The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How come Jaden Korr is not considered to be among the strongest force users or jedi?

adormitul

There is a video game where you see his feats there are comics also and in all of them he showed how strong and capable in the force he is. So why is he not considered to be among the top 10 or at least top 20 strongest force users ever or at least being among the top 10 jedi?

Half of the jedi that are in top 10 on some list did not do half the feats he did. Why is he so ignored.

Bassically because there are other members in the same NJO that are ALSO ignored, like Kyle Katarn (who was his master, and is technically stronger) Saba Sebatyne (who took over as GM for a while, stronger then Kyle) Corran Horn (stronger then Kyle also, but has issues with TK so instantly written off for most) and even Leia is actually stronger then Jaden (in her prime) how ever again, she is written off to, not to mention Jaina and Kyp Durron, who arent ussually as easily written off. As we can see we already have 7 people in the NJO alone stronger then Jaden (Luke would be the seventh of course) and that's not including ANY of the Sith from that era, (or dark siders in general). Jaden is powerful, just not as powerful as others.

Edited by tunewalker

Bassically because there are other members in the same NJO that are ALSO ignored, like Kyle Katarn (who was his master, and is technically stronger) Saba Sebatyne (who took over as GM for a while, stronger then Kyle) Corran Horn (stronger then Kyle also, but has issues with TK so instantly written off for most) and even Leia is actually stronger then Jaden (in her prime) how ever again, she is written off to, not to mention Jaina and Kyp Durron, who arent ussually as easily written off. As we can see we already have 7 people in the NJO alone stronger then Jaden (Luke would be the seventh of course) and that's not including ANY of the Sith from that era, (or dark siders in general). Jaden is powerful, just not as powerful as others.

How do you know that any of them are stronger then Jaden and to be fair to Kyle he is the battlemaster of the jedi order and that is a proof of his skill, being a GM is not proof of your skill it is more political so Saba Sebatyne is not such a big thing. Besides Luke and Kyle the others did not had any feats that you can say they were stronger then Jaden.

Also, now that I think about it, what did Saba or Corran ever do to be put above Jaden 'pimp slapped Marka Ragnos' Korr?

That is the thing nobody can actually answer that question because this is one of the questions where you can not give a decent answer.

Edited by adormitul

Besides Luke and Kyle the others did not had any feats that you can say they were stronger then Jaden.

...... you're joking right?

also are you suggesting Saba was made grandmaster because she's a great politican? ............ wow.

anyway Jaden Kor is just another Jedi. he's talented sure but not any more gifted then countless others. the only reason you're even suggesting he's powerful is cause he appered in a video game.

as it is I can no longer take the character seriously after those two ATROCIOUS novels the character appered in. a novels gotta be pretty bad to rank up on my "worst SW novels of all time list" but the novels featuring Kor do.

...... you're joking right?

also are you suggesting Saba was made grandmaster because she's a great politican? ............ wow.

anyway Jaden Kor is just another Jedi. he's talented sure but not any more gifted then countless others. the only reason you're even suggesting he's powerful is cause he appered in a video game.

as it is I can no longer take the character seriously after those two ATROCIOUS novels the character appered in. a novels gotta be pretty bad to rank up on my "worst SW novels of all time list" but the novels featuring Kor do.

Oh please what did she do she killed the former acting Grandmaster who tried to keep the peace and she was only made a grandmaster because she was the most vocal of the jedi who opposed the policies of Daala and killed the former Grandmaster. She could not even life the former grandmaster from falling and his lightsaber from reaching the target with the force. I mean we saw Jaden Korr push a object that probably had tons for quite a distance with the force hell he could lift more then one person in the air.

The only reason Kyle did not become the next grandmaster is because he does not wanna become one and Jaden has so many issues with his doubt and other crap that I did not get why it was important. The novels just suck I admit there a piece of **** but the game is good and there is where most of his feats were shown.

really do you think that if you are a grandmaster or a master you are powerful or we forgot about the council member that was killed in one shot by Jango Fett and yet he was a council member and a master yeah true skill there.

Oh please what did she do she killed the former acting Grandmaster who tried to keep the peace and she was only made a grandmaster because she was the most vocal of the jedi who opposed the policies of Daala and killed the former Grandmaster. She could not even life the former grandmaster from falling and his lightsaber from reaching the target with the force. I mean we saw Jaden Korr push a object that probably had tons for quite a distance with the force hell he could lift more then one person in the air.

