WITHOUT 12X EXP, this game is unplayable

Zanatic

Personally I have done those side missions so many times I refuse to do them anymore, they literally make me want to stop playing the game. The x12 experience would be the only way I would even consider levelling anything else these days.

That's a fair statement.

For what it's worth, even before 12x came along it wasn't that hard to avoid repeated content. With all the legacy xp perks, plus the consumable bonus, one can pick and choose what extras to do. On one toon, skip every even planet. On another, skip every odd planet. On another, do lots of leveling flashpoints. On another, do warzones. On another, focus on the bonus series' never done. Alternate between Republic and Empire. Etc.

This approach has served me pretty well. I've been able to see all 8 class stories with very little redundancy.

Edited by Khevar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need it back desperately. There's no point in trying to level your character now with such slow and weak xp. The filler quests are terrible.

Wow. So this game is doing very well, with it having been unplayable for almost two years now.

/signed

How bout... once you've played through the class quest on each class (NOT each build) you get 12x or 100x whatever, XP for class quests IF you roll another toon of the same CLASS.

That way, I will keep rolling alts and play THIS game more instead of burning out for months at a time during which I play other games instead.

/signed

How bout... once you've played through the class quest on each class (NOT each build) you get 12x or 100x whatever, XP for class quests IF you roll another toon of the same CLASS.

That way, I will keep rolling alts and play THIS game more instead of burning out for months at a time during which I play other games instead.

actually that doesnt sound to bad. Make it a legacy unlock once you hit 60 and have done all of the current chapters. But like you said only for that class.

Five letters.... LMFAO. You must have got the game, subbed, and pre-ordered all at the same time. Of course you can level without x12 xp. Here's the secret: do side quests, heroics, fp , wz, gsf. I levelled to 55 several times over the years. The game is meant to be played by doing more than just class quests. Actually x12 was a bad idea to begin with, because you get a bunch of noobs hitting lvl 55 and not knowing how to properly play their class. It's unreal how many lvl 55 tanks or healers joined our dp/df runs that when inspected I saw a healer with green armour and weapons his gun was a lvl 22 green gun he had no cunning stats on his arm or they were willpower and strength. And you have people needing and using earpieces etc that aren't for their class. Congrats SWTOR you created a generation of notes who are queueing up for ops and dp/df runs I saw a lvl 55 tank with 19hp.... Like *** Edited by Matt_Comtois

I agree.

Did some oricon etc.. and i landed at 56.

---

I started at level 56.

1. I did whole new storyline.

2. I did some sidequests

3. I did new FP's 18 times

3. I did all dailies on Yavin 4 times

I am still level 59.1 .. it's getting so slow, it will take me half a year if i want to level my toons to level 60.

So i'll go play another game and wait for 12x or 2x xp week.

For level 60 weekly i get 46k XP that's less than makeb storyline mission.

:confused:

YOU'RE confused?

It's taken you a day to go from 55 to 59.1. So, even assuming a whole extra day to reach 60, that's 2 days.

So what I'm confused about is why you have over 90 characters...

Not sure the players who leveled several toons want to hear it -- I leveled 8 to 55 between launch up to 12x then did 8 more. It's the cost of the ticket to lvl 55+. You do the grind and you get to endgame. Some think it sucks, some think it's great but it's what took then and what it takes now. As a matter of fact, it's actually faster now since mobs below lvl 50 are now easier and die faster. So even without the 12x those who are leveling now still have a leg up over those of us who went through it the old fashioned way.

Actually, I am kind of glad that 12XP is over. During that time I got to level 4 alts from 15 to 55. One of those toons was my first Pub toon, and I was kind of sad that I was missing all of the side quests and heroics. While imp side I am a bit sick of them after levelling about 4-5 toons, I have yet to experience the whole story over on pubside. I will probably start a new toon pubside just so I can go 1-60 and do a bunch of the side quests. I feel like it really adds to the story and helps me create a persona for each character I level. I don't feel a strong bond with my new toons since I never really went through the whole levelling experience with them, and I want to remedy that.

you have got to be kidding me this has got to be a troll post, while the 12X xp was fun it definetly is not a gamebreaker if we do not have it, quite honestly I still think we should have dbl xp weekends from time to time but 12X xp? nah it was just to much XP, the game needs to be enjoyed, I saw nothing wrong with the 12X xp to level through all the old content getting ready for the expansion, but definetly HECK NO to bringing it back otherwise

there are many, many fun games out there. You shouldn't be willing to spend time on boring fillers and garbage side quests with no efforts and more than one time. You should get 12* bonus after leveling your first character on each faction with normal xp gain.

I'm glad 12x xp is over...it ruined the leveling process for me! Now the game is back to how it should be :)

In ur opinion, which doesn't matter to me since I have various Handicaps and am more older than most ppl.

It's in no way impossible for normal ppl to be able to grind any Class/Character though. That's just rediculous in my view, unless u have some hellish ailments you didn't tell us about.

• 2 weeks later...
/signed

This. Almost. On other MMOS -- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn does this once you get one character up to max level. Then you get 50% exp bonus on other toons going forward.

there are many, many fun games out there. You shouldn't be willing to spend time on boring fillers and garbage side quests with no efforts and more than one time. You should get 12* bonus after leveling your first character on each faction with normal xp gain.

Then go play them...not everyone wants everything just handed to them immediately like some petulant child.

Sub - and gain the almighty 2xp rest state. With that and a guild membership (and occasional 25% xp bonus you get anyhow for doing class quests) you can do class and planet storylines, with only a few filler quests along the way needed. Play it smart and slip in a few FP's while you have the daily/weekly quests, and it goes by even quicker with almost no filler quests needed. Sprinkle in some PVP daily/weekly as well, and class/planet stories are all you really need to worry about.

F2P? Yah sorry, don't feel any concern. F2P is a model for people to 'see' if they want to pay to play. Not to try to glean every possible bit of content out of the game for free. The cost to play is the cost of 1-2 lunches a month. 2 hours of pay if you make the bare minimum wage. No, concern is not included. Am I an ahole for feeling no concern? Possibly, but we all have aholes, at least I'm not showing mine by trying to play a MMORPG online video game for hours, commercial/ad-free and then complaining about the game itself with false arguments,

Freeloaders. Another word needing a comeback these days. Let me slip into my Willy Wonka Meme face for a moment to show the concern I have for them..

I would strongly disagree. Not only is it just as playable as before, it is perhaps better so since the adjustment of difficulty for 1-50 mobs (which still needs a bit of tweaking).

I miss 12XP like the next guy. But I find the game just as playable as before. I certainly loath having to do the side quests....so I will welcome it back when it likely returns.

But for now I have no problem leveling the regular way.

In ur opinion, which doesn't matter to me since I have various Handicaps and am more older than most ppl.

It's in no way impossible for normal ppl to be able to grind any Class/Character though. That's just rediculous in my view, unless u have some hellish ailments you didn't tell us about.

Well the real tell will be when there is a massive drop off of subscribers after the newness of the expansion wears off, because for a majority of players, leveling new alts is part of the game and after the 12x its near impossible for most to ever think of leveling the old way again. Games should be fun and lets face it, for most people leveling up multiple toons is not "fun" and the one thing that made it fun was just removed.

I would agree that we should as subs, get the option to do 12X. Is the game unplayable? No...

For me, and maybe others like me, who have serious alt-itis, and have 22 characters on one server...yeah, it's a little slice of torture to do those side quests. I just like reliving the stories, and playing around with different character concepts. The last event was great, and I have four more toons to get to 55...and then to 60. :D