Pyro/Plasmatech still broken, any acknowledgement by Bioware?

Col_Wilson

It's just me or Heated Tools doesn't reduce de cooldown of Pulse Cannon by 3 seconds?

It does. 18sec CD-->15sec CD

Cast time is way too long though.

Ionized Ignition and Adrenaline Fueled are the two broken discipline passives. The latter is far more serious.

Edited by Catholicc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another major bug (surprise surprise), is that Pyro Shield doesn't reflect dots.

As per the tooltip description, this is indeed another bug that must be fixed to work as intended.

"When activated, your Energy Shield ignites in a blaze, lashing attackers for (x amount) elemental damage while it remains active.

Pyro spec needs this to be fixed...like...now.

I am pretty sure that bioware is fully aware of the situation for pyro. I think they are slow rolling us because they are actually taking the time to get it right. That is why they are making changes and testing them one class at a time. Right now it is a waiting game but it has already been stated that 3.1 alot of class adjustments will be made.

Although the mistake is the season starts with 3.1 so people will not have enough time to adjust to the changes. Its good and bad because now all players will be on an even playing field as far as experience with the changes (most people dont play pts), but alot of players will be clueless and some players will suffer because of it. Give it time they have already made changes to the jugg and mara on the pts. More are coming.

Another major bug (surprise surprise), is that Pyro Shield doesn't reflect dots.

As per the tooltip description, this is indeed another bug that must be fixed to work as intended.

"When activated, your Energy Shield ignites in a blaze, lashing attackers for (x amount) elemental damage while it remains active.

If you read the description of the ability, it can't happen more than once every second. If you're taking dot damage, you're probably getting hit more often than that which is why you may think it isn't working correctly. But I'm not sure, I don't use that utility. Check it again and see if it happens once every second like it's supposed to.

I am pretty sure that bioware is fully aware of the situation for pyro.

This is the biggest issue I'm having, how can you be sure? I can understand fixing something may take time, but they could at least acknowledge bugs (especially something as big as this one) and tell us they're working on a fix. This has been around since the release of 3.0, there's been plenty of time to say something about it.

If you read the description of the ability, it can't happen more than once every second. If you're taking dot damage, you're probably getting hit more often than that which is why you may think it isn't working correctly. But I'm not sure, I don't use that utility. Check it again and see if it happens once every second like it's supposed to.

Yeah it can only happen once every second, but my point is that it doesn't work against dots at all.

there are 2 different procc activators for such abilities in the game:

-procc on taking damage (for example the cd reduce of reactive shield in tactics/ap) works on dots

-procc on getting attacked (for example the pyro shield and the kolto overload cd reduce in pyro(bugged)) works only on direct hits

Edited by Luckyluzi

there are 2 different procc activators for such abilities in the game:

-procc on taking damage (for example the cd reduce of reactive shield in tactics/ap) works on dots

-procc on getting attacked (for example the pyro shield and the kolto overload cd reduce in pyro(bugged)) works only on direct hits

Pyro Shield has always worked on DoTs. Nothing was more satisfying pre-3.0 than killing a Balance or Madness specced Inquisitor/Consular with Electro Shield on my vanguard. Well, besides cheesing it into NiM Nefra and breaking 4.5k without any effort at all because you used Electro Shield on the DoT.

Edited by TACeMossie

Pyro Shield has always worked on DoTs. Nothing was more satisfying pre-3.0 than killing a Balance or Madness specced Inquisitor/Consular with Electro Shield on my vanguard. Well, besides cheesing it into NiM Nefra and breaking 4.5k without any effort at all because you used Electro Shield on the DoT.

Test it. Go duel a sorc/sin/pt, whatever you like and activate energy shield. Don't hit them , just get them to apply dots. Pyro shield currently reflects direct attacks like a sabre or a rifle shot, but not dots. You'll see the dots bumping away with no reflect damage on the attacker. This is obvious to see, unless I was bugged on Tatooine, the five different times I tried.

Yeah it can only happen once every second, but my point is that it doesn't work against dots at all.

Really...

I will never understand what type of programmers BW has that manage to some how royal f*** everything every major patch.

