Force Storm is the Old Smash with God Mode On

Azurestone

Last time I made a Starparse analysis of how force storm on lightening spec can do a 2.7k single target DPS with no sweat, but it didn't get enough attention, so here I go again, and this time:

A picture is more than a thousand words

Disclaimer and credits:

The screenshot is originally produced in a ranked match where my friend Umbranem (Mebril/Plaguis) on the Ebon Hawk got aforementioned massive total dmg/DPS. All credits to Mebril

Edited by Azurestone

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I made a Starparse analysis of how force storm on lightening spec can do a 2.7k single target DPS with no sweat, but it didn't get enough attention, so here I go again, and this time:

Disclaimer and credits:

The screenshot is originally produced in a ranked match where my friend Umbranem (Mebril/Plaguis) on the Ebon Hawk got aforementioned massive total dmg/DPS. All credits to Mebril

intentional cheese games where four healers stack to heal is total evidence. yolk cmon m8.

intentional cheese games where four healers stack to heal is total evidence. yolk cmon m8.

m8 I main a sorc on lightening spec but I still think the FS dmg is a bit too much. It's not nowhere nearly as powerful in group ranked if your team position well, but I can't deny that is some ka-ray-zeeey dmg in that SS.

Edited by Azurestone

This thread is worthless and the picture is evidence of nothing other than AoEs do a lot of damage when people stand in them and make no offensive effort of any type... I wouldn't be surprised if you guys were intentionally taking damage to inflate your healing numbers...

0/10 troll harder...

This thread is worthless and the picture is evidence of nothing other than AoEs do a lot of damage when people stand in them and make no offensive effort of any type... I wouldn't be surprised if you guys were intentionally taking damage to inflate your healing numbers...

0/10 troll harder...

Agreed. 5.3k HPS means no stuns or interrupts at all, especially when being grouped with 4 other healers.

Not a single point of damage? Throwing dots could have destroyed them, and the occasional AOE, but obviously no effort was made. Number padding is obvious, and invalidates your argument no matter how much base it might have.

Um force storm, walk out of it, knock back the person casting, geee that was hard.

This picture doesn't even prove anything. Just the damage after the fight. Anything could have been cast.

But even if it was only force storm being cast, if your 4 man team dies to a force storm you just should not be PvPing.

Edited by Gorto

0/10 troll harder...

Yes the game was a cheese, but I'm fairly certain no other spec in the game could get 6k DPS in similar circumstances.

It should not be allowed to do such damage with spammable AoE. After suffering a lot I logged on my sorc which I abandoned long time ago. Every single warzone and arena I played in 2 days I did most damage, and the % of wins is about 90. So the solution is just walking out of AoE? Ok, then I wanna my XS flyby back with 7-8k damage ticks.

Disclaimer and credits:

hahah 4 healers : D

Yes, the earthquake and the force storm are aoe.

I wanna see a vid about this match how 8 of you are standing in a little circe for 10 minutes : D

By the way, if it's the makeb arena, then one of the healers would fly down from the bridge and no fansy numbers like that : )

I agree this ability is way over the top. Its god mode in regs.

Looking at your avatar, it rings the bell of my scoundrel's companion, Guss Tuno! An I hear his voice:

"I have sage and sorce character, I'm a jedi! And I agree that they should be nerfed! Happy?"

"You say I don't have a single Sage or Sorce and I just selflobby here? Don't want me to use my lightsaber!"

i think also that any of the new aoe buffed skills could do the same results with the same healers stacking set up

No they don't, sweeping gunfire certainly doesn't, nor does hail of bolts, sweeping slash and lacerate definitely don't.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Suppressive Fire for Snipers is similar. It's that early +15% crit + 30% crit bonus talent plus the 25% bonus in the early utilities. With Lightning Sorcerers who also get their main proc from Force Storm, it gets even sillier.

The fix has to be to the Lightning talent, Sorc healers could use the bit of boost they get from the utility. All you guys need to do is get the raiders to start using it in their single target rotations and it will get nerfed no problem. ;)

No they don't, sweeping gunfire certainly doesn't, nor does hail of bolts, sweeping slash and lacerate definitely don't.

Lethality dot spread combined with single target rotations, filler Sweeping Gunfire and acid mines could pull of that number.

Lethality dot spread combined with single target rotations, filler Sweeping Gunfire and acid mines could pull of that number.

Force storm crit ticks for a legit 3.2k at least on a fully geared player, and it has 102% crit chance during recklessness for a 12 sec spam with my gear. In that ravager room full of mobs force storm spam can spike an 18.5k+ dps.

Disclaimer and credits:

Oh brother. This is so bogus it isn't even funny. This is an attempt to make it look like FS is so over powered that BW will nerf the Sorc/Sages. What this is, is like a Dan Ratheresq attempt to discredit Bush before the election with falsified documents, in this case, screenshots of preplanned setup of 8 players. FAIL!

As someone who mains a sorc I would love to see our aoe damage nerfed and our single target burst buffed in return.

I'm fine with losing our damage whoring capacity for increased kill potential; it would have the added benefit of making most of the qqers happy because sorc's overall damage numbers would go down and most sorcs would rarely ever top dps charts.