Why I'm no longer playing concealment/srapper

vennian

This... except healers still die unless they are getting peels from allies. The reason I posted voidstar screen is because even if we wipe them non-stop they spawn on top of us. On the other maps there is too much down time after team wipes. Im pretty sure i have a 1800 coast somewhere... and I know I saw someone from the EU severs post a screen of 2k dps on coast as well.

Was prob. my screenie with the 2k dps on coast,

Here is a fresh 2k dps screenie from 10 mins ago in yolo ranked.

http://i.imgur.com/TCfbEjF.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FoE_Khorne, do you happen to have something more than screenshots? A video of (at least semi-competitive) match maybe? I'm asking because it looks like you are a good player and it would be nice to see how you manage to get such numbers.

This... except healers still die unless they are getting peels from allies. The reason I posted voidstar screen is because even if we wipe them non-stop they spawn on top of us. On the other maps there is too much down time after team wipes. Im pretty sure i have a 1800 coast somewhere... and I know I saw someone from the EU severs post a screen of 2k dps on coast as well.

Oh show me how you do it sempai! :eek:

I normally just get instantly focused as soon as I'm out of stealth :/ Sorc and PTs just pwn my sorry butt.

Edited by ArielRebel

Just got a new personal record in regs.. still doesnt beat my highest arena match though.

http://tinypic.com/r/2vnhmww/8

The other teams dps just didnt pressure us at all and their healers got focused hard.

(that 13k hit was from bloodthirst + relic proc)

@the guy that asked about videos. Im trying to remember to record stuff when I can. Ive been pretty busy with the holidays and whatnot. I actually have that match in the screenshot recorded. Ill see if I can get it uploaded. I want to try to run some more 4's in the coming weeks though.

Gearing wise im at ~25.9% crit and im using 4 alacrity enhancements to get to 6.3 energy regen, the rest are in surge. I will probably drop a crit mod once the ship bolster stuff is fixed to make up for some of the power lost. Full cunning augments too atm.

Utilities i run these

Edited by FoE_Khorne

Just got a new personal record in regs.. still doesnt beat my highest arena match though.

http://tinypic.com/r/2vnhmww/8

The other teams dps just didnt pressure us at all and their healers got focused hard.

(that 13k hit was from bloodthirst + relic proc)

@the guy that asked about videos. Im trying to remember to record stuff when I can. Ive been pretty busy with the holidays and whatnot. I actually have that match in the screenshot recorded. Ill see if I can get it uploaded. I want to try to run some more 4's in the coming weeks though.

Gearing wise im at ~25.9% crit and im using 4 alacrity enhancements to get to 6.3 energy regen, the rest are in surge. I will probably drop a crit mod once the ship bolster stuff is fixed to make up for some of the power lost. Full cunning augments too atm.

Utilities i run these

Honestly I don't care about dps numbers because I'm one of the few individuals on ToFN that actually plays objectives. IMO objectives>damage be it caping/stalling enemy off nodes or guarding ours and trying to be first cap(civil war most of the time NC first cap means nothing) or getting in position for passes in hutt ball or carrying the team like a pro in QHB. I'm not calling you a mindless dps monkey (bc I've personally played against you on PoT5) but some of these people:rolleyes: all I'll say is if you want loltarded dps roll a sorc or sin.

Personally i like what they did for PVP in 3.0(yes I know I'm a sinner of sorts) my off nodeing is better id say and defense wise I am fairly ok with it, although I would prefer some utility changes but other than that I am ok with it. In the few matches I've done on ToFN have been ok but there is a reason for it being know as Tards of freedon naad.... That and getting 4 matches in a row of 4 AP PT teams.

Also side note.... What does FoE stand for

Honestly I don't care about dps numbers because I'm one of the few individuals on ToFN that actually plays objectives. IMO objectives>damage be it caping/stalling enemy off nodes or guarding ours and trying to be first cap(civil war most of the time NC first cap means nothing) or getting in position for passes in hutt ball or carrying the team like a pro in QHB. I'm not calling you a mindless dps monkey (bc I've personally played against you on PoT5) but some of these people:rolleyes: all I'll say is if you want loltarded dps roll a sorc or sin.

Personally i like what they did for PVP in 3.0(yes I know I'm a sinner of sorts) my off nodeing is better id say and defense wise I am fairly ok with it, although I would prefer some utility changes but other than that I am ok with it. In the few matches I've done on ToFN have been ok but there is a reason for it being know as Tards of freedon naad.... That and getting 4 matches in a row of 4 AP PT teams.

