My impressions

Completeness

I suck at PvP, so I don't like or do it.

Questing is very boring. And it is even more boring in SWTOR. I spend most of the time walking from the quest giver to the quest area and back and again and again. They are easy and repetitive. And why play a MMO game to do solo quests?

What I really like are instances. On WoW I just long in, queue, get assigned to a group and do the instance. And I can do just that from level 15 all the way to endgame. I find that very fun because I get to do what I like very fast. I am not forced to do PvP or questing, which I don't like.

My suggestion for the developers is this: let each player do what they like and don't force them to do what they don't like. Let each one progress while having fun. If you like PvP/quests/instances, you should be able to do that from very early in the game all the way to the end.

So, since there is no LFD/LFR tool in the game, I won't subscribe to it. I hope it gets added to the game soon. I don't wanna think I wasted all that money on my CE.

Questing is very boring. And it is even more boring in SWTOR. I spend most of the time walking from the quest giver to the quest area and back and again and again. They are easy and repetitive. And why play a MMO game to do solo quests?

What I really like are instances. On WoW I just long in, queue, get assigned to a group and do the instance. And I can do just that from level 15 all the way to endgame. I find that very fun because I get to do what I like very fast. I am not forced to do PvP or questing, which I don't like.

My suggestion for the developers is this: let each player do what they like and don't force them to do what they don't like. Let each one progress while having fun. If you like PvP/quests/instances, you should be able to do that from very early in the game all the way to the end.

So, since there is no LFD/LFR tool in the game, I won't subscribe to it. I hope it gets added to the game soon. I don't wanna think I wasted all that money on my CE.

Those tools are available in game they are called community, chat, keyboard and fingers........ people always mention WoW rven WoW at one point did not have these tools available or do you not remember that far back lol only the players on said server can create a great community

Those tools are available in game they are called community, chat, keyboard and fingers........ people always mention WoW rven WoW at one point did not have these tools available or do you not remember that far back lol only the players on said server can create a great community

With the dungeon finder tool I spend no time at all looking for a group. I log in and less than a minute later I am doing the instance.

Before it I had to spam trade channel trying to find or fill a group and then travel all the way to the dungeon. And if someone left I had to do it all again. Lots of wasted time.

Go back to WoW.

Well, I never left WoW.

EDIT: The guy above me posted my other thoughts. The tools you mentioned are inventions of the past 2 years of WoW. Learn to live without, because you can be damn sure we all did.

Why learn to live without? I like them. They are fun. And I can have them in WoW. Why pay for a game that is boring when I can pay for one that is more fun?

With the dungeon finder tool I spend no time at all looking for a group. I log in and less than a minute later I am doing the instance.

Before it I had to spam trade channel trying to find or fill a group and then travel all the way to the dungeon. And if someone left I had to do it all again. Lots of wasted time.

I fully understand what your saying back before LFD/LFR etc there was a thing called real guilds (not just those you want to be in for the lvl 25 perks) but like minded gamers willing to put the effort in to do instances and raids, hence content was not burned through nor skipped and i'll refer back to my first tool of the trade "community" anyone looking to get a group from trade chat i'm sorry to say not am i aiming this at you but are fools

Why learn to live without? I like them. They are fun. And I can have them in WoW. Why pay for a game that is boring when I can pay for one that is more fun?

To elaborate my point, so I don't sound like a grizzled old vanilla WoW veteran, is that you desire tools that were not added to a game until 6 years prior to launch. Expecting them from this game is irrational. Plus it isn't BioWare's problem you don't like questing or PvP. They didn't design the game to be a Dungeon Crawler. That's completely on you.

Edited by OBLCDiomedes

To elaborate my point, so I don't sound like a grizzled old vanilla WoW veteran, is that you desire tools that were not added to a game until 6 years prior to launch. Expecting them from this game is irrational. Plus it isn't BioWare's problem you don't like questing or PvP. They didn't design the game to be a Dungeon Crawler. That's completely on you.

^^ agree well said sir

questing is very boring. And it is even more boring in swtor. i spend most of the time walking from the quest giver to the quest area and back and again and again. They are easy and repetitive. And why play a mmo game to do solo quests?

Welcome to an MMORPG. That is called a quest hub. You get quests. Go out and do them. And then come back. Truly a staple of the MMO genre. They also have a BUNCH of Heroic daily quests, which means you can group with people and do them! Every day!

