The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So what are all you Power Tech Tanks augmenting for?

Larsenex

I found that the basic comms gear is heavy on Shield and Absorb and light on Defense. I put in 3 shield, 4 absorb and the rest are defense.

I would dearly like to know how you all are fairing in the new Hard modes.

Without a team that had HM DP on farm, the new HM FPs are a nightmare.

For gear, my tank set is currently:

Old 4-piece bonus

Dread Master Implants

Basic Comms gear 4 everything else

156 augments

I have as close to a 50/50 split of defense to absorb as I can right now.

I'm working to replace the enhancements with crafted immunity/sturdiness enhancements, and the earpiece with a crafted veracity one, and the relics from Kel Dragon to the Ruusan ones

After that, just check KBNs tank stat numbers in the roles subforum

Edited by TACeMossie

I'm in the 186 gear you buy with basic comms except that I swapped out most of the enhancements for the shield/absorb ones crafted by artifice. I also have the Earpiece and Implants that are crafted (better than the Yavin gear but not quite as good as the dread master gear) as well as the relics for defense and damage shield that are crafted(best relics short of what you earn in the new ops)..

I have 8 Shield augments and 6 Absorb augments

This puts me at 653 defense, 1522 shield, and 939 absorb

Edited by Euclidi

zorz has spoken!

Zorz was also speaking in regards to all the confusing sin tanking buffs and procs… ;-)

More importantly, I think Milas is right here. I mean, check the numbers against my thread, but I'm relatively certain that PT tanks need to augment almost entirely for shield.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I'm in the 186 gear you buy with basic comms except that I swapped out most of the enhancements for the shield/absorb ones crafted by artifice. I also have the Earpiece and Implants that are crafted (better than the Yavin gear but not quite as good as the dread master gear) as well as the relics for defense and damage shield that are crafted(best relics short of what you earn in the new ops)..

I have 8 Shield augments and 6 Absorb augments

This puts me at 653 defense, 1522 shield, and 939 absorb

Are you using the proc or click on use relics, I really hate clicking relics, but if it is noticeably better I will I guess

PvP only : testing 7 endu & 7 shield

Our absorb is ok and i find defense quite useless in wz.

What do u think of it?

Nice post btw

Cya M8s

7 end vs 7 shield. Endurance gives you direct increase on your TTK and cushion against all incoming damage. Shield does not affect all types of damage and is affected by shield chance. End > mitigation stats will always be the case in pvp. Whereas in pve its the other way around.

Edited by dijskykiller

Thanks all of you for the information. Now for a bit more if I may ask:

On the Sturdiness and Immunity enhancements, should I craft them myself or just buy them with comms on various gear and pull them out?

I have two or three toons with 700+ comms (even after gearing) that I can do this with.

How many of each of these enhancements would you put into your tanks gear?

To the last question, for shield i can get all 14 but wont we see a great value of diminishing returns and wont we cap out at or near 50%?

Thanks again. All this information I am sending to my friends who also tank and have been getting 'wrong' information.

Thanks all of you for the information. Now for a bit more if I may ask:

On the Sturdiness and Immunity enhancements, should I craft them myself or just buy them with comms on various gear and pull them out?

I have two or three toons with 700+ comms (even after gearing) that I can do this with.

How many of each of these enhancements would you put into your tanks gear?

To the last question, for shield i can get all 14 but wont we see a great value of diminishing returns and wont we cap out at or near 50%?

Thanks again. All this information I am sending to my friends who also tank and have been getting 'wrong' information.

50% is basically is near full 198 (1900 or so rating)

Here is my current character in 192-198 stuff.

On how to gear I'm on the outskirts in proper gearing ( theory crafters are pro mean mitigation), I'm more B mods/Bulwark enhancements until I hit my HP pool I want to sit at in full 198 ( 56-57k)

If you want to follow how I gear nearly everything you need is gained through ultimate comms.

1) Ear piece/Implant ( trade off from Revanite is +/- 40 Endurance/Main stat. (Is better but until raid has what they need these are 100% fine.

2) Costs 80/100 for B Mods ( Need x7 absorb b mods/x2 defense

3) Enhancements have to come from drops the difference is +/- 20 endurance/main stat. When I reach my HP pool I'll tinker more.

My current spread with stim is

Defense: 559

Shield: 1910

Absorb:1151

HP:55952

Anyway this is how I gear. Is it wrong who knows, its what I do and what most tanks in Zorz do.

Edited by JDotter

Can confirm, gear the same way (a little less shield and more def, but w/e). Sometimes in progression you just need hp, especially when trying to clear in as few lockouts (aka as little gear) as possible /shrug. I'm not going to augment endurance or anything, but b mods seems like a no brainer.