Unsubbing over 3.0 unacceptable lag. I did not pay to be a beta tester.

Pathlight-

I have been here since launch with a few breaks in between.

However, 3 years on, this is one of the sorriest states I've seen this game in (except from the great player exodus of summer '12 :( ).

Warzones and arenas are unacceptably laggy at the moment. I just played one arena where 2 players died in the time my client caught up with the action. I then started a huttball where an operative took the ball and scored by appearing to teleport several times in between lags (I doubt he was cheating).

My latency is 25-29 ms and my computer is more than powerful enough to handle this game.

However, since 3.0, the game has become a chore rather than a fun way to spend the time.

I am saddened to see the level of incompetence of this BW team who just launched a major expansion without testing most of its features and its impact on live servers.

I did not pay to be a beta tester.

Edited by Pathlight-

I haven't unsubbed yet but the lag is stupid. It was fine day 1 for me but after Shadowlands went down its unplayable 60-70% of the time. I almost quit over it and got laughed at. I had no issues pre 3.0 or even before the Shadowlands crashed. My connection is fine and my computers been able to handle everything before this update. I've been playing since launch too, it needs to be fixed.

While it hasn't been impacting my personal enjoyment of the game enough that I want to unsubscribe, I can completely understand other players considering the ability delay/lag problems since 3.0 a valid reason to stop playing or at least drop to Preferred.

Be sure to stock up on the unlocks that will be useful to your play-style while you are F2P. Hopefully these issues with the game get resolved soon.

I also consider unsubscribing for a couple of months.

I hope they repair the game in the meantime.

Question: when I sub back, will all my stuff be there? Or do I lose something?

Everything will be there.

While you're F2P you may lose access to some of your characters and credits (depending on how many you have) and won't be able to use some equipment unless you buy the unlock, but as soon as you go back to a subscriber that will all unlock again - nothing you currently have will get deleted on you.

I also consider unsubscribing for a couple of months.

I hope they repair the game in the meantime.

Question: when I sub back, will all my stuff be there? Or do I lose something?

u lose nothing, everything will be the same a you left it, im also unsubbing until this issue with ability delay is sorted out

Everything will be there.

While you're F2P you may lose access to some of your characters and credits (depending on how many you have) and won't be able to use some equipment unless you buy the unlock, but as soon as you go back to a subscriber that will all unlock again - nothing you currently have will get deleted on you.

Great, thanks DarthDymond!

So there will be no temptation to log in while being prefered

muh entitlements

:rak_03:

Expecting Bioware to have a halfway decent QA process has nothing to do with entitlements; that's called industry standard. You may want to pay for mediocrity, but others don't.

2-5 seconds of ability lag (especially on so e abilities that take 2 seconds to cast is unacceptable. Being able to "teleport" across a map due to lag is unacceptable.

muh entitlements

There is no entitlement here. Imagine a paid TV channel where the picture freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. Some people would find it only a minor annoyance and still continue to pay for that channel, some would find it harmful enough for the enjoyment to stop paying. This is the same situation.

I've been dealing with it, but am pretty frustrated that the expansion was launched this way. The game ran, for the most part, very smoothly for me before the pre-order period, and has been somewhat to very laggy ever since (I'm on Shadowlands).

My sense is that BW had to launch the expansion in December, and that, in some ways, they take their remaining subscribers for granted at this point.

By and large, they are like the people in this thread most likely, been here a long time and not interested in leaving the game. At worst, they might unsub for a few months.

Group content can get very laggy and I've been avoiding it, focusing on leveling characters from 55 to 60. It's not as bad playing solo, though still distracting at times. Some classes are appear worse than others, which makes me think perhaps some of the new abilities have something to do with the problem. That could be completely wrong, though.

Edited by arunav

muh entitlements

I'm normally quite in the opposite camp of of anyone who posts on the forums that they're quitting, but in this case their complaint is legitimate, if melodramatic as usual. Lag is a direct hindrance to fun, and the recent issues cannot be attributed to the players' ISP or personal connection. If playing the game is no longer fun, then discontinuing is rational.

I for one have not run into these problems as often, and when I have, it has not lasted as long, but I recognize the frustration. This is not a QOL change to the game mechanics for lazy players, this is a fundamental core element of online play.

There is no entitlement here. Imagine a paid TV channel where the picture freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. Some people would find it only a minor annoyance and still continue to pay for that channel, some would find it harmful enough for the enjoyment to stop paying. This is the same situation.

I don't think this is a good analogy.

The BW Austin team that works on and maintains SWTOR is a small number of people, not Comcast. Expecting the same capacity to fix problems that arise in your subscription as a national cable company is, frankly, stupid.

Edited by arunav

The BW Austin team that works on and maintains SWTOR is a small number of people, not Comcast. Expecting the same capacity to fix problems that arise in your subscription as a cable company is, frankly, stupid.

It may be silly to expect ten people to accomplish what one hundred can in the same time, but expecting a timely resolution from a company for a product is not unreasonable. The burden is on the company to ensure that they spend enough resources to service the needs of the product in a timely manner. If they don't, due to budget concerns, the consumer is well within their rights to consider the product lower quality.

A less polite way of putting it: EA doesn't get a free pass on bad QA/CS/whatever just because they don't want to spend money on it.

If you didn't know that this was pretty much a beta by now, then, well I would suggest you take a small brake. There is no point in playing a game that is annoying someone a lot. I suggest waiting a bit then try it again.

I'm probably going to wait until the next expansion once I finish SoR, no lag for me, but there just isn't a point in playing really and the story is very dull and lazily put together.

The BW Austin team that works on and maintains SWTOR is a small number of people, not Comcast. Expecting the same capacity to fix problems that arise in your subscription as a national cable company is, frankly, stupid.

You are right, but that's unrelated to the point I was trying to make: when something isn't working as I expect it to work, my dissatisfaction with it doesn't equal entitlement; notably when I = paying customer.

(For the record, while I'm quite annoyed with the lag as well, I don't intend to unsub because of it. However, I understand those who do, and I disagree that they should be called entitled because of it.)

However, 3 years on, this is one of the sorriest states I've seen this game in (except from the great player exodus of summer '12 ).

What was the cause of the "Great Player Exodus of Summer 2012?"

But yeah, some of the ability lag is insane, and my computer like the OPs can handle SWTOR fine, in fact most PC's you'd find at BestBuy could probably handle it fine. That new ability that replaced series of shots (can't remember, switched to letahlity) for MM snipers/whatever its called for slingers constantly lags and does not proc followthrough, when my internet is 2.6 Megabytes/s download speed and I have never had a problem on any other online game, and my ping in SWTOR is ~45 ms.

Not unsubbing, but still, the lag on this game is really a nuisance. not to mention the ~15 FPS on Yavin 4 and Rishi, with higher FPS in 16 man ops and to break it down...

People who say they don't lag on SWTOR

95% chance they are lying due to ignorance, bad vision, or trolling.

5% chance they are playing on the computers that run the PRISM program, in the same room the HP servers from 1994 that BW runs SWTOR on.

Edited by Culbrelai