The Marauder Fix

Lampwrecker

I have a 60 mara and 60 jugg I don't think vengeance does more damage then any mara spec. I think all mara specs do more damage the only reason you can get close numbers on vengence in pvp is when you spread your dots alot and you don't die as much.

You learn quickly from raiding that a dead dps is not a good dps.

You learn quickly from raiding that a dead dps is not a good dps.

Since when does pvp have any thing to do with raiding. I only really die more if there's no heals and in games where theres really heavy dps on the other teams and no heals i feel like i die more on my jugg cause there defencive cds are much longer cd. Force cammo is pretty nice for getting ranged dps off your back.

Its to bad the great players are gone and all that's left are morons like this fool. The reality is bioware has a formula they believe is more accurate than any anecdotal evidence of game experience you provide here. They will not be making changes any time soon. So sit back relax and continue gimping yourselves.

Yes your spec is great in 8v8 for objectives when you have multiple healers and its not ranked. I will repeat the last part since you seem to keep spouting crap about your spec in wzs. Its not RANKED! Currently there is no reason to bring a mara in group ranked since we are not top tier dps and offer meh utility and pretty sub par DCD. If you want other good maras/sent to think you know what you are talking about you gotta start playing pvp at the highest level their is...... We have tried Fury and let me tell you in ranked its still not great/much worse than other classes(even with your leet pred spam!!!!!)

I have a 60 mara and 60 jugg I don't think vengeance does more damage then any mara spec. I think all mara specs do more damage the only reason you can get close numbers on vengence in pvp is when you spread your dots alot and you don't die as much.

If you let us both dps on a dummy sure, but in pvp and particularly ranked where players usually know how to use their cc/roots vengeance crushes mara dps because we are not able to stay on target anywhere near what they can. We cannot prevent a range from kiting us easily nor do we have the DCDs to stay in the middle of battle and take a bunch of hits without going splat...... Yes both classes can put out good dmg, but only one of them can currently stay alive/next to their target long enough to do it consistently(which is the most important part of melee dps.......)

Undying rage just needs to be completely redesigned. Its current concept just isn't good.

Predation needs to be a CD instead of needing a secondary resource. Why do we have to sacrifice damage to get utility? No other class has to do that.

Cloak of pain needs some kind of healing tied to it.

Undying rage just needs to be completely redesigned. Its current concept just isn't good.

Predation needs to be a CD instead of needing a secondary resource. Why do we have to sacrifice damage to get utility? No other class has to do that.

Cloak of pain needs some kind of healing tied to it.

This. Alternatively, Marauders need some kind of HO ability which stops them from being rooted by Sorcs every two secs.

This. Alternatively, Marauders need some kind of HO ability which stops them from being rooted by Sorcs every two secs.

The utility for predation already does that. The problem is that you have to sacrifice damage from berserk to use it. Putting predation on something like a 30-40s CD similar to HO and it would be a big improvement for the class.

The utility for predation already does that. The problem is that you have to sacrifice damage from berserk to use it. Putting predation on something like a 30-40s CD similar to HO and it would be a big improvement for the class.

Does it prevent re-rooting, or only purge existing roots?

As for your previous post, I pondered the idea of GbtF/UR giving unstoppable plus a decent damage reducer. Like 50%, or something. Not enough to make you invincible, but enough to give you good chance of using the unstoppable.

The only issue I see with healing in Cloak of Pain is aren't you then double-dipping in "damage mitigation"?

It purges only existing roots and snares on activation. That talent is actually pretty ridiculous with 2 or more marauders. Slows and roots are rendered utterly useless and the entire team zips about at +85%. Trying to kill a lol rolling operative healer moving at 85% is an utterly frustrating experience.

If you let us both dps on a dummy sure, but in pvp and particularly ranked where players usually know how to use their cc/roots vengeance crushes mara dps because we are not able to stay on target anywhere near what they can. We cannot prevent a range from kiting us easily nor do we have the DCDs to stay in the middle of battle and take a bunch of hits without going splat...... Yes both classes can put out good dmg, but only one of them can currently stay alive/next to their target long enough to do it consistently(which is the most important part of melee dps.......)

I've play both mara and jugg in pvp regularly and i'm telling you mara does more damage period even with getting stunned more dying more ect mara does way more damage.

Does it prevent re-rooting, or only purge existing roots?

As for your previous post, I pondered the idea of GbtF/UR giving unstoppable plus a decent damage reducer. Like 50%, or something. Not enough to make you invincible, but enough to give you good chance of using the unstoppable.

The only issue I see with healing in Cloak of Pain is aren't you then double-dipping in "damage mitigation"?

Pretty sure it only purges existing but I'm not 100% on it. I kind of benched my marauder as I despise what they did to annihilation spec.

Eh, with gore I feel like that would be a little broken. I'm not sure what to do with UR though. Personally I think the best solution would be to go back to its old design where it takes hp on activation but too soothe the crybabies add a 50% heal debuff when active. Sadly people would still cry about it which is why I said the ability just needs to be completely redesigned.

Eh, its no different than the defense bonus to kolto for pyro PT's which I think should be a utility an not a spec talent.

This is why blood ward needs to be fixed if you take it right now it gives you about 1k hp every 3 seconds if it was 50% absorbed damage taken with the mitigation of saber ward we would hit saber ward and take a **** load of damage still come out pretty much at the same hp. Not only that it would be like second wind for wow warriors we need something like this the other suggestions I make are for mobility and I don't see why making predation faster in combat would be bad it would mostly be to run away right now we cant run out of a fight for ****.

Heal debuff why? Because no more health cost, this makes it more solo friendly and if you do have healers on you you don't go from 100%-50%, when you hit 100% it is 100% and it takes away from over healing(ie any hots on you healing you while you are at 100%)

Only a root break on force camo? Yeah it's baseline now, that frees up a talent point which you can more willingly put into pred root break and what ever else you chose. Complaining about using fury for pred not berserk bc it's a dps loss is stupid bc you're going to lose dps because you're rooted/slowed.

Too many aoes? Take defensive roll, But you might say"then I have to give up xxxx, that's not fair!" It's called give and take, if aoe's are that big a problem then get the thing that counters aoe. Not mobile enough? You have 1 channel skill every 30s, and having baseline rootbreak on FC gives you more mobility(or baseline pred root break, your choice) either way massive improvements

How will "take defensive roll" help me from breaking stealth? By the way the talent that is supposed to make us break stun with predation does not even work it does not break stun because we can not cast predation well stunned jokes jokes more jokes.

How will "take defensive roll" help me from breaking stealth? By the way the talent that is supposed to make us break stun with predation does not even work it does not break stun because we can not cast predation well stunned jokes jokes more jokes.

What the actual **** are you talking, you said there was too much are damage, if so take defensive roll for 30% less aoe damage. The rest I have no clue with

Undying rage needs the health penalty removed to start.

Originally the devs stated that it was in there because they wanted a penalty for a class being "immune" to damage and there were also comments that allowing such a powerful cooldown to be used while stunned would be op. Then it was nerfed to take health at the end of the ability because they did not want a class being "immune" and healing or being healed.

Fast forward to force barrier and its heal, jug enraged defense, sin immunity, etc and UR remains stuck in 1.10 along with all the other mara DCDs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.