The only reason Kyle did not become the next grandmaster is because he does not wanna become one and Jaden has so many issues with his doubt and other crap that I did not get why it was important. The novels just suck I admit there a piece of **** but the game is good and there is where most of his feats were shown.

really do you think that if you are a grandmaster or a master you are powerful or we forgot about the council member that was killed in one shot by Jango Fett and yet he was a council member and a master yeah true skill there.

Wrestling control away from another powerful Force user is a good feat.

First, Saba is Stronger then Kyle. based on other accolades alone. Saba DIDNT want to be GM, she was chosen as the best person for the job, because the ONLY other person they even considered was Corran Horn, who said he would likely lead them to the dark side. Caedus saw Saba as a threat an accolade he didnt put on Katarn or Corran. Corran has been stronger then Kyle since the Jedi Academy book trilogy, at least in everything EXCEPT TK, which is what Corran has always had an issue with. The rest just have better feats. Leia holding together the Falcon, Jaina's fight with Caedus and being name "Sword of the Jedi" and Kyp Durron being the only "non Skywalker" considered on their level, and if I am not mistaken (I could be) he was also the only one besides Luke to move the Mini Black holes during the Vong War.

For pure Feats, Saba was considered a Master TK, by Luke. And had better Life senses then Luke himself. Corran was of course unmatched in Tutaminis, as well as highly skilled in Illusions. Anything that wasnt TK he was actually better then Kyle at.

A Battle Master in the order is some one that has proven themselves as a master of combat, NOT just a master of force OR Lightsaber. They need to be a master of OTHER forms of combat as well, be it tactics or other weapons. Considering Kyle Katarn LITERALLY has mastered the use of nearly every kind of weapon.... being the Battle Master is no surprise for him. That doesnt make him stronger in the Force then his contemporaries. There is a reason they are held in high regard.

Dude you guys seriously don't know your star wars, lemme break it down for you Kyle>Luke>Jaden Korr> Donkey kong<mario<adult link with the mastersword<kanye west who considers himself>Jesus but is really kanye<poop

And the best part is, these is my legit quantities of fictional characters power levels in a made up universe. What makes it sweeter is my opinion holds as much water as yours do, now please prove my fictional dissertation about a non existent universe and it's characters wrong. Oh yea thats right, you can't

/thread son

Why is this even being argued... It's quite pointless because THEY ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS... Seriously people, go outside, read a book that isnt SW related, get a girlfriend/boyfriend... Fictional Characters have no bearing on reality and it makes no sense to get into pointless debates about who is more powerful because the writers could make any of them just powerful enough to kill everyone...

Why is this even being argued... It's quite pointless because THEY ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS... Seriously people, go outside, read a book that isnt SW related, get a girlfriend/boyfriend... Fictional Characters have no bearing on reality and it makes no sense to get into pointless debates about who is more powerful because the writers could make any of them just powerful enough to kill everyone...

It's nerd culture.

Actually my boyfriend and I discuss Star Wars at times just for fun. Do we argue about it no? But it can be fun to discuss it anyways.

This was way to juicy for me not to respond to:

Why is this even being argued... It's quite pointless because THEY ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS...

Like your love life.

go outside

Can't, need 98,000 more XP to level up my 18th toon on my 3rd MMO, duh.

read a book that isnt SW related,

I don't recall asking for your opinion on what to read, therefore I find you giving it irrelevant.

get a girlfriend/boyfriend...

Says the person who presumably made an account on a subscribed forum just to say it.

Also, suggesting I can't manage a relationship and social life on the Internet is lolworthy.

Fictional Characters have no bearing on reality

This sentence just forced a small village to sacrifice lambs to please the fiction gods.

Also, your double-standards present here is so grotesque an entire civilization just died off.

and it makes no sense to get into pointless debates about who is more powerful

No, it's called intelligence, dedication, working, expanding, accepting, and a social life (*gasp*).

I met people who got me through some really rough times by just chatting Star Wars with them, actually.

because the writers could make any of them just powerful enough to kill everyone...

That's not how it works, lol. Please educate yourself on lore then get back to me in 15 years.

Caedus saw Saba as a threat an accolade he didnt put on Katarn or Corran.

IIRC, this was entirely because he was worried she might pierce his magical force deception with her super perception (that I don't recall being mentioned prior to that book, but whatever) and realize he was now mainlining dark side power instead of light side and reveal to the whole order he was a sith. Not because she was a threat to him in a fight or anything. Just like how in KOTOR Bastila was a threat to the sith because of her unique battle meditation power but really wasn't that big a deal in a fight compared to some of the other people running around.