Also side note.... What does FoE stand for

I would tend to agree with you for regs. But a good death match in a 8v8 is fun on occasion :D Ive done plenty of games where my stealth caps, huttball rolling, rolling/healing/interupting while our team caps the other node, and offnode ganking has saved the day. Yeah if you want high dps numbers madness is where its at. Ive seen over 3k a couple of times.

I think 3.0 has been a good improvement. There are a couple things that need to be changed/toned down of course, but it has been a step in the right direction. For concealment it has been fantastic IMO.

And FoE stands for fist of the empire. A guild that doesnt play swtor anymore, but ive been a member of for going on 5 years. They are currently rofl-stomping people in Archeage... Which I tried and was not my cup of tea.

As for what I think needs to be changed to improve things...

• Jarring strike should be baseline for concealment
  • marauders need a little something more for dealing with chain roots
  • AP burst needs to be toned down slightly (something like 5-10% but shouldnt reduce overall dps) and shoulder cannon back to 1sec internal
  • the dot spread on sorc/sins needs to be toned down and fixed so they cant spread other players dots with it.
  • snipers and mercs both still need a little love when it comes to defensives in pvp
  • lethality needs... something to help it be viable in pvp. personally though im fine with it being the pve spec
  • the white bar should last another 3-6 seconds

Obviously there are more, but those are things that stick out to me. Bottom line for me is that even with all the QQ flying around the forums, they are moving in the right direction...

Im curious to see how TTK is effected by the ship part bolster fix though

The problem here is that whenever they balance for pvp, they mess up pve. And vice versa.

I saw a lot of epeen in prev posts. I also noticed the first screenshot, there were no healers. Ever stop to wonder why? I stopped pvping because of what people do to healers. Somewhere, it became how you think about yourselves instead of being a game. And for other people, it stops being fun to be around those who only care how well they gank/dominate smash healers.

There are games like League of Legends for those of you who really believe in yourselves. The classes have to be balanced for pve'ers as well as pvp'ers and what works well for one, doesn't necessarliy do a darned thing for the other.

You've forgotten yourselves. It's not all about you.

As for what I think needs to be changed to improve things...

• Jarring strike should be baseline for concealment
  • marauders need a little something more for dealing with chain roots
  • AP burst needs to be toned down slightly (something like 5-10% but shouldnt reduce overall dps) and shoulder cannon back to 1sec internal
  • the dot spread on sorc/sins needs to be toned down and fixed so they cant spread other players dots with it.
  • snipers and mercs both still need a little love when it comes to defensives in pvp
  • lethality needs... something to help it be viable in pvp. personally though im fine with it being the pve spec
  • the white bar should last another 3-6 seconds

Obviously there are more, but those are things that stick out to me. Bottom line for me is that even with all the QQ flying around the forums, they are moving in the right direction...

Im curious to see how TTK is effected by the ship part bolster fix though

I agree with all of this, honestly there are a lot of good ideas in the forums for how to fix the game, it's just a matter of sorting through the Q.Qers and actual good players

Can anyone explain why they removed our knockdown for? (Haven't played since early RoTHC)

I would very much like to strangle the idiot who's bright idea this was.

It was to "tone down"some CC and Bc people started to complain that dps ops were OP after what was it 2.5 that they buffed our damage(instead of defense as we asked for) so people had teams of "stun locking" operatives going around and killing them. Also they said that the game engine didn't support this kind of animation very well so it strained it heavily at times, so to alleviate this they removed it as well. A lot of people found this a load of BS Bc everyone knows that guardian and juggernaut's animation of shatter/overhead slash and impale/plasma brand(and now vengeful slam and what ever guardians have) really suck the life out of the engine and kill FPS

Edited by Adovir

Can anyone explain why they removed our knockdown for? (Haven't played since early RoTHC)

They lazily removed it due to terrible players flooding the PVP forums with QQ about operatives when everyone was getting back on their conc ops to try out the buffs, after about 2 weeks we went back down to our low numbers like nothing happened, lol.

Instead of just shortening the KD animation to 1.5s like it should be, instead of 3s (like how it was still, stun was 1.5s and KD animation was 3 sec), they just removed it completely.

They wanted to lessen the stuns and operative had a rep for "stunlock to death". So they nerfed the knockdown.

They lazily removed it due to terrible players flooding the PVP forums with QQ about operatives when everyone was getting back on their conc ops to try out the buffs, after about 2 weeks we went back down to our low numbers like nothing happened, lol.

Instead of just shortening the KD animation to 1.5s like it should be, instead of 3s (like how it was still, stun was 1.5s and KD animation was 3 sec), they just removed it completely.

Think it was a total of 9 days after patch that they announced the knockdown nerf. This was of course announced after musco emphatically stated operatives were not going to be nerfed. Of course they deleted the thread that contained that promise for good measure.