[3.0+] The Marksmanship I Sharpshooter Guide

DieGhostDie

Can someone explain, what to do if mine energy around ~60 and I just used x2 snipe, next I should use FT and Ambush (Rotation) and I don't have energy-restore CD, should I use Rifle Shot (And until what % I should use it?) or use free Overload (From utility)?

And is that worth to miss one-two FT if my energy already around 70%?

P.S. Also what kind of ability positive in terms of energy management?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain, what to do if mine energy around ~60 and I just used x2 snipe, next I should use FT and Ambush (Rotation) and I don't have energy-restore CD, should I use Rifle Shot (And until what % I should use it?) or use free Overload (From utility)?

And is that worth to miss one-two FT if my energy already around 70%?

P.S. Also what kind of ability positive in terms of energy management?

Yes, you should Rifle Shot/Overload Shot (From Calculated Pursuit) if you anticipate dipping down near or below 60 energy.

I also don't think it's worth missing FTs. I only miss out up to two in my new opener, and when Takedown is up, I merely replace FT with it.

None of the offensive abilities are energy positive other than using auto-attacks or Rifle Shot. FT might be close to it since it has a mere 5 energy cost, but kind of a stretch to be a one of them.

Welp. Armor reduces the damage. God do I feel stupid right now ><

Nonetheless, I still don't like takedown all that much, I'm going to keep using it instead of Followthrough sometimes like I posted earlier. Snipe crits nonstop are just too delicious.

500k dummy 4.7k? Hmmm I should try that. Highest I've gotten on the 1M dummy is 4250 but that's without adrenals and with my operation boss opener (CD->PB->FT->snipe->snipe-> then open like crazy) to not pull aggro.

Also, might as well ask this. Is corrosive dart worth it? Once you have 2-3stacks of snipe up, snipe does more damage than corrosive dart AND has much more crit chance.

Yes it has the 5% ranged debuff but on dummy you have the regulator, and on bosses we have a merc applying it nonstop. Snipers tell me yes you should use it. But I'd love to hear a detailed reason as to why. (Considering you can keep the snipe 5cost reduction up

Edited by Aerilas

Also, might as well ask this. Is corrosive dart worth it? Once you have 2-3stacks of snipe up, snipe does more damage than corrosive dart AND has much more crit chance.

Yes it has the 5% ranged debuff but on dummy you have the regulator, and on bosses we have a merc applying it nonstop. Snipers tell me yes you should use it. But I'd love to hear a detailed reason as to why. (Considering you can keep the snipe 5cost reduction up

Think of playing like a Lightning Sorc Pre 3.0. As Affliction is to Sorcs, Corrosive Dart is to Snipers. I'd say it's more worth it to use it especially in longer, sustained fights. Remember that it's important to land a CD first before initiating your rotation.

I know the discipline is purely burst, not sustained (because we have Virulence and Engineering (to a degree)), but at the very least, our Dart is our solace for minimal sustained damage.

I'm practicing MM/SS on the target dummy and I can't seem to get a decent parse. Best one I managed was 3.750 and most parses are around 3.600 with 186's mainhand and mostly 192's non-set stuff otherwise (auged with cunning and with a cunning stim, but no adrenal), but from what I hear with my gear I should be able to do more than 4k on the dummy (1 mil HP). I manage 4k with my Guardian with the same kind of gear, so I think it should be possible.

I follow the rotation as by this guide and changed enhancements in my gear to have: 0 - 200 Alacrity, 100 - 400 Crit, 100 - 300 Surge respectively, but with neither combination I don't see a significant difference.

What I do is, that I use Trickshot each time it is available (2xCharged Burst-TS, AS-TS, PR-TS), but if I understood the discussion above correctly that is not optimal and I should fill in more Charged Bursts. Anyway, if I do my rotation I don't have energy issues whatsoever but if I fill in Charge Bursts, my energy depletes quickly.

