aeries_Holley

Hrm, that sounds like an issue with the bolster itself that would need fixing, as the 30's would already be at a disadvantage ability wise and according to what you said stat wise as well, but the issue i'm pointing out here is the 55's who are not leveling up with full expertise. The 55 Bolster for expertise was not as kind as the 60 one, but none the less I have a grand quest for you today! Grab a full set of heal or dps 186's and zone into a pvp war zone and tell us how you fared versus players in full expertise gear, dying to hear about it :D Preferably heal gear in a 4v4, you'll probably notice a distinct difference in your longevity.

Failing that, get a character into the 30's or 40's and queue for a Warzone, I'm sure you'll eventually encounter a team of 55's all doing this, as I've seen both sides doing it, and its rarely balanced number of these full expertise players on either team.

If you're dumb enough to go into a warzone with anything over 162.. It's your problem. 162 is the minimum gear. 168 is T1 PvP and 174 is T2.. Why do you think a 186 is getting destroyed??

This isn't an issue, it's just being stupid.If you want to bolster with like 1200 expertise, go in with your 186. Or just learn how bolster works.

Who actually finds it fun to beat people that really have no clue how to play? I enjoy 60 PvP because there are some good players that I enjoy seeing if I can outdo. But it's become so horribly laggy for me. Ah well, hopefully todays patch fixes that.

I quit the game before Hutt expansion came out and came back with Shadow of Revan. Had a max lvl Marauder since a couple months after launch. I just started pvp'ing the other week. Rolled a Hatred SIN because my 60 Marauder can't do anything in PVP and when the game first came out Shadow was a favorite of mine. I consistently PVPed on my SIN from lvl 12 through now, lvl 32. From 12 to lvl 29 I quickly got to top DPS/kills and my team almost always won (so dailies just needed one queue heh). Now that I'm in the mid bracket I feel like I can't do a single thing. I know I'm no pro and am still learning, but to go from top to bottom simply because I leveled is really strange. I'm going to keep at it, though.

As you go up in levels, you increase (hopefully) in both levels and skills. You also earn more quality of life abilities/passives. Hence the distribution is skewed towards the higher end of the pyramid.

Things will get better, at least for your Shadow, at 60 - though you will see a "performance drop" again while going 59 -> 60. This'll have only to do with how much time people in 60 spent practicing against each other, a different meta and so on.

Edited by Metthew

Was thinking the same thing my friend, remove their advantage where they can take on the entire team solo, and they'll eventually grow bored of it and level up to see the new content, or if they don't then at least it will give other players a fair chance and be fun again

??? dude...you...no. how many ppl do you think are purposefully leaving WZs early so as not to level? the OP posted an absolute worst case scenario and even he said it was an exaggeration. the vast majority of players you run into in full brut/ob are not dodging 60s. I leveled 59-60 in WZs exclusively. it's called maxing comms. that's what 99% of the players are doing. you play the SoR content once and you've seen it all. it's even the same damn thing on both factions. there's one "unique" class mission as well. that's a joke. the only reason to go out into the "new content" is to farm mats from the abundant nodes in 3.0.

I accept that ppl have a problem with the top end of the bracket also having a gear advantage. I question what color the sky is in your world if you think they're twinking out and hiding in mid bracket.

If you're dumb enough to go into a warzone with anything over 162.. It's your problem. 162 is the minimum gear. 168 is T1 PvP and 174 is T2.. Why do you think a 186 is getting destroyed??

This isn't an issue, it's just being stupid.If you want to bolster with like 1200 expertise, go in with your 186. Or just learn how bolster works.

Apologies, that was a sarcastic comment for the the guy who posted expertise doesn't matter in WZ's.

You're 100% right, having expertise gear is a big deal in WZ's as the bolster doesn't take ya much past 1200 or so vs their 2018, which is the original issue I wished to address with this post, 55's, who don't buy the expansion rofl stomping the 30-59 bracket is silly setup. Another one they can do is buy full 186 set, put into legacy gear and only requires lvl 58 to equip. Saw a lvl 58 in pvp with 48000 hp in full 186's the other day as well. Few abuses in the system which the bolster doesn't cover which I would like to see addressed that's all. Bolster gives most classes about 28k as a comparison point (basically whatever you would have gotten as an under geared 55 prior to 3.0) The 58 mentioned isn't a huge deal though, they'll eventually hit 60 from War zones alone.

Edited by Aeries_Holley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.