Devs; please, please, PLEASE! With a cherry on top!

Technohic

I did read it. maybe you didn't. he was upset that there were PVE geared people in a normal WZ. he got focused and didn't like it and thinks it was because their had high health which tells everyone there are in PVE gear. next match he got an arena with people in PVE gear on he team and he quit. then posted this thread.

he wants to boost the exp bolster gives and reduce the stats for PVE gear people. why? not because it will make the PVE geared people better, but because he wants their health stats lower so people wont focus him in WZs.

You are dense or trolling. Its not their stats the enemy team notices.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repeats my statement, then points to a Chinese P2W MMO....

/Gawdhelpus

right, and they have competitive PVP that is such a big deal, people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the game just to be able to PVP. world tournament, televised on national TV, people flown to china to take part. clearly gear progression isnt the PVP killer you think it is.

by the way, everyone who pays and gets their characters and gear maxed up are all on an equal footing. so P2W has no effect on PVP at top levels. you could still get to top level without paying, but would take you ridiculous amount of time to do so.

oh and... still laughing at, "no other PVP has gear progression, except other MMOs". LOL!!!!!!

Your reading comprehension needs some work. The reason the other team was able to focus him so much is because the PVE geared people were no threat at all. What he wants is to equalize that so that when people do come into PVP in PVE gear, maybe they're not as effective as PVP geared people, but you can't just outright ignore them either.

oh geez... yeah and, how did the other team realize they were no threat? by looking at their health.

again, boosting their exp and lowing their stats isnt going to make them any better. right now, the better the PVE gear, the lower EXP bolster gives. changing it so bolster gives more EXP but lowers stats, changes what? they still will be bolstered to the same level of performace, which is just below full set of tier 1 gear or whatever level the bench mark is set at. the only actual difference would be, you wouldn't be able to tell they were in PVE gear just by looking at their health.

oh geez... yeah and, how did the other team realize they were no threat? by looking at their health.

again, boosting their exp and lowing their stats isnt going to make them any better. right now, the better the PVE gear, the lower EXP bolster gives. changing it so bolster gives more EXP but lowers stats, changes what? they still will be bolstered to the same level of performace, which is just below full set of tier 1 gear or whatever level the bench mark is set at. the only actual difference would be, you wouldn't be able to tell they were in PVE gear just by looking at their health.

Ok. You are either trolling, if so good job, or you truly don't understand. I know of no cure for stupidity so not much I can do for the latter.

You are dense or trolling. Its not their stats the enemy team notices.

"The reason I posted this was because right before posting I was in a NC; and I am looking around with me in my PvP gear at around 40k HP and I see about 4 players at close to 50 K and I am like "***? "

its what you noticed. its what I notice when I look at the players health on the other team.

They are a lot worse at the moment when they only have 1300 expertise than just 5% below

right, and they have competitive PVP that is such a big deal, people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the game just to be able to PVP. world tournament, televised on national TV, people flown to china to take part. clearly gear progression isnt the PVP killer you think it is.

by the way, everyone who pays and gets their characters and gear maxed up are all on an equal footing. so P2W has no effect on PVP at top levels. you could still get to top level without paying, but would take you ridiculous amount of time to do so.

oh and... still laughing at, "no other PVP has gear progression, except other MMOs". LOL!!!!!!

Yeah the amount people playing that versus COD, Madden, Street Fighter, etc is totally comparable. Yet you see one playing playing Chinese MMO at E3..:rolleyes

:

They are a lot worse at the moment when they only have 1300 expertise than just 5% below

how do you know that? if they have 1300 exp then they have more health and more secondary stats. if the benchmark for bolster is just below performance level of t1 PVP gear... why do you think its going to make a difference giving them more exp but less stats? its the same benchmark.

Better players make better teams. Gear is secondary. Yes, it helps. And in ranked it's adviseable to get as close to 2K exp while min/max-ing your stat envelope. However, the only real purpose it serves is to pwn noobs/alts in OWPvP. It's gotten so laughable that I purposely take on groups solo. It is fun and funny too: like i'm some kind of FP boss for a group of PvE'ers to try and beat.

I'm a bit divided on this, for the sake of OWPvP lawls, I'd like the PvP gear to stay, but, for the sake of competitive PvP team content, **** it - it's not really necessary. However, even if BW does away with the PvP gear, people will still find ways to cheese it up with gear, buffs, etc. They'd have to develop a system where it sets everyone's gear rating and stats to the same level, based on your role (basically, it would set your base stats to equal that as if you were naked with no datacrons or buffs, and then bolsters that up -- IOW removing all advantages). And, since we now have a system that has effectivly killed off hybrids, this could actually play out. With this type of un/bolstered system in place, skill would be the only divider of performance.

Edited by PifferPuff

Yeah the amount people playing that versus COD, Madden, Street Fighter, etc is totally comparable. Yet you see one playing playing Chinese MMO at E3..:rolleyes :

I haven't play Zhu Xian since SWTOR launched. but when I was playing it, it had more players than any western MMO other than WOW. again, world PVP tournament, televised on national TV in china, people flown to china from all over the world, people paying thousands and thousands of dollars on the game... pretty competitive PVP with much steeper gear progression than TOR has.

COD, Madden, Street Fighter? really? lol.

"no other game has PVP gear progression, expect other MMO's". LOL.