Another issue I have is, that I only can get to like 38 APM whereas I see parses with 40+ APM, how is this done? I have a decent ping (60ms) and set the ability que to 0.75 sec (also tried 1 sec), but it doesn't get better than that.

Any advise to help me get better with my rotation is highly appreciated. Translating this from the dummy into an actual bossfight will be the next step :)

Welp. Armor reduces the damage. God do I feel stupid right now ><

Nonetheless, I still don't like takedown all that much, I'm going to keep using it instead of Followthrough sometimes like I posted earlier. Snipe crits nonstop are just too delicious.

500k dummy 4.7k? Hmmm I should try that. Highest I've gotten on the 1M dummy is 4250 but that's without adrenals and with my operation boss opener (CD->PB->FT->snipe->snipe-> then open like crazy) to not pull aggro.

Vital Shot/Corrosive Dart does more damage than Charged Burst/Snipe. I think you're focusing too much on the numbers in the tooltips themselves and not taking into account the armor of your opponent. For example, on my tooltip with the 3 stacks of Honed Shots (but no other DPS boosts like relics proccing), Charged Burst/Snipe says it does 5165-6170 weapon damage. On the other hand, Vital Shot/Corrosive Dart, says it does 5021 internal damage. So VS/CD seems like it does less damage, right?

However, this is ignoring the fact that attacks that do "weapon damage" like Charged Burst/Snipe are reduced by armor, which is about a 35% reduction in damage IIRC, lowering your actual damage greatly. VS/CD does internal damage, which ignores the armor value of your opponent completely. Therefore, the damage it says on the tooltip is actually the damage it does unless your opponent is using a defensive cooldown or something like that to reduce the damage taken. Charged Burst/Snipe does have some significant advantages, though, as it has a 19% boost in Critical Chance and a 30% boost in Surge, which is not the case for VS/CD. However, the damage is still lower for Charged Burst/Snipe and both skills have the same energy cost when used properly so VS/CD is better.

If you want to see the math of calculating the damage, I basically made the assumption that I would crit roughly the amount of times I have on my stat sheet and took into account the Crit boost chance and Surge bonus for Charged Burst/Snipe and the lack of it (but armor-ignoring) nature of the internal damage of VS/CD. I didn't use the debuffs you normally put on a dummy, but they should be equal in a real boss fight assuming your team brings all the relevant debuffs.

So I have 28.62% Crit chance naturally and rounded it down to 28% for the sake of ease with 69.10% Surge. As stated before, my weapon damage on the tooltip Charged Burst/Snipe is 5165-6170 so I assumed a mean average of 5667.5 damage. This crits for 11284 due to the 30% Surge bonus for almost double damage. With a 19% boost in Crit chance in Sharpshooter/Marksman, you get a rough 47% chance to crit and 99.10 Surge boost. So if 53 attacks don't crit and 47 do, you would do 300377.5 (53 non-crits) + 530348 (47 crits) = 830725.5 weapon damage on average.

Now, these numbers are really high, right? You don't see them because your targets have armor, which reduce the damage of your attacks. Bosses in the game (and the operations training dummy) have a high armor of roughly 35% damage reduction IIRC. This gives us 830725.5 damage * .65 (armor reduction is 35%) = 539971.575 so you would get 540,000 damage on average from 100 Charged Bursts/Snipes.

If you look at VS/CD, it does 5021 damage on my tooltip and with a standard 69.10% Surge, it would crit on average for 8490.511 (not exactly accurate since it's not 1 attacks, but a DoT that ticks many times, but you get hte idea). With a 28% Crit chance, it should do 361512 (72 non-crits) + 237734.308 (28 crits) = 599246.308 internal damage.

Since this damage is internal, it is not reduced by armor (same is true for Elemental damage). Therefore, 100 applications of CD/VS would do roughly 599,246 damage while the same 100 applications of Charged Burst/Snipe would do roughly 540,000 damage with average crits. Thus, CD/VS does about 11% more damage than Charged Burst/Snipe.

