Inbound Bug Fixes

TaitWatson

I would just like to mention to all the *** hats out there who are complaining about the closed beta testing and how we didn't "properly" test the expansion, that we did on a frequent basis report bugs and errors. Was everything that we reported fixed? No, but a lot of the bugs that are out since launch are not ones that were on the pts. So stop implying that you all could have tested the beta better. You can't test what isn't there. That is all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really looking forward to this expansion and also had some days off from work. But I did stop now until the worst bugs - mostly the missing strings - are solved. I am usually patient and know that bugs occur after a big update but this time there are just too many and the Early Access week became worthless for me :(

[sarcasm] No, no, no! Thank you for allowing us to beta test your expansion! Surely your QA department* enjoyed the time off! [/sarcasm]

*(Well, I'm sure they would have enjoyed time off, if you guys even had a (competent) QA department. :rolleyes:)

This in a nutshell.

That's called "a billion people are playing right now". It's not "lag", it's literal no-quotes lag -- not a bug. They're not going to boot people from the servers to reduce the load, nor can they magically overhaul the entire engine in a couple days, so you have to deal with it.

They should have gotten their servers in order for the launch. They knew this was coming, its not unexpected for more people to be logging in on release of a new expansion...

They should have gotten their servers in order for the launch. They knew this was coming, its not unexpected for more people to be logging in on release of a new expansion...

Exactly...

It doesn't take Einstien to figure that out...

Anyone with any IT experience and business training could recognise that the current system was going to have big issues when it was released

People even posted here months ago suggesting they do something to fix the hardware and game engine before 3.0...

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that we are aiming to release a patch in the coming week to address some of the issues that have cropped up since Tuesday. While I don’t have an exact day or time yet, I will post as soon as I do. For now, though, I wanted you to know what we’re trying to get fixed (with the typical disclaimer of "nothing is final until it goes live"):

• “The Enemy Within” fight issues.

• Mission Reward Gear Packs giving the wrong/incomplete gear.

• The tree used to summon the Tonitran Beast on the Mission “Jungle’s Bounty.”

• “The Ravagers” final encounter loot not dropping.

• “Temple of Sacrifice” final encounter loot not dropping.

• The display issue that causes Prefab Decorations to not appear after being picked up/replaced.

We are working diligently on these and other issues that have come up in order to get things corrected as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

-Tait

Ah I missed "Revan" = "The Enemy Within" Fight, so it gets fixed. Stupid me:D

What about missing strings in german client and bugged accuracy rating?

French strings too. Most of the post quest mails we get are plain blank, some dialog options or taxi destination too. Also some craft recipes have no text and don't show in the inventory. Other (the same?) have blank listing in the GTN.

Is there any way to get the mails back (with text) even in English?

Edited by Nkya

It's astonishing to me that you're going to allow an entire week to pass by without fixing Enemy Within.

Revan is the final boss and namesake of your expansion, a fight you've been teasing for months, and he's broken. This is one of the biggest fails I can recall in this game's history.

It's hard for me to even understand how a fight so broken made it through testing. I mean someone should have noticed that the fight only works about 1 in 10 tries. If you're lucky.

This a thousand times. It's truly pathetic....

Still no fix on the climactic fight that the whole Forged Alliances and Shadow of Revan led up to?

Poor show, Bioware, poor show. This really beggars belief.

I love this game, you might even call me a fanboy. But you are really trying my patience here.

I was getting increasingly frustrated with the bugs, but presto! problem for me solved when..... new bug prevents ANY of my toons from completing final dialog in ANY of the new-content missions. So since I can no longer play, I'm no longer bothered by the bugs. ... er, wait....

Could do with rest xp getting fixed as well. Accrues at WILDLY different rates on what seems to be a class-by-class basis. My smugglers have barely touched the content, sitting at around half to 2/3 of a level after almost a week, my consulars had full rest xp within a couple of days.

How in god's name can you break so many basic systems in one go?

Could do with rest xp getting fixed as well. Accrues at WILDLY different rates on what seems to be a class-by-class basis. My smugglers have barely touched the content, sitting at around half to 2/3 of a level after almost a week, my consulars had full rest xp within a couple of days.

