Anyone else think the new pack...

Hendar

Anyone else think the new pack looks like stuff from 80's cartoons? Especially the helmets look like they were inspired by old 80's characters. The Nefarious Bandit's helmet looks like Matt Trakker's helmet from M.A.S.K and the Silent Ghost helmet looks like Shockwave's head. Inspired or not! I really love the sets in the new pack, they look great!

Nefarious Bandit - Matt Trakker

Silent Ghost - Shockwave

What? You don't see any resemblance between this and this? None at all?

But you see a semblance to this?

Not sure why you're making such a big deal out of me not seeing it with the first helmet you posted but seeing it with Shockwave. :p But yeah I don't see it, there are tons of variations of Shockwave. I just posted one typical picture of him, a few of the others has more the head shape that the helmet has.

Edited by Hendar

Wait, there is a whole Appleseed anime? I only saw Appleseed Alpha, and I thought that it was just start of something, and never heard more about it since that

There is a miniseries that I know of for certain. I read the manta, and then watched one of the anime, but the name implied there were others.

Isn't that awesome?

Not sure why you're making such a big deal out of me not seeing it with the first helmet you posted but seeing it with Shockwave. :p But yeah I don't see it, there are tons of variations of Shockwave. I just posted one typical picture of him, a few of the others has more the head shape that the helmet has.

It's just that shockwave is... well... his head is a square with a glowing dot in it. And that's basically all the likness... a glowing dot.

I'm looking at the entire helmet, not just the fact that there's a dot (could be hal9000 then :p )

Wait, there is a whole Appleseed anime? I only saw Appleseed Alpha, and I thought that it was just start of something, and never heard more about it since that

There's at least two more movies (that were made before alpha) and a miniseries IIRC.

Might be confusing the miniseries with being a movie.

I have never played Destiny, and I see some resemblance in some of the designs with pictures that were posted, but I think that you could find a lot of similarity in earlier designs, too, if you looked for them.

It may be intentional. At least to a degree. A designer sees a look that they like and tweaks it for inclusion in the game.

Might be from Destiny, might be from Robotech, might be a historical reference.

I mean, Darth Vader's look was inspired by samurai designs, and C-3PO bore more than a passing resemblance in some preproduction sketches to Maria from Metropolis, and much of that can still be seen in the final design, though I doubt anyone would call him a clone.

Besides, Anakin had never even seen Metropolis. :csw_c3po::rod_tongue_g:

ah, appleseed, the inferior Little sister of Ghost in the Shell ^^

appleseed is from the late 80s or early 90s ...

watch the 2004 Appleseed movie

edit: well, here it is ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndhqr6mnbUU

and why is it that the Gold Armor Sets are always cheaper in in auction house then the Silver stuff?

Edited by Hitomo_x

Anyone else think the new pack looks like stuff from 80's cartoons? Especially the helmets look like they were inspired by old 80's characters. The Nefarious Bandit's helmet looks like Matt Trakker's helmet from M.A.S.K and the Silent Ghost helmet looks like Shockwave's head. Inspired or not! I really love the sets in the new pack, they look great!

Nefarious Bandit - Matt Trakker

Silent Ghost - Shockwave

Have you watched SW Rebels? Feels like SW is going back to the 80's look and feel and for that I am really glad!

man, call me crazy ...

I watched the movie I linked before myself for the first time in 8years now

but it seems to me a lot of the design of the game here has its influences in that movie or appleseed in general,

or maybe its just because I am playin swtor for the last 2 weeks ^^

watch the endsequenze of the movie, starting at 1:30:30

(the beginning is also cool)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndhqr6mnbUU

have fun :rolleyes:

It's just that shockwave is... well... his head is a square with a glowing dot in it. And that's basically all the likness... a glowing dot.

I'm looking at the entire helmet, not just the fact that there's a dot (could be hal9000 then :p )

True but I meant like he looks like in Dark of the Moon, like I said he's had several designs and the one there his head is more human shaped? If that makes sense and he has those plates on the side below the eye like the Ghost set does but I get it. Yeah, I don't play Destiny though so my fist thought was Shockwave, don't have enough money to buy any of the new stuff. :p

How do these two helmets look similar? They don't look alike even the tiniest bit.

M.A.S.K. rules! But that bandit helmet is not worth being compared to Matt Trakker's helmet.

More the upper part than anything of the rest, I reckon M.A.S.K has borrowed a lot from Star Wars though. Yeah M.A.S.K is awesome!

Edited by Hendar

There's at least two more movies (that were made before alpha) and a miniseries IIRC.

Might be confusing the miniseries with being a movie.

Ah, found it, Appleseed Alpha is apparently a reboot directed by the same guy who did the previous movies.

But no word if they will continue with it...