Anyways, I'm not really a math guy so if my calculations are wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

Edited by Vaidinah

I'm just going to reply to a bunch of posts.

While I'm here posting other stuff , I might as well re-evaluate my opener. There will be some changes to the guide hopefully soon™, but for now, I'm going to post an opener of what I've been experimenting with so far (by the way, credits to ThomasCool aka Lunagazer for this).

Laze Target -> Orbital Strike -> Ambush -> Corrosive Dart -> PB -> Sniper Volley/Followthrough -> PB -> FT -> Snipe x2-> FT -> Ambush -> Snipe -> Corrosive Dart -> Followthrough.

There's a lot more information behind this logic at Dulfy.net, but I'll copy-pasta here:

http://gyazo.com/be06e4431ddc7ef631e48ffcc0fcd907 (Luna's original reply)

http://gyazo.com/d1c03c4a25f3f7fe997075fdb0fba070 (My reply)

http://gyazo.com/5eea54e0d2be70804dab6f3becfe5dc6 (My attempt (500k dummy))

WTB Thoughts and Criticisms cuz bored.

I don't see how this opener works without clipping the last tick from Corrosive Dart. I still have 1 GCD left before re-applying Corrosive Dart. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of using the first Trickshot/Followthrough from PB as it just slows down the next time you can use Aimed Shot/Ambush. Since the discipline is built around maximizing the amount of PBs + Aimed Shots/Ambushes with Charged Burst/Snipe + Trickshot/Followthrough as fillers, I don't find this works for me as well as just skipping the first Trickshot/Followthrough from PB and then going straight into the next PB.

My opener in Sniper terms is just Laze Target + Orbital Strike -> Ambush --> Corrosive Dart --> PB --> Sniper Volley + PB --> Followthrough --> Snipe x 2--> Followthrough --> Ambush --> Followthrough --> PB --> Followthrough --> Corrosive Dart. I can't say with 100% certainty it's the best, but it allows for massive burst without slowing down key skills and doesn't require the use of any energy management.

Also, Shulk, do you know why the top parses for Marksman are significantly lower than than for Sharpshooter? I see about 200-300 DPS difference in the 1 million section and I'm not sure how much of that is due to luck. You know if there are any faction-specific bugs to cause Sharpshooter to do more damage or Marksman to do less than normal? I don't have a Sniper so I can't check.

I just did some testing due to this thread and I got a 4932 parse on my 4th try (1st time not screwing up my rotation), but I didn't check how lucky I was and I don't have time to do more parsing right now so I don't know my average. I'm missing my mainhand hilt and I need 3 mods to be BiS, but that's about it. I'm sure a 5k parse is possible on the 1 million health dummy with BiS slot gear and/or super luck.

From looking at the parsely leaderboards, I have to wonder how the heck can I get 4.7k with Marksman too? I'm not parsing for hours or anything, but most I can eek out is 4.4k. parsely / stats (pictured is too much crit(359), but I did a parse afterward with 41 less and only saw a minimal DPS increase)

Do you notice anything off i'm doing or is it mainly a gear thing? I know that extra surge enhancement would be real good since I have like 40% crit overall, but I can't replace that until I get like 5 more things with accuracy in them. :( I guess it would make sense to be 300 DPS away from people who are close to 198 BiS with my best Virulence parse being 300 below the top, but I just wanna be sure.

To be fair, you are comparing a Sniper doing a 500k parse to yours on a 1 million health dummy. There's a huge difference in the amount of variation you get from killing a 500k dummy so it's hard to compare since you see higher and lower parses on 500k. Ideally, we'd all be using the 1.5 million dummy for more accuracy, but there seems to be little willingness in the community to use it, which skews the results. It seems like they're might be some specific bugs with Marksman compared to Sharpshooter since I was able to do 4932 on this 1 million health parse. I'm sure it's a lucky parse, but I don't know by how much since I don't have time right to test my average.