Edited by MiaRB

I haven't play Zhu Xian since SWTOR launched. but when I was playing it, it had more players than any western MMO other than WOW. again, world PVP tournament, televised on national TV in china, people flown to china from all over the world, people paying thousands and thousands of dollars on the game... pretty competitive PVP with much steeper gear progression than TOR has.

Again Pay2win=progression.... LOL.

how do you know that? if they have 1300 exp then they have more health and more secondary stats. if the benchmark for bolster is just below performance level of t1 PVP gear... why do you think its going to make a difference giving them more exp but less stats? its the same benchmark.

Here is the translation for tards:

If everyone is at max level, there is no "give and take".

Also multipliers are far more impactful that additions.. Gear can't compensate for EXP multipliers in general.

U gon' learn today....

Inspect them once and compare what their bonus stats are with yours then look at their damage reduction, bonus damage and healing from expertise and you tell me.

It's sad you really think that lame as s MMO is real PvP. Unless by "P" you mean pocketbook.

How absurd are you to suggest that multiplayer game is as popular or even as balanced as something like Madden or Street Fighter? Fly to China? So what? If it's not at E3, EVO, etc, it's not worth a ****.

I don't see Chinese MMO getting a series on ESPN, but please co.tinue beating the drum about another niche (at best) MMO being good at PvP; ya Shrek....

Inspect them once and compare what their bonus stats are with yours then look at their damage reduction, bonus damage and healing from expertise and you tell me.

the benchmark is set at a certain level. so the EXP bonuses offsets the increased stats that come from PVE gear. reversing it, by giving more EXP but less stats to put them at the same benchmark doesn't change anything and would be a much more complicated system.

my opinion is, the main reason people in all PVE gear do so poorly in WZs is because they don't PVP enough to be good at it. so bolstering them to a higher level or giving them all free t1 gear, or doing away with PVP gear all together, isnt going to change the fact that there are bad players in WZs. if your team is full of PVEers who hardly ever PVP, it doesn't matter one bit what gear they are in, they will still get crushed by all the players who PVP a lot.

the benchmark is set at a certain level. so the EXP bonuses offsets the increased stats that come from PVE gear. reversing it, by giving more EXP but less stats to put them at the same benchmark doesn't change anything and would be a much more complicated system.

my opinion is, the main reason people in all PVE gear do so poorly in WZs is because they don't PVP enough to be good at it. so bolstering them to a higher level or giving them all free t1 gear, or doing away with PVP gear all together, isnt going to change the fact that there are bad players in WZs. if your team is full of PVEers who hardly ever PVP, it doesn't matter one bit what gear they are in, they will still get crushed by all the players who PVP a lot.

You are so wrong my brain hurts. Do you know basic arithmetic? English mother****er, do you speak it?

See people, these are the tards that help screw over PvP entirely

It's sad you really think that lame as s MMO is real PvP. Unless by "P" you mean pocketbook.

How absurd are you to suggest that multiplayer game is as popular or even as balanced as something like Madden or Street Fighter? Fly to China? So what? If it's not at E3, EVO, etc, it's not worth a ****.

I don't see Chinese MMO getting a series on ESPN, but please co.tinue beating the drum about another niche (at best) MMO being good at PvP; ya Shrek....

you know there is a world outside of the US. in fact, the majority of the world lives outside of the US.

niche? as I said, when I was playing it, it had more players than any western MMO other than WOW. havnt kept up with the game, but id bet it still has more players than this game does.

anyway, the point is, gear progression doesn't prevent competitive PVP.

Edited by MiaRB

I don't think the benchmarks are getting in range, though; and that is my issue with it. Next time I see another DPS with 50k health, I will screenshot them up and compare their stats to see if they even on paper look to be close.

I don't think the benchmarks are getting in range, though; and that is my issue with it. Next time I see another DPS with 50k health, I will screenshot them up and compare their stats to see if they even on paper look to be close.

that maybe true.

stop raging, lol.

Nobody is raging here. It's just asinine that you fail at even the basic concept.

Fail: Sorry, but if it's not relevant in mainstream multiplayer gaming it's irrelevant. I don't care what continent you are on. And a Chinese game at that? Lol....

Fail: Not to not only did you bring up a lame *** P2W example, you had that audacity to say it's in the neighborhood of gaming multilayer GIANTS like COD, Street Fighter and Madden. Yeah it's niche, and an after thought.

Fail: I said point blank to point me to another PvP game, THATS NOT AN MMO, that has gear progression and as impactful to balance as it is in SWTOR, but still viable form a competitive standpoint, and your response, Chinese MMO from 2009. Priceless...

I don't really see how anyone can disagree with the OP. Bolser should help new players and the current version certainly don't. The fact that you need to equip lower ranked gear to get the best out of bolster is just stupid and not at all intuitive.

Pvp in this game is a niche and we don't need people staying away from it because they get globald or cant scratch the hp of their opponents the first times the try pvp. Sure, they will still lose against experienced players but not feel completely useless.

I don't really see how anyone can disagree with the OP. Bolser should help new players and the current version certainly don't. The fact that you need to equip lower ranked gear to get the best out of bolster is just stupid and not at all intuitive.

Pvp in this game is a niche and we don't need people staying away from it because they get globald or cant scratch the hp of their opponents the first times the try pvp. Sure, they will still lose against experienced players but not feel completely useless.

And that's the point. We can't play PVP is there is no one to play with. We need noobs, whether fresh 60s or get raider toAT LEAST, have a chance from a stats perspective. This is 50% of the problem that has not been addressed since launch....