The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Easter Egg: The secret of Laiurea Crafyt

TriVenom

This was correct when the game was in development and early after launch. The then-current devs said they wouldn't be running any Halloween or Christmas type events like WOW does because the lore doesn't support such things (Which is a lie, Life day, for example exists).

Then all those devs 'left' and Disney took over. Disney doesn't care what's used, as they've left/licensed everything involving TOR to EA/Bioware. I fully expect to see more and more easter eggs. I mean, just look at a lot of the achievement titles. They're mostly references, with a word changed to fit the achievement.

Sad story, very true.

Im going to buy SadStory for Nintendo DS and use it on my feels trip

I find this disturbing. I remember some old dev claims that there will never be any non Star Wars Easter egg, because they weren't planning to, and regardless, Lucas Arts would not allow them to.

Well that's been bunk since beta - hence the Night at the Roxbury themed dancers in Nem'Ro's palace on Hutta for starters;

What is Love?!? lol

Geeze relax pal. As a matter of fact I've been to that area many times, but only have a couple toons with TH and have never noticed the name. So yes, this is the first time realizing this. Anyone else like me who doesn't generally sink much time into acknowledging npc names that are otherwise seemingly random and meaningless would also be seeing this easter egg for the first time as well.

Right? Ive never even seen that vendor before.

This hardly counts as an Easter Egg - it's not like you had to do something special or different to see her name.

:) true, there's no need for a special keystroke or menu activation order or that, but, it still counts as an egg. It's put in as ' joke', it's an obvious reference, and it's entertaining. And about it not being hidden, well :p sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best way to hide things.

Edited by LeJarC

Well that's been bunk since beta - hence the Night at the Roxbury themed dancers in Nem'Ro's palace on Hutta for starters;

What is Love?!? lol

That clip is funny. Especially the last seconds. I don't remember anything about NatR anymore though.

I also never saw that Laiurea Crafyt character. And even if I would have, I would have probably never noticed any resemblance to Lara Croft. Does she really look alike?

And AlrikFassbauer, what's that thing about Tatooine you were talking about? I only know the "mysterious tomb".

And AlrikFassbauer, what's that thing about Tatooine you were talking about? I only know the "mysterious tomb".

Inside of the Anchorhead Spaceport, there is an Astrolabium.

It looks very similar to the Astrolabium - at löeast in rough shape - used by Aughra.

I must admit that I got a bit grumpy because no-one seems to see it. ;)

Besides, only today I realized - English isn't my first language - that the name of the SWTOR's Life Day vehicle "Sleigh 1" is sounding almost similar to Boba Fett's vehicle "Slave 1" ...

I have this Sleigh 1 for a year now and I never noticed it before ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

That clip is funny. Especially the last seconds. I don't remember anything about NatR anymore though.

I also never saw that Laiurea Crafyt character. And even if I would have, I would have probably never noticed any resemblance to Lara Croft. Does she really look alike?

You mean "tome", not "tomb".

This was correct when the game was in development and early after launch. The then-current devs said they wouldn't be running any Halloween or Christmas type events like WOW does because the lore doesn't support such things (Which is a lie, Life day, for example exists).

Then all those devs 'left' and Disney took over. Disney doesn't care what's used, as they've left/licensed everything involving TOR to EA/Bioware. I fully expect to see more and more easter eggs. I mean, just look at a lot of the achievement titles. They're mostly references, with a word changed to fit the achievement.

if disney had any control over this game, the CM would have mickey mouse hats and droids that sing "let it go". Besides, swtor will be scrapped when the new movie comes out