3.0 Ebon Hawk PvP Leaderboards

Warlockanap

TL;DR = Just because I can burst 40k hp in 10 seconds doesn't mean I have 4k sustained/overall DPS.

Cooldowns, procs, actually being allowed to free cast - these are all things to consider.

The leaderboards are for actual achievements, not dummy parses.

And how exactly is this any less of an "achievement" than records made by players and teams artificially dragging out games that should be quick wins by not capping mid or planting bombs cause they're farming for crits, kills, and damage/healing stats?

I'd actually say that this is more legit record than a lot of the numbers padding that goes on in by players desperate to be on these leaderboards since the game shut down early.

Edited by Prisoner

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how exactly is this any less of an "achievement" than records made by players and teams artificially dragging out games that should be quick wins by not capping mid or planting bombs cause they're farming for crits, kills, and damage/healing stats?

I'd actually say that this is more legit record than a lot of the numbers padding that goes on in by players desperate to be on these leaderboards since the game shut down early.

You seem to be misunderstanding me.

I'm not saying the stats are fixed in any way or artificially manufactured. As it was explained earlier, Overall DPS is based off an average that occurs of the span of time consumed. When a match ends in 30 seconds (which hardly counts as a match at all), there isn't enough time to calculate a proper average.

The drawn out matches where no one caps mid are rarely ever intentional. Anyone that did 8v8 ranked back in the day knows that when two team that are equally matched go head to head at a node it rarely ever gets captured. If anything a node not getting captured is more supportive of people properly playing objectives; rather than ignoring them.

It's not a personal attack. I really couldn't give two ***** about the records that do or don't get posted. We're just trying to keep things as clean as possible and that means: No cheesy matches, no cropped screenshots, no fixed matches (IE: Doing 4 healers vs 4 DPS in team ranked for the lols), etc etc.

If you can't understand that average DPS can't be properly calculated in the time span of 20-30 seconds due to numerous variables, I don't know what to tell you. Yes, the amount of DPS he did is very possible and has been done before, but it's typically submitted under circumstances which would define it "legitimate" - as in, the match lasting the full duration; giving the overall DPS a chance to average out.

If you can't understand that average DPS can't be properly calculated in the time span of 20-30 seconds due to numerous variables, I don't know what to tell you. Yes, the amount of DPS he did is very possible and has been done before, but it's typically submitted under circumstances which would define it "legitimate" - as in, the match lasting the full duration; giving the overall DPS a chance to average out.

No, I get what you're saying just fine.

You'd have an actual point if a game lasting the full duration was somehow an indication of actual legitimacy. Except, you know, it's not. There are teams who don't plant bombs or cap mid because they want those super long matches with the big numbers even when they are absolutely crushing the opposition. There are players who chase conquest point carebears and decorations farmers with 700 expertise for 15 min because they want those big tasty crits. There are healers who've stood in the acid or let other nodes fall cause they don't want to leave mid to support them and blow their HPS stats. I'm not saying that all of the records in this thread are because of shenanigans like this, or that all long drawn out matches are derp farming. I know that a lot of them are hard fought. Hell, I'm not even judging players for farming numbers, because I really don't care. But to claim that it's super rare that players goose numbers is either really naive or extremely disingenuous of you.

By the way, since your argument is that the longer the length of the game the more accurate the averages are, are you going to stop counting matches that don't go the full length of time? What about 5 min voidstar blowouts, or a quick three cap of civil war? Do those averages count less than a games that go the full duration? What's the cutoff here?

Edited by Prisoner

No, I get what you're saying just fine.

You'd have an actual point if a game lasting the full duration was somehow an indication of actual legitimacy. Except, you know, it's not. There are teams who don't plant bombs or cap mid because they want those super long matches with the big numbers even when they are absolutely crushing the opposition. There are players who chase conquest point carebears and decorations farmers with 700 expertise for 15 min because they want those big tasty crits. There are healers who've stood in the acid or let other nodes fall cause they don't want to leave mid to support them and blow their HPS stats. I'm not saying that all of the records in this thread are because of shenanigans like this, or that all long drawn out matches are derp farming. I know that a lot of them are hard fought. Hell, I'm not even judging players for farming numbers, because I really don't care. But to claim that it's super rare that players goose numbers is either super naive or extremely disingenuous of you.[/Quote]

Your entire argument is yet again based off the assumption that I'm calling his submission, "illegitimate." I'm honestly getting tired of repeating myself, but I will, yet again - clarify. Overall DPS/HPS is based off an Average. An average is formed over a large amount of time. The longer that time is, typically the better. The reason a 30 second match DPS can't be considered an "Average" is because when you into a fight right off the bat you can blow all your cooldowns on someone, do massive burst in a 10 second time frame, and then the match ends - thus it "averages" your DPS based off your Burst Phase. Burst =/= Sustained DPS.