How in god's name can you break so many basic systems in one go?

the amount of rested xp earn is different for different levels, that could be part of the issue

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that we are aiming to release a patch in the coming week to address some of the issues that have cropped up since Tuesday. While I don’t have an exact day or time yet, I will post as soon as I do. For now, though, I wanted you to know what we’re trying to get fixed (with the typical disclaimer of "nothing is final until it goes live"):

• “The Enemy Within” fight issues.

• Mission Reward Gear Packs giving the wrong/incomplete gear.

• The tree used to summon the Tonitran Beast on the Mission “Jungle’s Bounty.”

• “The Ravagers” final encounter loot not dropping.

• “Temple of Sacrifice” final encounter loot not dropping.

• The display issue that causes Prefab Decorations to not appear after being picked up/replaced.

We are working diligently on these and other issues that have come up in order to get things corrected as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

-Tait

Some other stuff to add to your list of things to fix:

1. Revisit the Nova Blade NPCs and give them the proper voices. You have all of them with females voices when their NPC bodies are male. (You also have some Basic Vendors on Rishi that have the wrong voice over. One is a consular with a female body, but a male robotic sounding voice.

2. Tank Vanguard Trooper's new ability: Ion Storm is bugged. The animation and the actual area of where the ability the attack reaches is off. The animation makes it appear that it covers a pretty good chunk of the area it covers like the Mortar Volley, but it doesn't. It actually has a very narrow range and reach. (Aside from the sound it makes sounds like someone blowing their nose too hard). I also notice that it misses the enemies on the right side, despite that the animation clearly shows that they are within the animated ability.

3. Lag. I have full signal bars on both my WiFi connection and the in game connection, yet I still get lag. Already did everything I could on my end, but still not fixed. Also, I have spent over $4,000 on a Gaming computer JUST for this Game, so my specs aren't the issue.

4. The datacrons and the codexs/stat boosts on Rishi. I spent close to 2 and a half hours just to get the datacrons, only to find out that it's bugged and showed no signs of the codexs or the stat boosts, after cracking open the rock.

5, This one is a bug you've had since day one of the game's release and I've been saying it and reporting it over and over with no results: I know that BioWare took out the Trooper War Hero and Elite War Hero gear for new PvP gear, but I still use the gear on my Trooper and his companions. The bug I'm reporting is that the flaps on the side of the hips tend to stretch out during cutscenes like they were elastic. It's like my Trooper has tail wings on his hips like a jet plane. Comical, but only after the first 10 times. Now, its annoying. This has been a glitch/bug since before the expansion. LINK: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=676282

Edited by Koichi

I've read through a lot of this thread and didn't notice the SoR problem that I'm having mentioned. During the initial cut scene where you go the the planet Rishi there is part where you're on your ship. Then it ask you to spacebar to continue after a load screen. I've tried this with two different characters and both times my screen stays black after I press the requested key. Costumer Service told me that multiple people are having this issue, but I don't see people talking about this here. Is anyone else having this problem? I hope I haven't lost my two favorite characters.

One more important thing to fix:

Doing hard mode flashpoint at level 60 is NOT counted to weekly quest!

I can confirm this. I've completed five in total on three different characters, and not one has counted towards the Weekly.

I can confirm this. I've completed five in total on three different characters, and not one has counted towards the Weekly.

Same. Did it a few times (Which is pretty difficult with the some of the regular mobs being more of a threat than the actual bosses).

Glad to hear a fix is coming.

However, it's not just prefab decorations that are broken; mounts and pets are broken as are several individual items not easily categorized. What needs to happen at Bioware is someone competent has to go through the decoration menu ITEM BY ITEM, to make sure that the source menus match the overall catelogue. This just requires some accuracy and that someone conscious who is paying attention gets on this job.

As for the completely broken GSF, why no fix for that?

As far as I'm concerned, this should confirm the need for (a) open beta testing and (b) employees that actually PLAY this game and test their bug-ridden code before unleashing it on paying customers.

YES YES YES

Thank you .,.... now I know why half my stronghold decorations are gone, missing.... thank you.