The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

regarding punishment for exploit

tolaez

Well, the populace is, suprise! Heavily divided on the issue. Why not instead of giving the non exploiters an item as others suggested, give those who -didnt- cheat a title of some type that only those who didnt cheat could get to use or not use at their own perogative.

Now i know the ones who did cheat will probably be offended by this idea, but well, you did decide to cheat after all, no one held a gun to your head and forced you to zone into the raid and click on that corpse/chest/whatever it was that was said loot pinata..

Its kinda like random drug testing at work, those most offended by it are usually the ones who will be caught by it...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all on the devs. The exploit should have been easily caught by testers. The exploit is pretty bad but the bugs that make HM fights almost impossible to complete is a joke too.

Devs should be punished, not us.

Edited by Toweleeeie

This is all on the devs. The exploit should have been easily caught by testers. The exploit is pretty bad but the bugs that make HM fights almost impossible to complete is a joke too.

It's been strongly claimed that the testers DID find the bug that allows this exploit, and reported it.

there are a few different type of players in this game.

1. ones that did this to gear quicker

2. ones that did it because they have no chance of clearing hm to get good gear.

3. ones that didnt do it because they didnt know how

4. ones that didnt do it because they think its "cheating"

which one are you?

i say make a special server for all the goody two shoes to transfer to and force them to play pub side and only make lightside choices.

Edited by bdrickybd

there are a few different type of players in this game.

1. ones that did this to gear quicker

2. ones that did it because they have no chance of clearing hm to get good gear.

3. ones that didnt do it because they didnt know how

4. ones that didnt do it because they think its "cheating"

which one are you?

5. didn't care, don't care, not sure how it's done, wouldn't have done it if it were happening on my server because meh, raids, whatever

Well, the populace is, suprise! Heavily divided on the issue. Why not instead of giving the non exploiters an item as others suggested, give those who -didnt- cheat a title of some type that omly those who didnt cheat could get to use or not use at their own perogative.

Now i know the ones who did cheat will probably be offended by this idea, but well, you did decide to cheat after all, no one held a gun to your head and forced to to zone into the raid and click on that corpse/chest/whstever it was that was said loot pinata..

Its kinda like random drug testing at work, those most offended by it are usually the ones who will be caught by it...

Other ideas:

* 80% credit "fine" for all involved parties, account wide removal of all exploited mods, and exploiters receive a 1 year account wide debuff of 5% decrease in DPS/healing. (complete with sad face debuff icon) You guys want credit sinks, this would be the granddaddy of em' all.

* Characters used to participate in this exploit are permanently locked and can't be accessed or deleted so exploiters could be reminded of their misdeed everytime they login. Make re-grinding and equipping a replacement character serve as their punishment.

* Credit fine, mod removal, plus a non changeable title "the exploiter" for participating characters.

:)

Edited by LadyVix

The only people that will be punished if not already have been punished are those who transfer their character to sell access to the exploit or openly advertised they wanted to sell access to it. They are not going to suspend or ban a third or more of their subscribers for using the easy less rewarding version of the exploit, which I'm being careful not to detail. They aren't going to tell you how many people did it, they might not even know, but they know it's a lot. A lot of subscribers who are probably on the verge of looking for another game anyhow.

I am actually on the verge of quitting the game after 3 years. The way they handle the exploiters will determine it.

I know you (or someone else) are going to reply that I don't weigh much in the balance. But it still doesn't change the fact that if they don't take action seriously against the exploiters it will mean to me that they condone that behaviour (though that wouldn't be something new... old Ilum anyone?). It won't be the game I want to play and the dev team I want to support anymore.

Edited by demotivator

Well, the populace is, suprise! Heavily divided on the issue. Why not instead of giving the non exploiters an item as others suggested, give those who -didnt- cheat a title of some type that only those who didnt cheat could get to use or not use at their own perogative.

Now i know the ones who did cheat will probably be offended by this idea, but well, you did decide to cheat after all, no one held a gun to your head and forced you to zone into the raid and click on that corpse/chest/whatever it was that was said loot pinata..

if the devs can positively guarantee that they have the categories right(exploiter/non). if they get just 1 wrong.....kabluey

Other ideas:

* 80% credit "fine" for all involved parties, account wide removal of all exploited mods, and exploiters receive a 1 year account wide debuff of 5% decrease in DPS/healing. (complete with sad face debuff icon) You guys want credit sinks, this would be the granddaddy of em' all.

* Characters used to participate in this exploit are permanently locked and can't be accessed or deleted so exploiters could be reminded of their misdeed everytime they login. Make re-grinding and equipping a replacement character serve as their punishment.

* Credit fine, mod removal, plus a non changeable title "the exploiter" for participating characters.

roflmao wow this will take more work than this crap expansion

What a pathetic thread of wannabe moral code knights. It's a game, someone else exploting effects you zero. Quit your whining. People wanting stuff for not cheating, hahahahahahaha! I can't believe how pathetic people are, I guess it's like they say. You really need to see it to believe it.

