Feels kinda weird

lafr

Feels kinda weird you guys giving so much attention to exploiters. Could we expect a fix for the most important problems in this game, like ability delay, problems with login, stuttering screens and low fps?

I've got my popcorn ready for next Tuesday... I can't *********** wait to see what's going to go down... I got a feeling it's going to be a lot like what they did to Season 1 ranked win traders... A lot like that... So much like that it's going to be exactly like that...

*popcorn*

I've got my popcorn ready for next Tuesday... I can't *********** wait to see what's going to go down... I got a feeling it's going to be a lot like what they did to Season 1 ranked win traders... A lot like that... So much like that it's going to be exactly like that...

*popcorn*

What they did aside nothing?

Exploiting, whatever....cheating, whatever. I haven't done it, and the one thing that pisses me off most about everyone that HAS been doing it is that I have lost a lot of respect for a LOT of people.

Oh, you have full 198s/192s? Don't care....prove to me you didn't cheat for it.

Oh, you have that cool new speeder from there? Don't care.....prove to me you didn't cheat for it.

Have no issues with end game mats for all your cool new ****? Don't care......prove to me you didn't cheat to get it.

Basically, anyone that links last boss achievement from there, without linking all the other boss chievs from there can go suck it.....you didn't earn ****

*popcorn*

They will patch it and the honest people will be screwed once more.

No punishment can happen as they can not afford the number of customers that used this to leave. Plus they have to take responsibility as they were told be mainstream release the bug existed.

The only people at fault here are Bioware for allowing the bug to stay in game for as long as it has. Expecting people to not take the easy path to gearing when presented to them is a sign of stupidity.

So next Tuesday will be uneventful except the people that exploited the bug will have an advantage over the honest players and that's about it.

If Bioware really wanted to make amens, they could reward those that did not take advantage of this bug.

Exploiting, whatever....cheating, whatever. I haven't done it, and the one thing that pisses me off most about everyone that HAS been doing it is that I have lost a lot of respect for a LOT of people.

Oh, you have that cool new speeder from there? Don't care.....prove to me you didn't cheat for it.

Have no issues with end game mats for all your cool new ****? Don't care......prove to me you didn't cheat to get it.

Basically, anyone that links last boss achievement from there, without linking all the other boss chievs from there can go suck it.....you didn't earn ****

Personally, I don't care where they got them, and they have nothing to prove or disprove as far as I'm concerned.

This whole "badge of accomplishment" thing with gear is laughable as far as I'm concerned. It's a game, it's meant to be played for fun, that's all.

This whole "badge of accomplishment" thing with gear is laughable as far as I'm concerned. It's a game, it's meant to be played for fun, that's all.

Except, these people aren't playing anything to get it. That's kind of my point. Walking in and grabbing loot you didn't earn is far from playing.

Huh.. what are people able to accomplish by these "exploits"? Someone above me mentioned 192/198 gear being somehow obtainable with cheats is this true? Not asking for a guide or anything so dont bother linking me that Eric post thx.

bis 198 mods/enhancements and ways to make a lot of credits.

The majority of players did not partake in this,they could ban people but i doubt they will.

Something severe should happen though,i saw people spamming wanting to go and do it and i never once thought of using this exploit and i am sure there is many like me.

And by the way i have dropped over 200$ on the game in the last month and a half,i and people like me have covered those exploiters many times over in revenue.

One would think that if it mattered that much, they'd have shut down the Ravagers raid until they could fix it.

Instead, it's ignored for a month and then we get that post today.

All they had to do was stop the loot from dropping on 1 boss, it's gone way too far.

Also, now that they've given a 'fix' date, I'd guess even more people will do it.

Edited by KTap

Personally, I don't care where they got them, and they have nothing to prove or disprove as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, it's a game and it's played for fun. An obvious fact that has no relevance in this matter.

This game has rules and some broke them. Simple as that.

Why do you care about what anyone has to begin with? This seems like you actually invest real life emotions into other people's pixels.

Wow this has made three pages without being deleted.

Anyways, they can do whatever they want. The damage, however, has already been done. Anything and everything that has happened or follows from this is all their own fault.

I cannot recall a single other game that has allowed such a bug to continue for any length of time. Many I've played have brought the servers down in hours and issued hotfixes, squashing these kind of problems long before they spread out of control.

Edited by DawnAskham

Wow this has made three pages without being deleted.

Anyways, they can do whatever they want. The damage, however, has already been done. Anything and everything that has happened or follows from this is all their own fault.

I cannot recall a single other game that has allowed such a bug to continue for any length of time. Many I've played have brought the servers down in hours and issued hotfixes, squashing these kind of problems long before they spread out of control.

I remember from another game a couple years back there was an exploit that allowed a player to earn huge amounts of a certain in game currency that could be exchanged (in game legally) for that games equivalent of a Cartel Coin... it went on for quite some time, and at the same time allowed players to literally skip 10+ levels at a shot. (Infinitely repeatable by the by). They did go after the heavy offenders... not everyone, and yes banned some people (heavy offenders).

I did it once. Not because I knew it was an exploit... but a friend told me I had to do this one series of missions (game had player created content that awarded XP and currencies). As soon as I saw what was happening... I was 1) very angry at the friend... and 2) felt extremely guilty. I hadnt earned the reward... it was litterally 3 button clicks. Point being... I knew it was wrong... I hadn't earned what I had received.

When the hammer fell, I fully expected (and would have understood) if I had been suspended... I wasn't ... the threshold was set pretty high for any type of ban hammer (same arguments then as now... so many people did it, they cant ban everyone) (although I do know it was used... my friend was banned (and imo rightfully so and this is my friend I'm talking about). If people got full sets of BiS equipment for nothing.. then yeah... there needs to be a smack down. Those who sold access to it... an even bigger one, and IMO a public one.

I'd post their character names in the patch notes, and ban the IP address.

Was there a hole in the code... yep.. but that doesnt excuse exploiting it.

I have a car outside in my driveway... now the car will go much faster than the speed limit on any road in the US. Does it make it the manufactures fault if I go tear assing down the highway and get popped for speeding, because they did not place a governor on the engine? No... it would be my fault.

Wrong is wrong.

Edited by Drockter

Why do you care about what anyone has to begin with? This seems like you actually invest real life emotions into other people's pixels.

I don't care what they have. What I DO care about is them trying to brag about the **** they cheated to attain. Show me you got it legitimately and I'll give you a grats, and be somewhat impressed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.