Edited by Ottoattack

Did ya file a bug report?

Absolutely, but let's get a summary here of all the bugs to date, and get everyone else to report as well. Funny thing is, I've sent bug reports, and they've told me to post here on forums...

• Flame Sweep CGC isn't getting applied to all targets it hits consistently.(pyro discipline)

• the Kolto cooldown isn't being reduced when getting attacked, after it's been activated. (pyro discipline)

• Pyro Shield isn't reflecting against DOT damage (utilities)

Secondary Improvement list.

• Re-examine damage from Flamethrower's ranks (% per), or increase the Flamethrower base damage.

• Make 45% HO speed increase an innate Pyro ability(Kain'ryk), and swap the 30% damage reduction while stunned from the AP tree, and insert the 30%DR as a utility to replace the HO 45% increase removal.

I'll update as we roll along, but, GET IN GAME PEOPLE and start testing this stuff!!!! We're running out of time, for they will be addressing PT's/VG's soon on the PTS!!!!!

Edited by DethlaHadyn

[quote=DethlaHadyn;7972899

[*]Kolto Overload's 30% damage reduction isn't applied, nor is the Kolto cooldown being reduced when getting attacked, after it's been activated. (pyro discipline)

That is simply NOT TRUE as it is FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

Kolto Overload's and Adrenaline Rush's 30% damage reduction is applied when the ability activates, i.e. when your health drops below 35%, as the tool tip states.

Try it.

No.

Edited by Catholicc

Kolto Overload's 30% damage reduction isn't applied, nor is the Kolto cooldown being reduced when getting attacked, after it's been activated. (pyro discipline)

I'm pretty sure the damage reduction works. It's just the cooldown that isn't working.

That is simply NOT TRUE as it is FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

Kolto Overload's and Adrenaline Rush's 30% damage reduction is applied when the ability activates, i.e. when your health drops below 35%, as the tool tip states.

Try it.

No.

Hmm wasn't when we first tried it. Maybe it was patched in somewhere along the line since then. I'll test them both again tonight.

For the second part, some elaboration on your part is required.

Hmm wasn't when we first tried it. Maybe it was patched in somewhere along the line since then. I'll test them both again tonight.

For the second part, some elaboration on your part is required.

I'll edit. The 30% damage reduction from Kolto is indeed working. Apologies for that part.

I'll also add that for the utility "Reflective Armor", it appears to be only a one time trigger. For example if you activate Energy Shield against let's say Flamethrower, Reflective Armor will only damage your attacker once for the entire duration of the attack. Even though flamethrower hits 4 times, the utility will only work once. If I had to choose between Reflective armor or Pyro shield, I'd definitely skip out on Reflective armor. If this is how it's supposed to work, then it's not worth the utility point at all in my opinion. Just a bit more icing on the cake I'd suppose, but none the less a good utility point wasted. Anyone else find merit for reflective armor in another scenario?

I'll edit. The 30% damage reduction from Kolto is indeed working. Apologies for that part.

I'll also add that for the utility "Reflective Armor", it appears to be only a one time trigger. For example if you activate Energy Shield against let's say Flamethrower, Reflective Armor will only damage your attacker once for the entire duration of the attack. Even though flamethrower hits 4 times, the utility will only work once. If I had to choose between Reflective armor or Pyro shield, I'd definitely skip out on Reflective armor. If this is how it's supposed to work, then it's not worth the utility point at all in my opinion. Just a bit more icing on the cake I'd suppose, but none the less a good utility point wasted. Anyone else find merit for reflective armor in another scenario?

Into the Fray/Close and Personal doesn't activate every time that you get AoEd - it has a 3 second lockout. I'm not sure if this is affected by alacrity though...

Reflective Armor will only do damage if Into the Fray/Close and Personal is activated.

Into the Fray/Close and Personal doesn't activate every time that you get AoEd - it has a 3 second lockout. I'm not sure if this is affected by alacrity though...

Reflective Armor will only do damage if Into the Fray/Close and Personal is activated.

Right, but can you firm that it's on a 3 second window? So if you were under constant fire, it would proc 5 times then? Hmm. More testing tomorrow then lol.