Any other Shadows getting crushed in PVP since update

JOSHEAFL

I held my own in PVP prior to update. Level 49 shadow Infiltration spec

I am now having my arse handed to me almost every round. I seem to be taking huge damage and going down very fast.

Perhaps just me...

Anyone else noticing this....?

You are in a bracket with 55+ players sporting the best pre-3.0 pvp gear now.

Probably that's the problem.

Yeah that.

Also infil is very bad for lowbie pvp now since it completely revolves around burst dmg and you dont get your surge passive until level 59 now

And it will keep new players away from doing PvP, simply out of frustration.

The geared players will eventually level up until we rarely see any. Most of them are playing their main character and they will want to play at level 60. It hasn't even been a week since the expansion came out, just R-E-L-A-X.

All I've seen so far is Infiltration shadows racking up tons of damage and kills. Looks like all those players running Balance Sages and Madness Sorcs are starting to regret being in light armor. :)

Pretty sure once the rotations are figured out, and the nuances worked out, Sins are going to be the niche spec again. They have a lot of counters to a lot of CC, and have more than their fair share of CC themselves.

In 4v4 I think their only weakness will be damage mitigation. Once the other team gets the oppurtunity to focus without being stunned, the sin will die.

Pretty sure once the rotations are figured out, and the nuances worked out, Sins are going to be the niche spec again. They have a lot of counters to a lot of CC, and have more than their fair share of CC themselves.

In 4v4 I think their only weakness will be damage mitigation. Once the other team gets the oppurtunity to focus without being stunned, the sin will die.

I'd really hate going against a team of 4 Infiltration Sins in ranked. Now with their instant cast Force Lift, they can really focus on someone, and even if you break the first one, someone else will jsut force lift you again. Brutal! Of course the counter to that is to not be so close together so that the force lift doesn't affect you to when you buddy next to you is lifted.

I am now having my arse handed to me almost every round. I seem to be taking huge damage and going down very fast.

Perhaps just me...

infiltration and deception got a lot of nerfs in 3.0.

I think the root issue Is that I am in PVP with higher ranks now....

May sound a bit mean, but with WZs being flooded with fully decked lvl 55 (many highly skilled, premades, etc...), if you are not at least lvl 51 you will be obliterated. It does not matter which class are you playing. 2-3 weeks everyone will have lvled and things will go back to normal.

Perhaps just me...

With the exception of Sorcs and Sages, Shadows and Sins have come out the strongest for pvp from the new expansion.

Once you get up in levels you'll probably notice the shift again, just wait...

I think the root issue Is that I am in PVP with higher ranks now....

I'd just like to point out that this is an honest response, as opposed to the massive qq'ing that's been taking place on the forums lately... I shall bestow on you imaginary internet karma, +1 good sir

With the exception of Sorcs and Sages, Shadows and Sins have come out the strongest for pvp from the new expansion.

I personally think Merc/Mando healing got the most love in 3.0, but I completely agree that shad/sin is a very close second. My damage in both trees is up, but what's great is the utilities, mitigation and roots. shad/sin is a bag of tricks, we have a ton of interrupts, roots, stuns, knockbacks, and our dps output is pretty good in either burst or DoT. Most sins play middle tree backstabby, but I see a lot of madness (now hatred) sins too, so that's fun. I really enjoy the classes where all 3 disciplines are enjoyable and useful. Now if they could just convince some op/smugglers that there's another world out there besides punching me over and over. Let's be honest here, really? Punching? I have a damn lightsaber and you've got the balls to walk up and punch me in the face. In the real world (that of course star wars exists in) you wouldn't just go punch a sith in the face.

I main a sin and at first felt like i had been gimped. then realized gear and stats were rolled back in a sense. Once I got 4 pieces of the first new pvp tier I started to see familiar numbers again.

Although, I'm probably doing something wrong, I've seen posts about sins taking utilities I didn't.