The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What are the differences if you do The Enemy WIthin as an Op vs. Solo?

Hestis

As I've been running through my alts I've been doing The Enemy Within in it's solo mode. I was just curious, aside from the obvious, what differences are there in doing it as an operation? Is there some benefit to doing it that way? Am I missing anything significant by not?

As I've been running through my alts I've been doing The Enemy Within in it's solo mode. I was just curious, aside from the obvious, what differences are there in doing it as an operation? Is there some benefit to doing it that way? Am I missing anything significant by not?

You can't complete the Enemy Within on operations mode. It's been bugged since the release of 3.0.

The bug may have been fixed, or at least it is not consistent. I selected the operation option and finished ToS with my PT tank twice. Last week the game didn't register the operation completion. This week it did.

I have finished both the solo and operation options for The Enemy Within. To the best of my recollection, the cut scenes are, essentially, the exact same. There's a slight variation in Marr's response to you when you return from the operation option, I think. You still see the scene of the combined troops assaulting the Temple, no matter which option you choose. You also still have to go defeat Revan solo on the Forgotten Terrance to actually wrap-up the mission.

So, in the end, the only significant difference with choosing the operation option is that you don't have to complete a round of Dailies and kill the named Revanite Commanders.

Edited by Levram

What exactly happens when you defeat Revan in the ops while having the story quest? You see him escaping to the ground level or what?

It's kind of a let-down, honestly. At 10% HP Revan just runs away and leaves your team to complete a 1.6 million HP burn on the Temple of Sacrifice's Sacrificial Sphere.

Edited by Levram

The bug may have been fixed, or at least it is not consistent. I selected the operation option and finished ToS with my PT tank twice. Last week the game didn't register the operation completion. This week it did.

I have finished both the solo and operation options for The Enemy Within. To the best of my recollection, the cut scenes are, essentially, the exact same. There's a slight variation in Marr's response to you when you return from the operation option, I think. You still see the scene of the combined troops assaulting the Temple, no matter which option you choose. You also still have to go defeat Revan solo on the Forgotten Terrance to actually wrap-up the mission.

So, in the end, the only significant difference with choosing the operation option is that you don't have to complete a round of Dailies and kill the named Revanite Commanders.

Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking tor. And thanks everyone else for your replies as well.