I'm fully aware people will attempt to post illegitimate scores. That's why it's in the rules that those submissions will not be accepted; and we have been extremely strict on the submissions we have accepted thus far. This entire argument is a perfect example of that. We're not tolerating people standing in acid for HPS. We never have and never will accept submission from Open World PVP. We don't accept cropped screenshots. And we don't accept matches that lasted 30 seconds because the Average/Overall DPS will be skewed. This is largely part of the reason why Overall and Round were given separate categories for arenas.

By the way, since your argument is that the longer the length of the game the more accurate the averages are, are you going to stop counting matches that don't go the full length of time? What about 5 min voidstar blowouts, or a quick three cap of civil war? Do those averages count less than a games that go the full duration? What's the cutoff here?

There's a very large difference between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. And even then, 5 minutes is an incredibly short WZ. The staple rule will be, "No matches that end by default or everyone leaves." Like I've been saying from the start though it's all based off variables. But the longer a match goes, the easier it is for an average to form. And even if people are "farming" enemies at their spawn; chances are their DPS will actually be -lower- simply because the enemy spends more time dead than alive; allowing their sustained DPS to fall. Records are often created in matches where both teams are neck and neck; not it being ridiculously one sided. How do I know? Because i submit records too. I'm not an idiot.

I hope the details have been clarified for you, because I really don't want to derail the thread any further.

The decision is final. Grizz' current records continue to stand. His future submissions will be treated like any other.

I'm not crucifying him, I'm saying a 20 second burst window phase isn't long enough to properly calculate an Average DPS.

Edited by Shenyu

Your entire argument is yet again based off the assumption that I'm calling his submission, "illegitimate." I'm honestly getting tired of repeating myself, but I will, yet again - clarify. Overall DPS/HPS is based off an Average. An average is formed over a large amount of time. The longer that time is, typically the better. The reason a 30 second match DPS can't be considered an "Average" is because when you into a fight right off the bat you can blow all your cooldowns on someone, do massive burst in a 10 second time frame, and then the match ends - thus it "averages" your DPS based off your Burst Phase. Burst =/= Sustained DPS.

I'm fully aware people will attempt to post illegitimate scores. That's why it's in the rules that those submissions will not be accepted; and we have been extremely strict on the submissions we have accepted thus far. This entire argument is a perfect example of that. We're not tolerating people standing in acid for HPS. We never have and never will accept submission from Open World PVP. We don't accept cropped screenshots. And we don't accept matches that lasted 30 seconds because the Average/Overall DPS will be skewed. This is largely part of the reason why Overall and Round were given separate categories for arenas.

There's a very large difference between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. And even then, 5 minutes is an incredibly short WZ. The staple rule will be, "No matches that end by default or everyone leaves." Like I've been saying from the start though it's all based off variables. But the longer a match goes, the easier it is for an average to form. And even if people are "farming" enemies at their spawn; chances are their DPS will actually be -lower- simply because the enemy spends more time dead than alive; allowing their sustained DPS to fall. Records are often created in matches where both teams are neck and neck; not it being ridiculously one sided. How do I know? Because i submit records too. I'm not an idiot.

I hope the details have been clarified for you, because I really don't want to derail the thread any further.

The decision is final. Grizz' current records continue to stand. His future submissions will be treated like any other.

I'm not crucifying him, I'm saying a 20 second burst window phase isn't long enough to properly calculate an Average DPS.

this right here.

Edited by Dhurwin

Given the circumstances of that game, I'm not going to add that into the leaderboard. Leaderboards updated, if you find your records not posted it may be because you've cropped your screenshot. (Or in the case for some individuals, transferred servers so those aren't really applicable for TEH)

So even if a screen shot shows every persons score form the match, you'll choose not to post it? Or if you feel circumstances from a game don't meet up to your standard? You realize how much BS that is right? You should post all, or not do it at all. Its not like the screen shot I provided manipulated in any way. Good thing I don't need a post on a forum by some guy whose just a player to make me feel better about myself.

Lol.

I'm going to play moderator here, as I seem to have stirred this pot.

We understand, Grizz's submission is legitimate, but you're right we did post it just to troll you guys. That said, I don't think anyone here is contesting the burst potential Grizz is capable of. We don't care if it's posted or not. He already has his guild prestige for making the records thread, so I can reassure you that he definitely doesn't care if you post it or not.