Bottom line...WHO REALLY GIVES A RATS ***, one way or the other. BW should just leave well enough alone. Let the exploiters keep the gear, since we have been playing a sub par game since 3.0. Hell, we should be rewarded for still playing through all the lag, broken mechanics, server queue's when pop was standard, GTN not working and, oh, did I mention the LAG...... Just fix the game BW, leave the players alone this time, and move on.

roflmao wow this will take more work than this crap expansion

LOL, keep telling yourself that.

I just don't understand people that call this a crap expansion, then go out of their way to exploit gear so they can play it.

Was the expansion bad? Yeah, but it still doesn't excuse those who participated in this exploit. Man up and take responsibility for your misdeeds rather than blaming others for your lack of moral values.

I will admit, though, that those were only alternate punishment suggestions. If it were my call, I'd permanently ban EVERYONE involved. We don't need cheaters in SWTOR.

Ban them for what? For playing a crappy expansion? I died 8 times today on Alderaan, my taunts would activate too late, my cool-downs would never activate, when I entered the Justice (trooper story line), my companion decided to run around the ship agroing everyone. I would submit a ticket, but why? Tanking is an adventure, will my aoe taunt activate? Sorry Mr. Healer, I taunted...but it activated after you died. My bad tank, my heal never activated...and you died. But all is not lost, Bioware intends to punish the programmers...oops sorry, they intend to punish some players for exploiting the game. I just wish there was a un-lag exploit. :mad::mad::mad:

P.S Excuse my grammar, I was drunk when wrote this. I can’t play this game sober. It’s like dating an ugly person…the booze make them look pretty or handsome. Time for another screw driver…hold the orange juice:D:D:D

Ban them for what? For playing a crappy expansion? I died 8 times today on Alderaan, my taunts would activate too late, my cool-downs would never activate, when I entered the Justice (trooper story line), my companion decided to run around the ship agroing everyone. I would submit a ticket, but why? Tanking is an adventure, will my aoe taunt activate? Sorry Mr. Healer, I taunted...but it activated after you died. My bad tank, my heal never activated...and you died. But all is not lost, Bioware intends to punish the programmers...oops sorry, they intend to punish some players for exploiting the game. I just wish there was a un-lag exploit. :mad::mad::mad:

P.S Excuse my grammar, I was drunk when wrote this. I can’t play this game sober. It’s like dating an ugly person…the booze make them look pretty or handsome. Time for another screw driver…hold the orange juice:D:D:D

You had a bad day dealing with lag. Many people did. How does that make cheating acceptable?

There is *NO* justification for cheating.

NONE.

You had a bad day dealing with lag. Many people did. How does that make cheating acceptable?

There is *NO* justification for cheating.

NONE.

Not cheating, exploiting a game feature. If the developers were up to snuff, there would be no exploits. If I or anyone hacked this game, I would expect and deserve punishment.

P.S. This is not a bad day, try a bad few weeks. I get 59 MBS download and 39 MBS upload on speed test. The developers screwed up. If an armored truck crashed, and money went flying, I would pick up as much as I could...and I would keep it all. I dare bioware to ban me; Star Citizen is looking quite good. And no, I have not participated in this “recent” exploit. It’s my fifteen dollars and I will exploit if I want to, that’s if I want…I have not YET. Darn it, the PS is longer than the response. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I hope if nothing happens to the people who used this then the people who are outraged should quit because obviously they're very bothered by being in a game with "cheaters"... I mean, there's no reason to change your moral outrage just because Bioware might choose to do nothing... Edited by howieloader

>snipped< If an armored truck crashed, and money went flying, I would pick up as much as I could...and I would keep it all.

Couldn't agree more. Doesn't anybody recognize a gift from the Gods. I hate hearing about goody-goodies who find money and then turn it in to the cops.

Take all you want and give nothing back.

I am actually on the verge of quitting the game after 3 years. The way they handle the exploiters will determine it.

I know you (or someone else) are going to reply that I don't weigh much in the balance. But it still doesn't change the fact that if they don't take action seriously against the exploiters it will mean to me that they condone that behaviour (though that wouldn't be something new... old Ilum anyone?). It won't be the game I want to play and the dev team I want to support anymore.

Indeed, same here. Going to TESO where the community seems much much better and gear doesn't matter.

So basically if we find another exploit we'll use social media and tell all our in-game friends and exploit it all together because, if there will be many of us, we will get away with it! Briliant! We can ruin the game without being unpunished

Exactly. Exploiting an obvious bug is allowed if enough people do it. I'm kinda hoping a new credit duping exploit comes around now.

Other ideas:

You do realize that most people will be quitting the game if they have to do that?

Permanent character bans are not a solution for this problem.

If you want people to quit then just go ahead and ban the entire account. Most people do not have the want or drive to start an entirely new character without all their perks, CC cosmetic stuff unlocked, and money/gear they have been collecting over the course of a few years. Not to mention there are people using this supposed 'exploit' who have dumped thousands of dollars into this game to get cosmetic items for a single character unlocked.

Has nobody stopped to think that if everybody who used this gets banned, this will be huge news to the gaming community?

Most people who are a part of a social gaming community will likely hear about this, and it will discourage new players from a game that just banned half of its subscribers for taking advantage of something that EAware left in the game.

If you white knights who seriously think any solutions like this can be done without consequence to yourselves, think again.