Blue Flag on PvP Servers

leonlotus

Too many people are walking blkue flagged. At least on Jung Ma, wich was a PvP server (RP too) until now.

I really dont get the reason why a PvP server allow players to avoid PvP, but it would not be so unfair, if some players were not using it just to give the 1 blow, or gank, and then immediately enter Blue Flagged again to avoid retribution.

This is happening even on Yavin 4.

Oricon is almost a dead zon.. few players, and 50% of them, are in blue.

Where are the good old battles on every planet, calling entire guilds to engage near or even in the REP or IMP bases?

They can still be attacked unless the area is a sanctuary.

Yavin 4 landing zone is a sanctuary, the speeder points and med centers near the DF/DP entrances are sanctuarys, the area right outside the elevator in CZ-198 to the instanced mission is a sanctuary. I'm on Jung Ma and never had an issue with attacking a blue name unless the area was a sanctuary. It's a graphical bug with nameplates but not a mechanical one, heck it even happens to the mobs patrolling around Avesta plantation on Makeb, the ones that walk down the road to Aboro Mesa.

As further proof that's it's merely graphical, I've seen people spawn into warzones with blue names on Jung Ma, and trust me they die quite readily. Perhaps more so than others because their nameplate instantly makes them noticable.

No one cares about open world pvp in a game that is full of companions, legacy abilities, heroic moments and stealth ganks. Oh yeah, i forgot to add the fact that you don't get anything out of it, nor can you talk with the other faction anyway. /say doesn't work out when they clone in .02 seconds after dying.

Open world in this game is trash. Always was, always will be.

No one cares about open world pvp in a game that is full of companions, legacy abilities, heroic moments and stealth ganks. Oh yeah, i forgot to add the fact that you don't get anything out of it, nor can you talk with the other faction anyway. /say doesn't work out when they clone in .02 seconds after dying.

Open world in this game is trash. Always was, always will be.

I care. And I know people who care.

On the very truth, i think it is the only way to do real PvP. Arenas are tiresome for me. We are locked with dozen guys hiting one another on very restrictive known scenarios, where one can always count on group balance to sustain him indefinitely. I do a lot of Ranked, but it is fast and artificial too.

In fact i would love if they simply remove Companion and Heroic Moments from PvP areas. I would certainly, kill even more. But not just that; it would increase difficulty for us all.

SAY? Well, I think this is the last thing i would give attention now.

Edited by leonlotus

They can still be attacked unless the area is a sanctuary.

Yavin 4 landing zone is a sanctuary, the speeder points and med centers near the DF/DP entrances are sanctuarys, the area right outside the elevator in CZ-198 to the instanced mission is a sanctuary. I'm on Jung Ma and never had an issue with attacking a blue name unless the area was a sanctuary. It's a graphical bug with nameplates but not a mechanical one, heck it even happens to the mobs patrolling around Avesta plantation on Makeb, the ones that walk down the road to Aboro Mesa.

As further proof that's it's merely graphical, I've seen people spawn into warzones with blue names on Jung Ma, and trust me they die quite readily. Perhaps more so than others because their nameplate instantly makes them noticable.

Man, i find a lot of player, daily, in MID of Oriccon, blue flagged and i cant hit them, unless they hit me first.

I dont know if its a graphic issue. If it is, them its something Bioware need to correct fast.

Man, i find a lot of player, daily, in MID of Oriccon, blue flagged and i cant hit them, unless they hit me first.

I dont know if its a graphic issue. If it is, them its something Bioware need to correct fast.

Is it a stealth move from BW to test the potentiality of megaservers? Will PVErs moan, will the PVPrs even notice?

Something has got to be better than the cross server we know we are not getting afterall!

If the pvp flag wore off it will never flip on Oricon republic side. It's been in this game for a very long time now and Bioware knows all about it since at least 3 months ago. The reason the flag doesn't get flipped is because you never transition over to contested territory. You can do the very same on other planets depending on which outpost you go to and if you exit this outpost in ways Bioware didn't anticipate.

There are people that care about open world pvp, specially in a server that has PVP in the description.

