The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can We Get A Definitive Statement On Future 12x XP Plans?

howieloader

As I said time and time again, Bioware shouldn't have many more than 1 side story quest chain per planet(series of SQ in one connected storyline), made individual storyline much, much longer, and use the rest of resources for end game contents.

Making dozens of sidequests per planet really was a waste because Bioware didn't put much effort in creating them, hence they are mostly fillers and boring even at the first time.

Not really. MMOs need to have filler and sidequests to support the leveling curve. And lets give some credit here: Some of "filler junk" sidequests are really well done and have some engaging stories.

Can you imagine how boring it would get if the CLASS story was the only way to level (even if it was longer and had more missions). People would get sick of the playing the exact same story every time they level up since there was nothing else to do.

At least as it stands now I can run many of the side quests and chains when I am running my class story. They drop decent gear and they add some depth to the story. There are many side chains that are not just "collect 10 things". There are several multi-tier side quests.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were to do Legacy Xp as a 12XP vehicle, this is how I suggest it should be done.

LEGACY EXPERIENCE I - IV

1) Account wide legacy perk

2) For subscribers only. Perk would be disabled if you go preferred, not available to F2P.

3) For every core class (mirrors) you complete the chapter 3 questline, you get the ability to unlock a 3X XP bonus through legacy. 4 chapter 3 completions, 12X XP unlocked.

4) Each unlock would require a minimum of legacy level 20 and would cost 50k/100k/150k/200k or 60/60/60/60 coins.

5) Toggle would exist to disable when desired.

That way folks have to complete the storyline for each core class first (one of the mirrors in each core) before you get the buff.

This is a great way to increase the appeal of a sub.

You would only have to level up 4 core mirrors to get the complete 12XP, and it would come to you incrementally as you leveled each class naturally...so you would first get 3, then 6, then 9, then finally 12.

So this is how it would work if it was set up as I suggested.

You are a subscriber.

You level Knight or Warrior to chapter 3 completion.

A legacy option for 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience I) for 50k/60 coins.

You next level an Sage or Inq to chapter 3 completion, using the 3X XP boost to skip some side quests.

A legacy option for another 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience II) for 100k/60 coins.

You next level a Trooper or BH to chapter 3, using the 6X XP boost (cumulative) to skip a good portion of side quests.

Next legacy option opens up for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience III) for 150k/60 coins.

Next you level a Smuggler or Agent to chapter 3, using the 9X XP boost (cumulative) to skip most of the side quests.

The final legacy option opens for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience IV) for 200k/60 coins.

From now on you will have 12XP available for all toons you level in your legacy. This will be ACCOUNT WIDE and will be for subscribers only. You will also have an option to turn off the boost if you wish using a toggle.

Added to this, I would unlock as a perk, once you reach legacy Experience IV a pack of comms you would be get when creating a new character. This pack would be for a level 10, would contain 100 Basic comms to assist in gearing for the character. This would be account wide, once for every character you create.

Edited by LordArtemis

If they were to do Legacy Xp as a 12XP vehicle, this is how I suggest it should be done.

LEGACY EXPERIENCE I - IV

1) Account wide legacy perk

2) For subscribers only. Perk would be disabled if you go preferred, not available to F2P.

3) For every core class (mirrors) you complete the chapter 3 questline, you get the ability to unlock a 3X XP bonus through legacy. 4 chapter 3 completions, 12X XP unlocked.

4) Each unlock would require a minimum of legacy level 20 and would cost 50k/100k/150k/200k or 60/60/60/60 coins.

5) Toggle would exist to disable when desired.

That way folks have to complete the storyline for each core class first (one of the mirrors in each core) before you get the buff.

This is a great way to increase the appeal of a sub.

You would only have to level up 4 core mirrors to get the complete 12XP, and it would come to you incrementally as you leveled each class naturally...so you would first get 3, then 6, then 9, then finally 12.

So this is how it would work if it was set up as I suggested.

You are a subscriber.

You level Knight or Warrior to chapter 3 completion.

A legacy option for 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience I) for 50k/60 coins.

You next level an Sage or Inq to chapter 3 completion, using the 3X XP boost to skip some side quests.

A legacy option for another 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience II) for 100k/60 coins.

You next level a Trooper or BH to chapter 3, using the 6X XP boost (cumulative) to skip a good portion of side quests.

Next legacy option opens up for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience III) for 150k/60 coins.

Next you level a Smuggler or Agent to chapter 3, using the 9X XP boost (cumulative) to skip most of the side quests.

The final legacy option opens for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience IV) for 200k/60 coins.

From now on you will have 12XP available for all toons you level in your legacy. This will be ACCOUNT WIDE and will be for subscribers only. You will also have an option to turn off the boost if you wish using a toggle.

Added to this, I would unlock as a perk, once you reach legacy Experience IV a pack of comms you would be get when creating a new character. This pack would be for a level 10, would contain 100 Basic comms to assist in gearing for the character. This would be account wide, once for every character you create.

Very good idea, I really like all of it. But I think asking for 12x and just 12x is more feasible to actually see in-game again. The "structure" for 12x is already there, doing anything else is added work. And being how capitalism is the ruling faction in the real world , for-profit companies don't like doing more work for no money or noticeable increased gain of some kind. Just food for thought, they may do a little work with it to add it back in, but I don't see them going all out on it

What I've heard from people who've just gotten their black belt in karate is that rather than knowing everything there is to know, they have reached the threshold where they have just begun to understand what they don't know.

This thread reminds of that, if the time frame where you finish a class quest (around Level 50) is your black belt: you have a general grasp of the game, but there's still a lot to learn. However at that point, you have a general understanding of what you need to learn.

This was a very good post, and summarizes what I think about the idea that 1-max teaches you how to play endgame. It really doesn't.

That's a lot of bother. I'd just make an unlock for cartel coins that's only available to Legacy 30+ (by that time, you've learned all you can from PVE questing anyway). You turn it on and it's on.

Once players start to leave again I am sure they will see something like the 12x return.

Me and my friends came back for the 12x xp, because we enjoy the class stories. The Revan expansion was a bonus. I also love alts so that made the 12x really fun.

Once I'm to 60 I'd say I'd be done again. Now another major exp boost would convince me to stay and level more alts and classes I have not played.

So one might think, xp boost may contribute to keeping subs... if there is a correlation you can bet you will see something like the 12x come back and perhaps even stay.

Edited by Scorpiova

I missed 12x window and I need to level up a toon all the way upto 60 from 1...

What's the point of redoing the side quests I've done over and over again? Can anyone who is against 12x answer me?

What's the point of doing the same flashpoint over and over again?

What's the point of doing the same Operation over and over again?

What's the point of playing the same PvP/GSF map over and over again?

What's the point of playing dailies and weeklies over and over again?

Grind is Grind no matter if it is done during non-max level activities or done during max level. If Grind is boring, then it is boring no matter at what level it occurs.

Edited by TravelersWay

Honestly I was a little bummed because I couldn't take much advantage of the 12x XP even though I had pre ordered, because I've had to travel for the holidays lol. I would definitely love to be able to have it on a more permanent basis, because I've played multiple characters all the way from 1-55/60 by now. Perhaps it could only unlock after you've gotten one or two level 50's out of the way (having completed the class story mission as the thing that unlocks it). Because honestly, there are classes I want to level still but I don't want to play through the planet storylines anymore. I just want to play the class stories :\.

So, I would literally pay money to unlock 12x XP forever across my account if need be.