Feels kinda weird

lafr

Why do you care about what anyone has to begin with? This seems like you actually invest real life emotions into other people's pixels.

I care because this will turn into an expectation. Every PUG raid on the fleet will expect people to have full 192/198 gear, optimized with crafted mods, because they expect everyone cheated to get them.

At no point should I have to cheat to meet requirements for the game.

Meh...gear is gear...being able to beat the actual game mechanics, regardless of whatever gear you're in, is what counts. The gear is the least of the issues...the economy is what has been impacted the most imo.

BW has a problem with exploits and abuse because no one believes they will do anything about it so people will exploit with no worries. Last night we had a laugh when people wondered how BW will crack the whip on exploiters. Ideas ranged from "nothing" or "Canadian style multiple apologies - please don't do it anymore angle" or just strong words on forums and a bug fix.

Should this time be different? If the bug is too wide spread it's hard to punish exploiters, but they should still make people believe BW is capable of caring about stopping exploits and making people pay. No bans or anything silly like that. Few days is just waste resources. Just strip _all_ the gear they have on their characters account wide or something like that if they have done it more than once... :o

It would be pretty awesome to see people log on completely naked on fleet, no earpiece, relics or implants, nothing! :D

Edited by Ruskaeth

Honestly, I don't see how the economy was greatly impacted... maybe its because I don't really think of it as a true economy... but would like to here how it was.

Mats and items mostly...cheating those who spend millions of credits DOING the stuff of their due reward/compensation.

Coming into this game as a new subscriber, it's sure sounding like Bioware doesn't give a rats *** about this game... Which is kind of scary, considering they were the ones behind Kotor 1 and some other great games. Kind of assuming that none of the original people are even at Bioware if the game is being run like this... Starting to regret subbing I think because I really do like the game, but don't feel like being treated like the developers redheaded stepchild.

Coming into this game as a new subscriber, it's sure sounding like Bioware doesn't give a rats *** about this game... Which is kind of scary, considering they were the ones behind Kotor 1 and some other great games. Kind of assuming that none of the original people are even at Bioware if the game is being run like this... Starting to regret subbing I think because I really do like the game, but don't feel like being treated like the developers redheaded stepchild.

^That^ is why severe action needs to be taken against these....parasites, at least as much as realistically feasible. (Realistically, it probably won't amount to much, but principles, and the "general public" perception that the dev-team is holding to them matter here.)

Cheating ruins games and poisons communities. It also poisons potential loyalty to the game, which further ruins the community, and there is not much community left here to take too many more of this kind of body-blow.

It's so simple, why is this joke of a dev-team incapable of seeing this, and the same *********** story since almost day-1?

What is wrong, here?

Edited by midianlord

Honestly, I don't see how the economy was greatly impacted... maybe its because I don't really think of it as a true economy... but would like to here how it was.

People abusing it could have easily made tens, maybe even hundreds of millions of credits already, while at the same time crashing the prices of mats that should be earned and difficult to get.

The 192 crafting market is ruined already (should have taken a long time, not mere weeks), and who knows how many more of the mats people have stockpiled by now.

Guilds selling gear runs to undergeared people to fund guild activities will have less customers, since more people already have the best gear.

Etc.

Edited by KTap

First, we are definitely aware of the issue! It is our plan to have a fix in place for it next Tuesday.

BW has been aware of this bug for a good time. I am willing to bet it was reported three weeks ago at latest. This begs for some kind direct statement from a developer, leading if possible. It's great that you now have a plan. Please, stop using Eric or other community managers as personal shields in these forums and stop making them saying silly things. I and I suppose one or two players more would like to hear why this particular exploit was not fixed in timely fashion. It's screams incompetence to have let this exploit exist for a month, especially because of the fix suggested in previous page was amazingly simple.

Why did you not take action fast enough? Can we trust that in future you continue letting such exploits go on without fixes for weeks? The damage done is huge if what is being said about the effects in this thread is even remotely true.

While I cannot going into specifics about that, it has and will remain our policy that any use of an exploit can lead to action being taken against your account up to and including permanent suspension.

Political all-around reply meaning absolutely nothing. "can lead to". That made me wonder where could I have heard that before? Oh right, every time something exploitable is fixed too late. Again, a response from developer, or someone who has the kahunas to make the call for action would be appreciated. Stop hiding behind community managers in these kind of issues, especially if everything you make them put forward is like bland coffee.

I have learned to know a lot of people in this game the last three years and most of them think fails to deal with exploits and the aftermath are the worst kind things that can happen in an MMO. I know it's super silly, but it somehow makes certain type of players (me being one) who loath exploiting and exploiters feel unappreciated and sends a strong vibe of CBA.

Edited by Ruskaeth

Have they ever really banned anyone for using the various "exploits" that have surfaced over the years? If the answer is no then you can assume, quite comfortably, that no action bar a patch to fix it will be applied.

If no-one has ever been banned and this time around nothing happens, then you can also probably expect to jump on any exploit that becomes publicly known safe in the knowledge that you will never be touched for doing so.

I will be very interested to see what they do, if indeed they actually do anything at all.

I have no personal stake in the matter as I don't raid, but it has piqued my interest.

As they have data on what people have attained from the exploits they should put the effort into removing these cheaters ill gotten gains.

1000's of toons running round with no mods and armourings will be a much better punishment than bans. Maybe the addition of an new title "The Exploiter" which they cannot remove for a month.

The shooting down of Guild Ships of Guilds that heavily exploited.

All of those things would have a greater effect on future exploiting than simple week long bans.

Feels kinda weird you guys giving so much attention to exploiters. Could we expect a fix for the most important problems in this game, like ability delay, problems with login, stuttering screens and low fps?

Why is it weird, they have already said they are aware of the lag and are working on a fix! This exploit needs to be addressed and so do all the people who have abused it.

If nothing is done, then it will only encourage more to use an exploit when another surfaces.

There will be a big trash bin on the fleet Tuesday that will read something like this: "Please deposit any items obtained by the Ravagers exploit here. This includes anyone who purchased any crafted gear that was a product of this exploit. Thank you for your cooperation" - BioWare management.

Why is it weird, they have already said they are aware of the lag and are working on a fix! This exploit needs to be addressed and so do all the people who have abused it.

If nothing is done, then it will only encourage more to use an exploit when another surfaces.

When I started this post it's clear to me they already know the exploit(s) but still investigate the other problems. Exploits could be bad but it doesn't keep anyone from enjoying this game. Even if it's a difficult matter to resolve, feels strange that today it's getting worse and worse. It's not fun when someone stops at the middle of the fight and die because for some reason the game need a second to process something.

It's not my computer or my isp, and it's not only me. I play this game since week 1 and I saw a lot o things. Even Illum on PVP.