Its the whole point of MMORPG, someone that thinks that is more fun play the game with the single purpose of killing mobs should make a more suitable choice and play diablo, or if the whole fun involves in getting titles , they should play archeage, a game that is filled with that kind of stuff.

This expansion has a really cool story line, but it brought with it an unbalanced pvp system, like overpowered mages ( I know cause I have one ), overpowered shien style (its really hard to see someone with other styles), Marauders/Sentinels with the resistance of an paper tissue.

There are a lot of stuff to be improved, but the pvp problem in a pvp server looks like to be the worst one

Oricon is bugged. Pub players can't be attack even if they attack imps.

There are people that care about open world pvp, specially in a server that has PVP in the description.

Its the whole point of MMORPG, someone that thinks that is more fun play the game with the single purpose of killing mobs should make a more suitable choice and play diablo, or if the whole fun involves in getting titles , they should play archeage, a game that is filled with that kind of stuff.

This expansion has a really cool story line, but it brought with it an unbalanced pvp system, like overpowered mages ( I know cause I have one ), overpowered shien style (its really hard to see someone with other styles), Marauders/Sentinels with the resistance of an paper tissue.

There are a lot of stuff to be improved, but the pvp problem in a pvp server looks like to be the worst one

Exactly my point.

Someone that dont like open world, have always the option of making his char on on PvE server, where he can do a WZ when bored of kiliing so many mobs.

And they surely gave a boost to some classes, that are now being prefered by players whose only care for a system that they can exploit. Jung Ma is super populated by Sorcs, Juggs Shiens, and PTs.

Edited by leonlotus

• 5 months later...

So, nothing new on this? I still encountering people who have blue flag (pvp off) on contestant territory.

I've seen this on Oricon mostly (only pub side can turn pvp flag off on CT, imp side is fine)

and on Yavin 4 temple ruins. (Ive seen an imp player wandering off with blue flag collecting lockboxes without risk of being engaged).

Im on Jung Ma, and its a PVP server.

Please fix this, in fact there are a lot of people who love open pvp/world pvp.

So, nothing new on this? I still encountering people who have blue flag (pvp off) on contestant territory.

I've seen this on Oricon mostly (only pub side can turn pvp flag off on CT, imp side is fine)

and on Yavin 4 temple ruins. (Ive seen an imp player wandering off with blue flag collecting lockboxes without risk of being engaged).

Im on Jung Ma, and its a PVP server.

Please fix this, in fact there are a lot of people who love open pvp/world pvp.

From what I've read you do this by queuing for the GSF tutorial, then leaving it once you're in it. When you come out, for some reason you are not flagged as PvP. I've never done it so Idk but that's the only thing I've seen so far.

Exactly my point.

Someone that dont like open world, have always the option of making his char on on PvE server, where he can do a WZ when bored of kiliing so many mobs.

I wonder how many people actually rolled on PvP server because of this? Maybe it was the original intent, but now its just a gimmick. A lot of my friends transferred to PvP server for ranked, some for 8v8, others for yolo etc. pops. I think open world pvp it needs either be dropped (Ziost zone seems an indication the game is going towards that) or expanded to add incentives, in my experience on TOFN most opposing faction players ignore each other anyway, especially when leveling.

This happens on PVE servers with players in open PVP zones.

Blues in outlaws den are free to farm chests at will, and run Gree missions on Ilum PVP zone without fear.

I've reported it, REPEATEDLY, but Bioware just doesn't *********** care. It's been a problem for months. It doesn't happen for everyone, but some players are either accidentally glitched, or know exactly how to repeatedly glitch their flag.

Yes open world PVP is fun. It's a good reason to gear up your companion and just fight people. Its a respawn-fest brawl, and it doesn't have to have a point other than killing imperials with my vanguard or guardian.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

• 2 months later...

Apologies on the necro. I wanted to verify if this is just a random bug or known exploit. I followed this same toon over several days and they are always a blue name in the warzone as well as members in the same guild. From what I have read in this post bioware can't reproduce the exploit so they have no idea how to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/eHaV1X1.jpg

Edited by Nbkan