Is the Commando 4 piece healing set bonus broken?

TyrannisWP

Unless I am completely misreading this the 4 piece should increase the duration of Supercharged Cell by 5 seconds (for a total duration of 15 seconds) but it doesn't do that at all. It doesn't update the tooltip and it doesn't update how long the buff lasts on your character either. Either I'm completely misreading how the 4 piece is supposed to work or it is broken. Either way I would love some clarification.

As I read it:

1) You need to be in Combat Support Cell

2) 4 pieces will increase Supercharged Cell by 5 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds)

If you are in 4pc and you have experienced it not giving a 15 second Sueprcharged Cell while using Combat Support Cell then it's bugged.

As I read it:

2) 4 pieces will increase Supercharged Cell by 5 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds)

If you are in 4pc and you have experienced it not giving a 15 second Sueprcharged Cell while using Combat Support Cell then it's bugged.

ofc im in CSC thats what you use for healing (hence the title) I have the full 6 piece set and both the 2 and 6 piece work correctly but the 4 doesn't seem to.

Yeah it's bugged ... I submitted a ticket a week ago for this, and hope it'll be fixed soon...

Another thing I noticed was the talent "Kolto Residue" gained at level 28 doesn't apply thee snare effect on hostile targets anymore... I can't believe I actually miss that thing! (I also miss "frontline medic" and the Charged Bolt spam during SSC... But the removal of those is intended ^^' )

Also submitted a ticket about this about 1 week ago. I guess it's a low priority bug to fix given the fact that almost nobody plays commando heal in PvP anyways...

:(

Edited by Erixion

Yeah it's bugged ... I submitted a ticket a week ago for this, and hope it'll be fixed soon...

Another thing I noticed was the talent "Kolto Residue" gained at level 28 doesn't apply thee snare effect on hostile targets anymore... I can't believe I actually miss that thing! (I also miss "frontline medic" and the Charged Bolt spam during SSC... But the removal of those is intended ^^' )

Also submitted a ticket about this about 1 week ago. I guess it's a low priority bug to fix given the fact that almost nobody plays commando heal in PvP anyways...

:(

Not worth it in pvp. There is more stuff not working with merc heals at the moment. My kolto bomb keeps missing/not applying heals to people right beside me. Also the same story with kolto residue not being applied. Maybe it will get fixed in 3.5 because apparently mercs are the most desired class right now and is very overpowered. Maybe that's true on pve and rp servers but I don't see it happening on my pvp server. I get the same dose of hate for queuing with a merc healer as usual.

The 4 piece pvp healing set bonus is broken. A workaround to get the bonus is:

EVERY time u join a warzone, take all of your set items of and then dress all again; after that u should have the correct setbonus. I tested it several times (with all 7 set pieces) and it worked (also activated the gas and had a 15 sec gas-time). I hope they'll fix it soon, cause this "workaround" is quit annoying.

• 5 weeks later...
As I read it:

The 4 piece set bonus is still bugged. :mad:

When do BW fix that???

The 4 piece set bonus is still bugged. :mad:

When do BW fix that???

Set bonus is not cartel market item so never.

My friends playing dragon age and they said it is good buy it i checked game saw bioware as developer and no way i will play another game bioware developed. I am playing this game since i like star wars :)

Not worth it in pvp. There is more stuff not working with merc heals at the moment. My kolto bomb keeps missing/not applying heals to people right beside me. Also the same story with kolto residue not being applied. Maybe it will get fixed in 3.5 because apparently mercs are the most desired class right now and is very overpowered. Maybe that's true on pve and rp servers but I don't see it happening on my pvp server. I get the same dose of hate for queuing with a merc healer as usual.

yeah, I don't see a lot of people cheering my arrival in PVP either when I'm on either my Commando or Merc in 4 v 4.

I take their silence when attempting to plan an attack as a sign they know the round is already lost.

You'd think they would try to make classes and set bonuses work correctly would be higher priority than balancing (which is what I hear is in 3.1). You'd also think it would be a requirement for starting the next season.

As annoying as this bug is, it certainly isn't a reason to postpone ranked season. 1) The likely hook of actually loosing a match due to this is pretty low and 2) you can actually fix it by unequipping and re-equipping you gear before each match.

you can actually fix it by unequipping and re-equipping you gear before each match.

I've tried this in warzone several times and it never seemed to work for me. I unequipped all 7 set bonus pieces (in spawn), put them back on and then popped supercharged cell (or what ever it is) and observed the duration of the buff -- it was still 10 seconds.

If this actually can be worked around then I am doing something wrong in my attempt to work around it.

I've also tried the work around out of WZ (e.g. in my stronghold) and also not seen it work.

I've tried this in warzone several times and it never seemed to work for me. I unequipped all 7 set bonus pieces (in spawn), put them back on and then popped supercharged cell (or what ever it is) and observed the duration of the buff -- it was still 10 seconds.

If this actually can be worked around then I am doing something wrong in my attempt to work around it.

I've also tried the work around out of WZ (e.g. in my stronghold) and also not seen it work.

Maybe cuz you're a commando. I'm a merc. Bug's don't always transfer cross faction ala the FOE bug doing 100% dot reduction instead of 30

• 1 month later...
Every time they release a patch, I eagerly search the notes for something on the Commando/Merc 4 pc set bonus being fixed. This is absurd. We are going on 4 months into the expansion and this bug still exists. Even better is my Merc can get around it by taking the armor off and on again, but it doesn't work for my Commando. This is very disappointing.

Unless I am completely misreading this the 4 piece should increase the duration of Supercharged Cell by 5 seconds (for a total duration of 15 seconds) but it doesn't do that at all. It doesn't update the tooltip and it doesn't update how long the buff lasts on your character either. Either I'm completely misreading how the 4 piece is supposed to work or it is broken. Either way I would love some clarification.

this original post is so old, its just makes me sad.... and biofail dropped a game to focus more on swtor. yea right..

• 1 month later...

It's getting fixed in the next major update (or at least, it was fixed on the PTS). However, the duration increase is also getting nerfed by 2 seconds. So, it'll be a 13 second Supercharge and not 15 seconds.

Considering how insanely well Commando/Merc healers do even with a 10 second Supercharge, I'd call that a win.