That said, the images that he posted that were slightly cropped are kind of BS, but hey, your thread your discretion your reputation. I would just say be careful when your declining screenshots, print screen is definitely buggy in this game and not everyone has a good enough computer to run a program like fraps to capture their screenshots. Grizz did everything he could with his previous submissions to make his screenshot look as legitimate as possible with the clipping tool he used to get the screenie only to be told that it wasn't good enough and that you weren't going to accept it because it breaks one of your outlined rules. And I wouldn't even call them rules, I would call them guidelines. If you want to have full discretion that's fine, but it would behoove you to listen to the PvP community every once in a while.

If 10 PvPers are telling 2 PvPers they're wrong, well, then.... majority rules. Especially when it comes to something as silly as whether or not our server should consider a members record as worthy of being posted here. If you're just going to ignore everyone, then perhaps you aren't the best person for this job.

That said, your efforts don't go unnoticed. I'm sure everyone appreciates you doing this, but the server can just as easily find someone else that will be happy to stay on top of something like this and someone who WILL listen to the opinions of the rest of the community on what should count and what shouldn't count as a record.

I think your firm "we are the final say" stance on this thread is why it's being cast in such a negative light right now. I honestly just think it's funny and in no way do I think this thread is indicative of any one individual's skill. It is nice to have your name up on a thread and get your name put on display to the rest of the community though.

:D

But ultimately, if people are scoring records then they probably aren't winning games and they probably aren't playing objectives.

<3 you all.

Let's get this thread back on topic. Post your records if you got 'em!

Edited by Sindol

3 people saying that 3 other people are wrong isn't 10 PvPers telling 2 PvPers they're wrong, might want to recheck how many people have actually posted. But sure, I'll take in cropped screenshots, so those ignored earlier will have to repost or someone else quote it for them if they don't frequent the forums enough, if their records are still applicable.

So even if a screen shot shows every persons score form the match, you'll choose not to post it? Or if you feel circumstances from a game don't meet up to your standard? You realize how much BS that is right? You should post all, or not do it at all. Its not like the screen shot I provided manipulated in any way. Good thing I don't need a post on a forum by some guy whose just a player to make me feel better about myself.

Your post gives off a completely different vibe despite your last statement.

Edited by Warlockanap

Character Name - Grizz

Guild - <Backrocket Bastards>

Category - 8V8 DPS

Number - 2395.5

Warzone Code - AH

Screenshot - 123

Character Name - Grizz

Category - 8v8 Biggest Hit

Number - 15545

Warzone Code - AH

Screenshot -123

Character Name - Opik

Category - 8v8 HPS

Number - 3225

Warzone Code - AH

Screenshot -h2full

Character Name- Opik

Guild- <Backrocket Bastards>

Category-8v8 Overall Healing

Number-2199723

Warzone Code-AH

Screenshot-h2full

/5char

a young man needs his prestige, can't have Crinn monopolizing it all :rak_01:

Edited by GrizzMeshurik

I'm saying a 20 second burst window phase isn't long enough to properly calculate an Average DPS.

Where in the rules of this thread does it state that a match must be longer than 30 seconds for an average to be "properly calculated?"

From the screenshot, we see that the match started, and there was a result, in which case Republic were the victors.

Perhaps the OP needs to clarify this for us in the rules.

Not sure if ignorant or just trolling.

Anyway, for a good Screenshot program I'd suggest using ShareX.

Neither. The match counted for a daily win/loss, numbers were made, and a record was set. Bottom line. It appears there are some issues with people reading numbers.

I challenge anyone to get those numbers in a 30s match, since its oh so easy.

Neither. The match counted for a daily win/loss, numbers were made, and a record was set. Bottom line. It appears there are some issues with people reading numbers.

I challenge anyone to get those numbers in a 30s match, since its oh so easy.

This right here, proves you have not listened to a single thing I've said over the last 2 pages.

The number is not an accurate represensation of overall/average DPS because a match that lasts 30 seconds does not have enough time to normalize DPS/HPS because of cooldowns/procs, etc.

http://gyazo.com/9141203ba1e3585452198fd58c9ae792

^ He consumptioned a few times and healed up. This. Is. A. Perfect. Example.

This right here, proves you have not listened to a single thing I've said over the last 2 pages.

The number is not an accurate represensation of overall/average DPS because a match that lasts 30 seconds does not have enough time to normalize DPS/HPS because of cooldowns/procs, etc.

http://gyazo.com/9141203ba1e3585452198fd58c9ae792

^ He consumptioned a few times and healed up. This. Is. A. Perfect. Example.

HEY THAT 5.5k HPS WAS HARD EARNED AND LONG FOUGHT