Looking at our parses, mine ends around 26 seconds before yours, but you used 21 Penetrating Blast to my 20, you had 8 more ticks of Corrosive Dart to my Vital Shot, the same 16 uses of Ambush to my Aimed Shot, 35 uses of Snipe to my 30 Charged Burst, same 47 uses of Followthrough to my Trickshot, same 6 uses of Takedown to my Quickdraw, and the same 3 ticks of Orbital Strike to my Freighter Flyby. You also had an extra auto-attack where I didn't use one. Anyways, it looks like you are doing almost everything correctly at least. The differences in our parses is mostly gear, luck, and probably a couple small things I can't determine right now.

For my gear, I have 100.14% Accuracy (772 Rating from 2 Implants, 4 Enhancements, and 1 Augment), 28.62% Crit Chance (496 Rating), 69.10% Surge (360 Surge Rating), 1.58% Alacrity (120 Alacrity Rating). My Cunning is 3878, Aim is 174, Power is 2261, and Tech Power is 2708.

I'm practicing MM/SS on the target dummy and I can't seem to get a decent parse. Best one I managed was 3.750 and most parses are around 3.600 with 186's mainhand and mostly 192's non-set stuff otherwise (auged with cunning and with a cunning stim, but no adrenal), but from what I hear with my gear I should be able to do more than 4k on the dummy (1 mil HP). I manage 4k with my Guardian with the same kind of gear, so I think it should be possible.

I follow the rotation as by this guide and changed enhancements in my gear to have: 0 - 200 Alacrity, 100 - 400 Crit, 100 - 300 Surge respectively, but with neither combination I don't see a significant difference.

What I do is, that I use Trickshot each time it is available (2xCharged Burst-TS, AS-TS, PR-TS), but if I understood the discussion above correctly that is not optimal and I should fill in more Charged Bursts. Anyway, if I do my rotation I don't have energy issues whatsoever but if I fill in Charge Bursts, my energy depletes quickly.

Another issue I have is, that I only can get to like 38 APM whereas I see parses with 40+ APM, how is this done? I have a decent ping (60ms) and set the ability que to 0.75 sec (also tried 1 sec), but it doesn't get better than that.

Any advise to help me get better with my rotation is highly appreciated. Translating this from the dummy into an actual bossfight will be the next step :)

It's hard to say without seeing a parse and gear makes a significant difference, especially if you don't have the set bonuses. It's easiest if you look at a top parse done in Sharpshooter/Marksman, go to the Rotation and Abiilty usage tabs and see what the actual rotation is of the player doing it. If you are doing pretty much what the person is doing, your rotation is solid and you just need the gear to make up for it. You can also look directly at the number of times a skill was used in the "Damage Done" tab to compare to your own usages of the same skill.

Edited by Vaidinah

I don't see how this opener works without clipping the last tick from Corrosive Dart. I still have 1 GCD left before re-applying Corrosive Dart. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of using the first Trickshot/Followthrough from PB as it just slows down the next time you can use Aimed Shot/Ambush. Since the discipline is built around maximizing the amount of PBs + Aimed Shots/Ambushes with Charged Burst/Snipe + Trickshot/Followthrough as fillers, I don't find this works for me as well as just skipping the first Trickshot/Followthrough from PB and then going straight into the next PB.

My opener in Sniper terms is just Laze Target + Orbital Strike -> Ambush --> Corrosive Dart --> PB --> Sniper Volley + PB --> Followthrough --> Snipe x 2--> Followthrough --> Ambush --> Followthrough --> PB --> Followthrough --> Corrosive Dart. I can't say with 100% certainty it's the best, but it allows for massive burst without slowing down key skills and doesn't require the use of any energy management.

Also, Shulk, do you know why the top parses for Marksman are significantly lower than than for Sharpshooter? I see about 200-300 DPS difference in the 1 million section and I'm not sure how much of that is due to luck. You know if there are any faction-specific bugs to cause Sharpshooter to do more damage or Marksman to do less than normal? I don't have a Sniper so I can't check.

