Level 60 group finder does not include Level 55 [HARD] and [TACTICAL] flashpoints

Heezdedjim

This seems like a glaring omission, given that we can queue for level 50 flashpoints at level 55. It also leaves the group finder depressingly barren from level 56 on. It seems like the current level 60 group finder catalog is just crying out for two added categories for the level 55 [TACTICAL] and level 55 [HARD] flashpoints. Also, the two Czerka level 55 [TACTICAL] FPs at least are required to complete the [WEEKLY], which is a pain when we can't queue for them. Since all of these instances still are green to us at 60, it seems like an oversight to leave them out of GF.

We are going to be making 55 Hard Mode and Tactical Flashpoints available in Group Finder for level 60 players in 3.0.2.

Thanks,

Tait

Any chance of the level 55 ops being available as well? (Storymode, obviously) I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to get into groups for the level 55 ops now since level 60s can't be in level 55 group finder. Saw a message in fleet chat that was something like "LGF TFB GF 55-59" which kinda makes me feel like I lost access to that content just by leveling to 60. I wouldn't even mind the rewards being lowered substantially, I do it more for the experience than the rewards to be honest. Just kinda sucks to not have as much access to those ops now.

^This, if 55 HMs are going be available to lvl 60s and they give 2 comms it would be pretty pointless for any 60 to bother doing the lvl 60 HMs when they both give basic comms.

Worse, 55-59 HM bosses drop elites, 60 HM bosses drop basics.

I cannot fathom why we can't Q for everything in the group finder. Set a minimum gear check so undergeared people can't get into hard modes and it's fine. I'd like to do old content for achievements but it's a pain to setup. City of Heroes had a system that would scale you down to the appropriate level of a group instance so you would fight it at it's level. Disappointing group finder so far.

a system that would scale you down to the appropriate level of a group instance

Knowing the basics of how the current bolster functions, artificially raising your gear level up to a target value if it isn't already there, I'd imagine that this reverse process would have to artificially lower your gear level down to a target value if it's already at something higher. So they would define for each flashpoint and op both a minimum and maximum gear rating, and the scale-up / scale-down effects would insure that all group members fall somewhere within that range.

Of course they would have to be able to custom tailor both effects for every flashpoint and op individually rather than just having one all-purpose max level function like they seem to have with bolster currently. The system would need min and max levels defined for every flashpoint and op as well. The scale-up bolster would raise your level to the minimum if it isn't there already, and the scale-down anti-bolster would lower your level to the maximum if it's already at something higher.

(Instead of adding this reverse process as yet another buff to appear on the screen, maybe just work both approaches into the same bolster buff and change the tooltip to reflect the new rules and refer to the level range and item rating range that it's making sure that you fit inside.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

We are going to be making 55 Hard Mode and Tactical Flashpoints available in Group Finder for level 60 players in 3.0.2.

Thanks,

Tait

And why not the older ops on rotation like it used to be? All you have to do at 60 is 2 now. :mad:

ALL ops and Flashpoints should be in GF. SM and HM. ALL of it. Even if they only grant Basic comms. It helps with Conquest points since the GF is always there. You guys are cutting out older content and then not making it so people can get as many Conquest points as well.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Looks like it's going to be a long month. Better late than never, I guess. Sooner would have been better still though.

Anniversary Personnel has been assigned to either Fleet to distribute free Third Anniversary Stronghold Decorations! They will be available until Game Update 3.0.2.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12162014/game-update-3.0.1-patch-notes

Hurry – get your celebratory items by Monday, January 12, 2015* to help us make this a year to remember!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20141210

Thanks,

Tait

Edited by Heezdedjim

Thanks,

Tait

As I have dinged 56, I cannot complete Revan line because I need korriban and tython tactical FPs. Cannot play until 3.0.2. Any time frame on this release?

As I have dinged 56, I cannot complete Revan line because I need korriban and tython tactical FPs. Cannot play until 3.0.2. Any time frame on this release?

In an unrelated post, they said that the Third Anniversary Decorations would be available until 3.0.2, and they also said that you would need to get your decos by 1/12/15. So it seems we can expect 3.0.2 to drop on that date.

In the meantime, you could do the [sOLO] version of the lead in story line, if you have not completed it before, or as a last resort you can gather a group and just do walk-in runs of them (you always can run any FP by just going down to the deck where the door is, picking up the quest, and going straight in).

In an unrelated post, they said that the Third Anniversary Decorations would be available until 3.0.2, and they also said that you would need to get your decos by 1/12/15. So it seems we can expect 3.0.2 to drop on that date.

In the meantime, you could do the [sOLO] version of the lead in story line, if you have not completed it before, or as a last resort you can gather a group and just do walk-in runs of them (you always can run any FP by just going down to the deck where the door is, picking up the quest, and going straight in).

they are available in solo mode & BW provides u with a fighting bot. I did the rataka FP.