The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition: add some VA for lord scourge

nerazzurroblue

well at least if they won't do anything about it they should let us know too

Petitions and demands do not work. This ain't politics. You pretty much assured no response from Bioware by titling your thread as a "petition".

Suggestion Box... they definitely read and capture from there.... but rarely in the sort of timely manner in which players desire. They neither confirm nor deny any action regarding a suggestion... so don't expect an answer.

Edited by Andryah

Even though the imp side intros are still bugged...except for the new agent one they fixed, you know you marry your companion on imp side just like pub side and imp side acts like you're someone they just met not too long ago, but pub side is all 'pooooooooookie! i wuff you!' Grr.

But anyway, I am glad they at least let us speak to our companions, love interests/wife/husband, or not and they did more than stand there picking their nose. And our spouses commented about crap on Rishi and Yavin. I'll give them that.

BUT!!! Some of us...don't use our companion spouse *eyeballs her shadow dps girl who prefers Tharan*. So at least one could have added our booty call too.

Keep the vote alive that 4.0 rocks with everyone speaking and NO bugs in the intros. I can live with bugs in the actual content but not my cut scenes, damnit.

I will most wholeheartedly sign this IN BLOOD!!! I love Lord Scourge, and especially in this update, he was much needed.

I know it won't happen for this storyline now, but definitely in the future, they need to get Joseph Gatt in for the VO work.

Judging from this list, I find that unlikely.

They just decided to significantly pare down the VA for this expansion, at least as far as companions are concerned. You see, 100$ million plus revenue on a yearly basis is too little apparently. :p

It's possible he might not have been available, he was filming Game of Thrones this year...still I can't see how hard it might be to record a few lines...I'm sure it could have been worked out, if Bioware had wanted to badly enough.

Scourge is the most important companion to the Revan story line especially considering our past companion conversations with him. He needs to have some lines to talk. If he cant talk, can he at least write me a letter in the mailbox? It makes me laugh inside about the thought of him writing a letter...

I am hoping for an update, maybe at least game update 3.3 or something where we get to see a small continuation where Scourge could speak and reflect on the events that happened? Each class could have at least one companion want to speak about an update.

Maybe if we're lucky, one companion of each class can speak to us in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc.

I'd appreciate a BW comment on this.

Yay to that! Would be nice to have a romance added to him as well in Chapter 4-5, while they are at it. Kira's plot-important, so would be nice to have a plot-important char to romance for the females as well, and get the story a bit more accommodating for a female toon. Not to mention to finally get to romance a non-human and a Force User. His romance would fill in so many gaps for the female toons... not to mention it is interesting conceptually. Edited by DomiSotto

Scourge is the most important companion to the Revan story line especially considering our past companion conversations with him. He needs to have some lines to talk. If he cant talk, can he at least write me a letter in the mailbox? It makes me laugh inside about the thought of him writing a letter...

I am hoping for an update, maybe at least game update 3.3 or something where we get to see a small continuation where Scourge could speak and reflect on the events that happened? Each class could have at least one companion want to speak about an update.

Maybe if we're lucky, one companion of each class can speak to us in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc.

I'd appreciate a BW comment on this.

Letters! Even letters would be great if they dont want to take the time for VA cutscenes!

Though I wish I could mark some off as "favorite" letters to keep. Torian's courtship letters to my main.

Future letters could include: Malavai sending reports on stuff, with a sweet gift back to the SW (chocolate is always nice if she is still PO'd at him). Vik trying to convince my Trooper to help him put with a scam. Blizz trying to write a letter to tell me what he did to my ship- maybe leaving things in half sentences? A certain Mon Calamar who wound up as a bounty the BH was going to take on in the Intro to Makeb, explaining why he has a bounty on his head. So many things BW could do about those.

I'm not sure just how much work the Devs would have to put in to get the letters thing set up, maybe the writers will have to get involved a bit, but still...

I wonder if Scourge would still be willing to train my children to be Sith if I run around trying to kill the -erm... He Who Will Not Be Named But We Know Who It Is Already? Is that the right term for the returning fellow?

There are alternatives: Eradicator armor set or the ones for Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos.

Certainly a minor issue -- BY FAR -- when compared to his silence throughout the entire expansion.

For me I think he looks decent and still Sith wearing the shadow malak armour. He is missing shoulder pads in my opinion but at least he does not look like a Jedi.

For me I think he looks decent and still Sith wearing the shadow malak armour. He is missing shoulder pads in my opinion but at least he does not look like a Jedi.

Lord Scourge is the only companion worthy of using the armor sets that once wore by Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos. Anything else is unfitting for a Pureblood. :p

It's possible he might not have been available, he was filming Game of Thrones this year...still I can't see how hard it might be to record a few lines...I'm sure it could have been worked out, if Bioware had wanted to badly enough.

Once again, here.

Unless everyone was doing some other stuff and have an issue with making money -- except for the most popular romanceable companions -- I find that exceptionally hard to believe.

Pare down. VA costs. They decided to.

It is that simple.

:rak_03:

EDIT:

The most ridiculous thing EVER is that even the non-speaking Basic companions, the ones who don't even require a VA, are silent for the most part too.

Guys at Austin, I salute you. Good one. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The most ridiculous thing EVER is that even the non-speaking Basic companions, the ones who don't even require a VA, are silent for the most part too.

I guess it was possible for them to make more companions speaking for a few classes, but decided to decrease the number to 3, as not to favor any class.

It's still ridiculous decision. People will always find something to complain, but speaking Qyzen or Bowdaar are better than nothing...

Edited by PavSalco

I guess it was possible for them to make more companions speaking for a few classes, but decided to decrease the number to 3, as not to favor any class.

The issue is that this still came to pass.

Zenith speaks during the intro for SoR -- he's voiced by Troy Baker after all, same VA for Theron Shan -- but then goes silent throughout the remainder of the expansion.

Talos Drellik speaks during the Class Story mission for the Inquisitor, but aside that, he's also silent the entire duration of SoR. Did they ask his VA to utter four to five lines, only to send him on his way afterwards?

Daran Norris, VA for Gault, voiced Colonel Darok for Forged Alliances and an additional NPC for SoR, yet Gault is silent during the SoR intro; same for the remainder of the expansion. I don't even... :rolleyes:

Again, the mind just boggles; when you think there's a method, a design behind their absurd decision-making, you soon after realize you were wrong.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

well you knew someone was going to ask :D

This is a petition for Bioware to add some voice acting for lord scourge in shadow of revan expansion iam sure it's not that hard

i mean come on if you want the story of revan to be finished then give us a definitive ending for all of it and lord scourge is one of the key persons in this plot you can't just leave it like that :confused:

anyone else who agree please make your opinion clear and maybe we will get a response

thanks

I agree, with the history between Scourge and Revan there needs to be some dialogue. Bioware has a great back story them, it seems criminal to not give them something if not closure to their relationship.

I haven't watched all of the new stream, but I know Charles Boyd was there...did anyone ask in chat why Scourge had no lines? And if so, was it answered?

I bet most don´t even care which is sad since the story is the main focus of the game. But the masses surely don´t notice or already forgot about Scourge.

Also I guess they know it`s embarassing but wouldn`t give in. It would be a dream for a developer to come out and say "Yea, we made a mistake on that." Of course EA won´t allow anything else than forced positivity when talking abou the game. But I would respect that developer immensly if he would do that.