Not that I am aware of. I'm not an expert in math as well, but I will probably consult with KBN or other computer programming experts if they have any idea.

I will be honest: I'm 1 Power Mod and 1 ACC/Power enhancement away from BiS, but for some reason, my highest parse has been like 4700. Looking at the Parsely leaderboards, I think there might be a faction imbalance going on.

As for the rest of your analysis, I'll give it a try. I'm always looking for ways to maximize the burst from our key abilities without being slowed down by Followthrough/Trickshots. :)

By the way, impressive parse man. :p

EDIT: Couldn't find my 4700 log, but I took a Gyazo of one of my average parses. https://gyazo.com/8ba63467fa11b0d095f2c17079126198

EDIT2: Just did one full parse using your rotation.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/8810/1

Edited by DieGhostDie

I just did some testing due to this thread and I got a 4932 parse on my 4th try (1st time not screwing up my rotation), but I didn't check how lucky I was and I don't have time to do more parsing right now so I don't know my average. I'm missing my mainhand hilt and I need 3 mods to be BiS, but that's about it. I'm sure a 5k parse is possible on the 1 million health dummy with BiS slot gear and/or super luck.

Bioware pls. -_-

It's hard to say without seeing a parse and gear makes a significant difference, especially if you don't have the set bonuses. It's easiest if you look at a top parse done in Sharpshooter/Marksman, go to the Rotation and Abiilty usage tabs and see what the actual rotation is of the player doing it. If you are doing pretty much what the person is doing, your rotation is solid and you just need the gear to make up for it. You can also look directly at the number of times a skill was used in the "Damage Done" tab to compare to your own usages of the same skill.

Thanks for adressing my problems. I did a lot of parsing since and I am slowly getting better. Still stuck with 186 mainhand, but 192's for the rest with 2 new set armorings and 2 old (180s) set armorings. I have a feeling that the old 2-pc (new 4-pc) is really handy for energy management, so I keep the old armorings.

Anyway I managed to do a 4.1k parse on the 500k dummy, which I think is not too bad. I also managed to get my apm up from 37.5 to 39 - 39.5, which I feel is a good improvement. But since I am mashing buttons much quicker now, a mistake in my rotation will screw my energy management and that still happens a lot. So with the 1m dummy I am scratching the 4k mark, but didn't cross that line yet.

I do think I have my mistakes in the rotation identified, which is energy management. At one point I will start into a channel of penetrating rounds with too less energy and the channel will bring me below the 60% energy mark. If I don't have either Illegal Mods or Cool Head ready when that happens, I'm screwed. i think what get's me too low in the first place is bad timing of Vital Shot.

That brings my two questions:

1. do you delay PR if energy is too low? Or do you have your timing of IM and CH down to the point, that it will always be available if needed?

2. If energy is too low and VS needs to be delayed, what are you exactly doing rotation wise? Fill in a Flurry of Bolts and VS immediately afterwards or just skipping VS and use whenever energy allows again?

A possible imbalance between two-handed weapons & dual wielding?

Not that I am aware of. I'm not an expert in math as well, but I will probably consult with KBN or other computer programming experts if they have any idea.

I will be honest: I'm 1 Power Mod and 1 ACC/Power enhancement away from BiS, but for some reason, my highest parse has been like 4700. Looking at the Parsely leaderboards, I think there might be a faction imbalance going on.

As for the rest of your analysis, I'll give it a try. I'm always looking for ways to maximize the burst from our key abilities without being slowed down by Followthrough/Trickshots. :)

By the way, impressive parse man. :p

EDIT: Couldn't find my 4700 log, but I took a Gyazo of one of my average parses. https://gyazo.com/8ba63467fa11b0d095f2c17079126198

EDIT2: Just did one full parse using your rotation.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/8810/1

Thanks. Anyways, I think the extra crit I run (496 Crit Rating) helps significantly with my parse since we get 30% Surge bonuses on almost all our skills. I can't say with any certainty that it's the main difference, but if you have extra crit mods/enhancements, it might be worth a shot. I mentioned the possibility of faction-specific bug because from what I understand, there are at least a few in the game right now in general. Sages do less damage than Sorcs, Juggernaut Saber Reflect reflects way more damage than Guardian's, and so on.

