Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all , i'm new to jugg normally play marauder,

And mAx i can get out of it with 4 set pieces , 192 Mh, 2 implants ,1 earpiece.

In power or alacrity build is 4k , but more consistently 3.9k

What am i doing wrong ? I feel like i spread my dots correctly , it doesnt make sense to me.

Help ?

What am i doing wrong ? I feel like i spread my dots correctly , it doesnt make sense to me.

Help ?

If you could upload to parsley and link it I'll look it over for you if you would like

Help ?

What the guy above me said, but I'll lay out alot of the "typical" issues I see in parses.

1) APM (actions per minute). If you APM is low, you're DPS will be low. This effective means you are slow between abilities or are delaying abilities. Dont do that.

2) The rotation flows. In raids, you will be setting up a burst rotation for specific instances in the fight; however, parsing and "tank & spank" fights you wont be setting it up. "Everything is on cooldown" is not a thing unless you are failing in another part of the rotation.

3) DoT uptime. Our DoTs dont hit hard, but if they arent up than you're loosing DPS.

Those are the typical issues I've seen, but of course if could be something entirely different. Sadly, I agreed to not provide the rotation I personally use, so I once again recommend posting a Parsley link of a parse for us to look at and give more informative advice.

What the guy above me said, but I'll lay out alot of the "typical" issues I see in parses.

1) APM (actions per minute). If you APM is low, you're DPS will be low. This effective means you are slow between abilities or are delaying abilities. Dont do that.

2) The rotation flows. In raids, you will be setting up a burst rotation for specific instances in the fight; however, parsing and "tank & spank" fights you wont be setting it up. "Everything is on cooldown" is not a thing unless you are failing in another part of the rotation.

3) DoT uptime. Our DoTs dont hit hard, but if they arent up than you're loosing DPS.

Those are the typical issues I've seen, but of course if could be something entirely different. Sadly, I agreed to not provide the rotation I personally use, so I once again recommend posting a Parsley link of a parse for us to look at and give more informative advice.

Why do you have to agree to not post your rotation? As for vengeance, of all the specs in the game it has by far one of the simplest rotations, that follows a basic priority system, with the only variable other than uptime on a boss being when Vicious Throw procs, which can generally change things slightly. That said, if you have the priority down pat, you will always get around the same numbers within 100-200, it is very easy to replicate, as opposed to more RNG based rotations like Virulence Sniper, or more punishing energy management ones like IO Merc.

Why do you have to agree to not post your rotation? As for vengeance, of all the specs in the game it has by far one of the simplest rotations, that follows a basic priority system, with the only variable other than uptime on a boss being when Vicious Throw procs, which can generally change things slightly. That said, if you have the priority down pat, you will always get around the same numbers within 100-200, it is very easy to replicate, as opposed to more RNG based rotations like Virulence Sniper, or more punishing energy management ones like IO Merc.

It was merely an agreement between the various authors mentioned in the guide. With 4.0/KotFE less than 3 months out, I could probably post it and it would do little to no harm, but I am a man of my word and when I agreed to not post my rotation I have stuck to my guns thus far. If they agree that they don't mind or want me to release it, I most certainly will. I've had it written out since I made this guide lol.

And honestly, our rotation is highly RNG based. 100-200 DPS difference is the low end of the spectrum. Because we rely on crits from our heavy hitters to maintain our DPS, opposed to "true" DoT specs, we have more variety in output when it comes to parsing. I average 5k-5100 easily in IO with my rare top parses of 5300+. Whereas with my Jugg, I sit between 4600-4900 in most 198s at this point (still need a MH and mod). Part of this is because of the Mercs ability to run high crit and still put out heavy burst between Thermal Detonator and Mag Shot. This is something we simply don't have, but hey there is hope if you read the recent post on TorCommunity.

Edited by veSev

Should I only be parsing around 4200~ in 192 6 piece? Still have 4-5 186 items on as well. Trying to go with the Alacrity build I think my stats are 3715 Strength 1380 Power 282 Crit 267 Surge 711 Alacrity. Hitting between 37-38 APM.

yeah Ves, with reading the potential changes to warriors/knights, i am very much looking forward to 4.0, though, PTS needs to go up for these things to be tested, not sure if there is a timeline for that?

SShhhhhhh, I was only hinting at a direction for people to look lol. Can't talk here.

Should I only be parsing around 4200~ in 192 6 piece? Still have 4-5 186 items on as well. Trying to go with the Alacrity build I think my stats are 3715 Strength 1380 Power 282 Crit 267 Surge 711 Alacrity. Hitting between 37-38 APM.

The top of the Alacrity build APM wise is about 38-38.5. As for numbers, I would think 4500-4600 is probably the top of the arc in 192s. So 4200 is a little low, but I think you solve some the APM issues and you probably see a noticeable jump. A significant amount of DPS for us is purely from proper Ravager/Master Strike clipping, and tbh Alacrity makes it significantly tougher to do.

Edited by veSev

SShhhhhhh, I was only hinting at a direction for people to look lol. Can't talk here.

The top of the Alacrity build APM wise is about 38-38.5. As for numbers, I would think 4500-4600 is probably the top of the arc in 192s. So 4200 is a little low, but I think you solve some the APM issues and you probably see a noticeable jump. A significant amount of DPS for us is purely from proper Ravager/Master Strike clipping, and tbh Alacrity makes it significantly tougher to do.

lol Ves, i know, but still a legit question nonetheless

Even at 38.1 APM I only hit 4282. That's without double Adrenals though. http://parsely.io/parser/view/54905/9

Impale

Average time: 8,99

Max time: 11,4

Force Scream

Average time: 10,7

Max time: 16

Would be my guess where the problem lies. You seem to be delaying core abilitys by a lot from time to time. Shatter, Impale and Force Scream need to be used on cooldown, with Ravage and Smash basically used as "fillers"(yeah I know, Ravage isn't a filler^^) and VT on proc to get the autokrit for force scream. Remember that you can delay VT by quite alot since the proc has a 20sec(iirc) duration and icd.

I will hate you when you get revanchist :(

Did I mention I got a Revanchist as Jugg dps yesterday? :p

Edited by Torvai

Even at 38.1 APM I only hit 4282. That's without double Adrenals though. http://parsely.io/parser/view/54905/9

Impale

Average time: 8,99

Max time: 11,4

Force Scream

Average time: 10,7

Max time: 16

Would be my guess where the problem lies. You seem to be delaying core abilitys by a lot from time to time. Shatter, Impale and Force Scream need to be used on cooldown, with Ravage and Smash basically used as "fillers"(yeah I know, Ravage isn't a filler^^) and VT on proc to get the autokrit for force scream. Remember that you can delay VT by quite alot since the proc has a 20sec(iirc) duration and icd.

Think he hit is spot on. It is just as I mentioned in an above post regarding DoT up-time. The longer you delay your DoTs, the less DPS you're putting out. Fix this small issue, and you should see a significant increase in your DPS.

Did anyone get PTS access btw ?

Nope. I'm not even sure that there's player testing going on on the PTS atm. I mean, there definetly have to be new files on there with the amount of stuff getting mined, but for 3.0, even if it was closed, we knew there was testing. This time, nothing.

Unrelated question to those of you that killed Revan: How good or bad is 3.2k dps there?

Edited by Torvai