Also, it's obvious you didn't make it very far since you said "walking".

Obviously, this game is just not for you. Every game should not/cannot appeal to ALL tastes. You've purchased a game that excels at the MMO elements you don't like (questing, story, and I personally think PvP). Sorry you spent the money without doing your homework first (as you would have been aware of the LFG tool controversy, etc.), but then again, you obviously don't have the patience required for such things. So why are you here whining? Why not just quietly leave and play a game more attuned to your tastes?

P.S. For the record, you are exactly the type of gamer that has irreparably ruined this genre. I for one would be thrilled about you leaving this wonderful game.

I fully understand what your saying back before LFD/LFR etc there was a thing called real guilds (not just those you want to be in for the lvl 25 perks) but like minded gamers willing to put the effort in to do instances and raids, hence content was not burned through nor skipped and i'll refer back to my first tool of the trade "community" anyone looking to get a group from trade chat i'm sorry to say not am i aiming this at you but are fools

As I said, each person should do what he/she likes and not forced to do what they don't like.

I have been part of guilds in WoW. But every guild has a schedule. You have to be online at a specific day and time to play. You can't just play whenever you want. I don't want that. I want to play whenever I want for how long I want and do whatever I want.

If you want to play the game to socialize with the community, great. You should be able to do that. But I don't. I just want to do the instances. Just that and nothing else.

Casual players like you are the reason why WoW has become what it is now. Everything is too easy and if you don't like something you can do whatever you want. There is so much convenience in WoW that people become lazy and dislike anything that requires just a small amount of effort. This reflects in our society today as well. People growing up today are unmotivated and don't know the feeling of being rewarded after good and hard work. Feels like EVERYONE is getting rewarded for minor achievements.

SWTOR is exactly what I was longing for in an MMO. If any Devs are reading this post then PLEASE do not start making everything very convenient and easy. I love the feeling of having to work hard to complete my missions and flashpoints etc. Gives me a good sense of being a part of the Star Wars Universe--where things are NOT easy.

Why did you buy the $150 edition of a game if you weren't absolutely sure it would cater to your play style?

It was shiny.

But seriously, back then I was hoping the game would feature everything WoW has today and more. Since launch, Blizzard improved WoW a lot by removing boring stuff, such as really long quests and walking around. I thought Bioware would feature all that at launch. But what I see is that they only improved the questing dialogue.

It was shiny.

But seriously, back then I was hoping the game would feature everything WoW has today and more. Since launch, Blizzard improved WoW a lot by removing boring stuff, such as really long quests and walking around. I thought Bioware would feature all that at launch. But what I see is that they only improved the questing dialogue.

It was shiny.

you have just stated what was half decent about wow before the big kids easy modes turned up, why on earth would it have all the features WoW has bejesus this is not WoW I don't give a flying hoop about WoW if you do then fine go and play you faceroll and don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

the genre was great now it's full of whiney kids and easy modes if you want your WoW sand pit full of toys then go play it but remember underneagh all sandpits there full of cat turds

Casual players like you are the reason why WoW has become what it is now.

Yes, I am a casual player. Is it bad? And I bet most of the 10M that play WoW are casual players as well.

if you don't like something you can do whatever you want

Yes, I want to do whatever I want. I play games for fun. Why pay for a game that forces me to do what I don't like. I wanna do what I like.

There is so much convenience in WoW that people become lazy and dislike anything that requires just a small amount of effort. This reflects in our society today as well. People growing up today are unmotivated and don't know the feeling of being rewarded after good and hard work.

I WORK in real life. It's hard and I get rewarded. I play games for FUN. To get away from WORK.

I love the feeling of having to work hard to complete my missions and flashpoints etc.

I love that too. And I get that when I use the dungeon finder. Dungeon finder only removes the pointless "trade chat spam" and "walk all the way to the instance entrance".

you have just stated what was half decent about wow before the big kids easy modes turned up, why on earth would it have all the features WoW has bejesus this is not WoW I don't give a flying hoop about WoW if you do then fine go and play you faceroll and don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

the genre was great now it's full of whiney kids and easy modes if you want your WoW sand pit full of toys then go play it but remember underneagh all sandpits there full of cat turds

You totally missed my point. I am not complaining about SWTOR being hard. It is not. The quests are easy. Walking around is easy. It's just boring.

I don't want easy content. I like challenges. What I don't like is assembling a group and walking to the instance.