Thanks for adressing my problems. I did a lot of parsing since and I am slowly getting better. Still stuck with 186 mainhand, but 192's for the rest with 2 new set armorings and 2 old (180s) set armorings. I have a feeling that the old 2-pc (new 4-pc) is really handy for energy management, so I keep the old armorings.

Anyway I managed to do a 4.1k parse on the 500k dummy, which I think is not too bad. I also managed to get my apm up from 37.5 to 39 - 39.5, which I feel is a good improvement. But since I am mashing buttons much quicker now, a mistake in my rotation will screw my energy management and that still happens a lot. So with the 1m dummy I am scratching the 4k mark, but didn't cross that line yet.

I do think I have my mistakes in the rotation identified, which is energy management. At one point I will start into a channel of penetrating rounds with too less energy and the channel will bring me below the 60% energy mark. If I don't have either Illegal Mods or Cool Head ready when that happens, I'm screwed. i think what get's me too low in the first place is bad timing of Vital Shot.

That brings my two questions:

1. do you delay PR if energy is too low? Or do you have your timing of IM and CH down to the point, that it will always be available if needed?

2. If energy is too low and VS needs to be delayed, what are you exactly doing rotation wise? Fill in a Flurry of Bolts and VS immediately afterwards or just skipping VS and use whenever energy allows again?

Even though the old set bonuses is more useful for energy management when using Quickdraw, the boost you get in DPS is well worth it for the new ones so I'd recommend getting that when you can. It's good that your APM is going up as well. My parse had 40.84 compared to 39.5, but I also run 1 alacrity enhancement so my rotation is a bit faster than yours is probably since my cooldowns are slightly lower than yours, but there's still some work to be done there. To answer your questions:

1) I do my best to make sure I have energy available for PR as it's coming up as it's our highest damaging skill in general. If I saw I was going to be too low to use it as it was coming up, I'd use Flurry of Bolts or Quick Shot (if I have the utility that makes it free, though, I usually don't take it) beforehand.

2) You can afford to delay VS by a short time so I try to use Trickshot if I don't have the energy for VS at the time since Trickshot's only real job in our rotation is energy management and to bridge the gaps in our rotation. I keep up VS pretty much the entire time when playing, though. My priorities may be a bit unusual in that I save Illegal Arms for energy management so that I can keep all my key skills on cooldown and try to use Adrenaline Probe in between to maintain the rotation. Since the rotation is slightly energy negative, I use Illegal Arms first, Adrenaline Probe, and then Illegal Arms again so I don't have to slow down. Ideally, I stay in cover as much as possible to keep the energy regen boost we have.

A possible imbalance between two-handed weapons & dual wielding?

It's possible as there have been slight imbalances in the past with this, but they have been really minor from what I recall.

Even though the old set bonuses is more useful for energy management when using Quickdraw, the boost you get in DPS is well worth it for the new ones so I'd recommend getting that when you can. It's good that your APM is going up as well. My parse had 40.84 compared to 39.5, but I also run 1 alacrity enhancement so my rotation is a bit faster than yours is probably since my cooldowns are slightly lower than yours, but there's still some work to be done there. To answer your questions:

1) I do my best to make sure I have energy available for PR as it's coming up as it's our highest damaging skill in general. If I saw I was going to be too low to use it as it was coming up, I'd use Flurry of Bolts or Quick Shot (if I have the utility that makes it free, though, I usually don't take it) beforehand.

2) You can afford to delay VS by a short time so I try to use Trickshot if I don't have the energy for VS at the time since Trickshot's only real job in our rotation is energy management and to bridge the gaps in our rotation. I keep up VS pretty much the entire time when playing, though. My priorities may be a bit unusual in that I save Illegal Arms for energy management so that I can keep all my key skills on cooldown and try to use Adrenaline Probe in between to maintain the rotation. Since the rotation is slightly energy negative, I use Illegal Arms first, Adrenaline Probe, and then Illegal Arms again so I don't have to slow down. Ideally, I stay in cover as much as possible to keep the energy regen boost we have.

