The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

just delete repub side and make this game imp only

Mrdann

the imps are unbeatable on my server and always roll over us and win in pvp, and repubs just can't compete anymore.

so since bio-ware has a well known imperial bias i see NO reason why the republic should even be a side anymore just get rid of it and maybe save some money

Edited by Mrdann

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit to preferring to play my Impside characters, but that's because... Well... Bounty Hunters.

But I do like my Pubsides a lot. They still have fun stories. And the official "good guys" according to *wince* Lucas, because Jedi are always the good guys. According to him.

If you're talking PvP, well, roll Imps on the one server, and Pubs on another?

Create a Emp character on TRE and prepare for nightmare.

in my experience republic side is much worse on red eclipse, in both skill and attitude. maybe try doing some 55-60 stuff instead of that nooby kdy

Edited by rantboi

in my experience republic side is much worse on red eclipse, in both skill and attitude. maybe try doing some 55-60 stuff instead of that nooby kdy

I tried tanking Mando raiders once. It was enough.

What Emp characters on TRE do then, you ask.

- Knockbacks everywhere

- Ranged Powertechs, a lot of them

- Level 30+ DPS Assassins who only use Overload, Force Lightning, Shock and Crushing Darkness without proc

- Merc "healers"

etc.

Edited by Halinalle

Huh. for starters, there's not a "known Imp bias," that argument is stupid. Secondly "your server" is hardly an inication of the game as a whole. Hell, on Harbinger, Pubs win about 65%-70% of matches I've played. Thirdly, PVP is not the whole game, so even if Imps were beating Pubs 100% of the time on every server, that would not be a valid argument for deleting one half of the game, all that would be an indication of is that the hardcore PVP crowd, which like the NiM Operations crowd makes up a very small percentage of the playerbase, chose to roll imp. That would not be an indication that one side is mechanically better than the other, since they're mirror classes, and it would in no way be an indication that Bioware is showing preference to one faction over the other, it would simply indicate that that is where the skilled players choose to play.

TLDR; please bottle your tears. Your QQ brings me joy.

Edited by Andrellma

- Knockbacks everywhere

- Level 30+ DPS Assassins who only use Overload, Force Lightning, Shock and Crushing Darkness without proc

- Merc "healers"

etc.

and republic side has even more of those kuat quality players at 55+

and republic side has even more of those kuat quality players at 55+

Ok, it's just bad luck then...

I still don't understand why there's more players on Emp side who don't even know the boss fights in KDY. We are talking about the three easiest boss fights in the game.

Edited by Halinalle

- Knockbacks everywhere

- Merc "healers"

etc.

Wow, what's wrong with merc healer ?

My commando and mercenary are heal spec only. I've gotten a lot of compliments for healing in FPs.

the imps are unbeatable on my server and always roll over us and win in pvp, and repubs just can't compete anymore.

so since bio-ware has a well known imperial bias i see NO reason why the republic should even be a side anymore just get rid of it and maybe save some money

Care to explain how "Bioware favors Imperials" and that there "Favoritism" has them as more powerful? I can argue bioware cares more about republic. In SOR Imperial Romance companions don't mention their relationship. Repub side romance companions mention theirs. Oh no! Bioware favors pubs! :rolleyes:

He is right about the Bastion it is not that there is no good players on repub there is many, but the Imps run premades many times more than the Republic and then open world the Republic is outnumbered three four to one,just today on my Vanguard i was jumped 23 times by Imperials in the span of almost two hours,,then when the Imperials get jumped OHH no that is just terrible,if they only knew what it is like being Republic there.

Then i was talking to my imp guild and apparently the PVP vendor was messed up and and tons of the imps got fitted with full PvP gear on the server in one day,,,Many Republic PvPers have left the server or game anyhow on the Bastion,it just isnt worth it really anymore,the Imperials fail to understand that yah ok they just jumped that Repub but guess what? you were the fifth,sixth,tenth most likely and that repub is just going to log at that point.

Imperial players on the Bastion killed PvP in OWPVP and the WZ's for the most part.

Edited by Sathid

There is. There have been lots of bugs on republic side only, even in mirror classes.

Plus, there *is* an imbalance in population : http://www.swtor-arenas.com/ilmarinen.htm

Imbalance in population isn't bioware's fault. That's a player fault. Most people want to be "Dark Side." look at the characters people talk the most about from the movies and go nuts about. Dooku, Maul, Darth Vader. There's far more images and cosplay of Vader than there are Luke Skywalker. Even aside from SWTOR people remember the Sith more than they do the Jedi.

Why do you think in the teaser to the new Star Wars movie at the end showcased a Sith turning on his lightsaber? There was no Jedi featured. The answer is because the Sith would get people talking. Not the Jedi.

Edited by Rhyltran

Imbalance in population isn't bioware's fault. That's a player fault. Most people want to be "Dark Side." look at the characters people talk the most about from the movies and go nuts about. Dooku, Maul, Darth Vader. There's far more images and cosplay of Vader than there are Luke Skywalker. Even aside from SWTOR people remember the Sith more than they do the Jedi.

Why do you think in the teaser to the new Star Wars movie at the end showcased a Sith turning on his lightsaber? There was no Jedi featured. The answer is because the Sith would get people talking. Not the Jedi.

Yah and there used to be only Hutball for same faction ,they should of never let the same faction play more than that,there should be a penalty to be with the larger faction.

The return of Han and Luke i bet got more people talking.

Yah and there used to be only Hutball for same faction ,they should of never let the same faction play more than that,there should be a penalty to be with the larger faction.

How would that solve anything except for making people whine more about playing the same map over and over? That's not going to make people re-roll on a faction they don't care about.

The return of Han and Luke didn't get more people talking. Type Episode 7 and images of the Sith with the lightsaber are everywhere. You can go to youtube where there's more.

Edited by Rhyltran

How would that solve anything except for making people whine more about playing the same map over and over? That's not going to make people re-roll on a faction they don't care about.

The return of Han and Luke didn't get more people talking. Type Episode 7 and images of the Sith with the lightsaber are everywhere. Type Episode 7 and go to google images and tell me how many images you see that AREN'T the Sith.

How would that help? how about play Republic if they wish to mix it up,games and even laws,taxes all kinda push us to things like tobacco tax etc or with the larger faction play more Hutball or roll some Republic and play them.

Maybe the Sith guy who had all but five seconds and that saber got people talking among the young set but people like myself that saw Star Wars when it came out know that Han and Luke are coming back and that has been a long time.

Edited by Sathid

How would that help? how about play Republic if they wish to mix it up,games and even laws,taxes all kinda push us to things like tobacco tax etc or with the larger faction play more Hutball or roll some Republic and play them.

No. People will just complain that they are tired of Hutt Ball. It's not going to make them go on a side they don't care about, play through story/quests they don't care about, etc. You don't understand gamers/people. Try to annoy gamers into playing something they don't want to play? They'll be more likely to just quit. I have friends irl who play Imperial Side and refuse to play Republic Side.

If the company tried to incentize republic side via making imperial side more frustrating to play they'd up and quit.

Edited by Rhyltran