3.0 Mercenary/DPS guide by Fascinate & Marisi

Iwipe

So I do have another question, working to improve the I.O/Assault and came across this:

"Thermal Sensor Override (TSO): Your next ability generates no heat. Should be used with Unload where possible simply because it costs the most heat. 90 second cooldown."

But then in the rotation sections, I don't see any mention of use with Full Auto/Unload... in fact its used on Assault Plastique/Thermal Detonator and in the heat ramp portion, when its available. And since using it is during this phase, you wouldn't be heat ramping if it wasn't up, so I am a bit confused.

Should I save it for if I make a mistake, to correct w/ Unload/Full Auto, or use for TD/AP to be certain max output?

Thanks!

Yeah I think it is in the wrong place in the guide though, I'll have to get that corrected as it's misleading.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/Hideakia/dps36_zpsocsaxk3r.jpg

screen shot of parse. my relics are a big issue i've been told now, since i'm still using a 186 power clicky. This is the first of the day parse for today, and is getting a little better. I had 4.2 on the opening, but dropped down to 3.6 over the cycles, my apm seems low, so I need to find better ways to squeeze in more actions i guess. any advice is greatly appreciated

What is your ability action queue window set to in Preferences > Controls ?

Commando has been my main for 2 years now and I always amaze myself in how hard I fight trying a new rotation. In the end I must always remember to slow down and get the rotation and THEN get the APM not the other way around.

Since 3.0 came out I was stuck on Gunnery because AS was too hard for me to do without running out of energy, even though I had been looking at this thread since it's post. So I could get a 3900-4000 if I got lucky and didn't run out of energy on AS. I could do that on Gunnery almost without effort. Then I remembered to stop being lazy and work hard for results. I printed out the page from Dulfy's site that these guys made. Study it. Slow it down and don't skip anything. After 2 parses I was at 4400 and my APM was 35. After 5 more I was at 4600 and almost 36 APM. I never had an energy problem. I have only practice from here to improve APM and little tweaks.

Thanks guys for your initial efforts and all of your encouragement throughout this thread to finally get through my lazy skull. Why this isn't a sticky I do not know.

Not to mention the base channel time of 3 seconds.

Which doesn't actually matters in the grand scheme of things. You remove 24 heat from the rotation and vent 7.5*(1+alacrity) heat per 1.5s (so about 7.5s per GCD). The went part will happen no matter what you do during these GCD's. The only gain from RPC itself is removing Unload cost. If we had an instant ability costing 40 heat, using RPC on it would be the best choice.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Thanks!! So... when are you coming back? ;)

bby come back

Haha man I can't believe all the changes, doesn't even look like the same game, everything's a foreign language! As for playing again, just don't know, keep getting the itch just not the time. How would you rate 3.0 so far?

Haha man I can't believe all the changes, doesn't even look like the same game, everything's a foreign language! As for playing again, just don't know, keep getting the itch just not the time. How would you rate 3.0 so far?

Really good ops, by far the most challenging and exciting set of operations so far in the game. Both instances are fun, and the last bosses are no joke. Doesn't stop us though :cool:

Really good ops, by far the most challenging and exciting set of operations so far in the game. Both instances are fun, and the last bosses are no joke. Doesn't stop us though :cool:

That's what I like to hear! More challenging than EC?

Edited by odawgg

Hey there, first of all thanks for the guide Fascinate and Marisi!

I usually play Arsenal on my merc because it's enough dps for what I do but I'd like to still improve myself. It seems very hard for me to break 4k dps and I was wondering if I could get any tips on my rotation.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/2471/0

I have parses that go slightly higher but this is one where I follow the rotation pretty well.

It says that I am using blazing bolts every ~8.4 seconds which surprised me a bit since I felt I was lax on proccing it as quick as I could.

That's what I like to hear! More challenging than EC?

Had to chime in, & honestly some mechanics are a lot more challenging than anything else on tier. Here is our YouTube channel showing all boss fights in 8 & 16m from all POV's (tank, dps, & heals) so you can make your own analysis of this tier :p Revan & Coratanni in particular are very fun fights that keep you engaged the entire way through.

Had to chime in, & honestly some mechanics are a lot more challenging than anything else on tier. Here is our YouTube channel showing all boss fights in 8 & 16m from all POV's (tank, dps, & heals) so you can make your own analysis of this tier :p Revan & Coratanni in particular are very fun fights that keep you engaged the entire way through.

Nice Vidz :) I like the pirates, looks like fun

• 2 weeks later...
Fascinate can u please tell how much Crit where u running during ur fight vs Bulo HM 8m , That Parse with 4981. And if dont mind , ur Damage output plus Bonus Damage in Tech, just curious how much theres room for improvment.

Cheers loving the guide

Currently running 693 crit rating. Here's a screen shot of my stats for you http://gyazo.com/d2cb9c0a3faa8f2420e8a974bfbd08fe

I will have to ask for some more information on this. Alacrity Adrenal?

Thx

What more?

Surge and Crit is useless as an Adrenal.

And Alacrity Adrenal is 7.18821% dps boost (assuming 0 alacrity from gear). I don't know the exact value of the Power Adrenal so I said Alacrity could compete with it.