I don't have more than 2 new set pieces yet, so I run 2pc + 2pc right now, figuring that the old 2pc bonus (+15 energy with Illegal Mods and reduced CD) is better than 2 plain 192 armorings. I dnn't use the old 4pc.

I am right now also trying to keep IM for energy management, and if I get it right it works like a charm.

I'm still facing some inconsitencies between different dummy parses. Sometimes my CD's align perfectly, and sometimes I seem to be slightly ahead (meaning the e.g. aimed shot is not off CD yet, when it actually should be, by a margin of 0.5 sec or so, I'm running 1 pc. alacrity, maybe I should take that out). When this happens I use Flurry of Bolts with heps me with energy, but is a dps loss, I guess.

Just want to say some of the higher parses (not all tho u have to check the logs on what ones are) that are being put onto the parsely leaderboards are using the bug with the double proc relic. Just thought i would mention that in case people are trying to chase the numbers.

Just want to say some of the higher parses (not all tho u have to check the logs on what ones are) that are being put onto the parsely leaderboards are using the bug with the double proc relic. Just thought i would mention that in case people are trying to chase the numbers.

We are aware. My philosophy is using Cool Under Pressure/Vital Regulators with both Revanite Relics is okay (because they don't double proc). Using it with Resurrected FR Relic, however, is a big no-no.

Edited by DieGhostDie

For people doing more than ~4.2, is that in 192 or a mix of 192/198 gear?

192 BiS with a revanite implant, relic, and a 198 enhancement or two for me. So sort of a mix of 192/198, but not a ton of 198.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

As far as I know, in strictly 192s, 4.2k should be within the common averages. A mix of 192/198 will produce even higher results.

This includes a 192's mainhand?

I ask, because I'm missing it and I can do 4k consistently but 4.2 seems out of range for me. Also don't have any 198s.

This includes a 192's mainhand?

I ask, because I'm missing it and I can do 4k consistently but 4.2 seems out of range for me. Also don't have any 198s.

Mainhand is very important as the hilt alone increases your DPS by about 60-70 DPS per tier from what I understand. It's by far the most important upgrade for any DPS.

Edited by Vaidinah

Apparently having the ability queue thing set to 1s helps significantly with the APM (getting 39-40 now at the end of a parse on the 1m hp dummy) & ability delay (mostly noticable on Vital Shot tbh), so hopefully that'll help with my dps over all though now I'm running into the occasional energy issue (though coolhead is usually available & more practice on the dummy should help there).

Apparently having the ability queue thing set to 1s helps significantly with the APM (getting 39-40 now at the end of a parse on the 1m hp dummy) & ability delay (mostly noticable on Vital Shot tbh), so hopefully that'll help with my dps over all though now I'm running into the occasional energy issue (though coolhead is usually available & more practice on the dummy should help there).

ha, you are going through exactly the same steps and problems as myself :)

I'm having ~39.5 apm now consistently and keeping up energy is an issue for me as well. I found when I do everything right, not clipping VS, using cool head and illegal mods wisely it is very manageable. But I need a lot more practising to pull it off in every parse and in reality as well, ofc.

E: what I want to say is: practice is key :D

Edited by Kacynski

i had the same problems quite for a while in dummy parses as i began to stack alacrity. u have to change ur rotation quite a bit to fit it again. the main problem energy wise is the timing of VS and filler charged burst. if u get that right u shouldnt have an energy problems.

Yeah, I tend to let VS wander through the rotation so it's not clipped (too much), I do rarely have energy issues & I think it's when I use Charged Burst "too much" (ie, so they don't get the energy cost reduction) & dip down into a lower energy level with Cool Head/etc not available (I think).