I would gladly give back medshot for the slower effect of hammershot heals.

Wasbeer

Then don't give the dps any heals. And how it didn't work perfectly on dps? Please do enlighten me why it is so important to have one next to useless healing ability? What was so fundamentally wrong in pre-3.0 system?

You suggest they give dps another heal, not me. It didn't work for dps because they would have to switch cylinders and targets in order to use it. It's important, because every other AC w/ a heal spec has base heals. Merc's have it hard enough w/o being dropped to only two heals w/ CD's, the "useless healing ability" cost 0 resource and is spammable.

Edited by TezMoney

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You suggest they give dps another heal, not me. It didn't work for dps because they would have to switch cylinders and targets in order to use it. It's important, because every other AC w/ a heal spec has base heals. Merc's have it hard enough w/o being dropped to only two heals w/ CD's, the "useless healing ability" cost 0 resource and is spammable.

In which case wouldn't the logical thing be removing the cd from one of the heals instead of splitting one ability into two?

In which case wouldn't the logical thing be removing the cd from one of the heals instead of splitting one ability into two?

You can't just remove a CD from a heal and be done with it. This has ramifications on the heal discipline as well. Removing the CD of either healing scan or emergency scan would drastically improve merc healing.

You can't just remove a CD from a heal and be done with it. This has ramifications on the heal discipline as well. Removing the CD of either healing scan or emergency scan would drastically improve merc healing.

Well they just added the cd in the last patch, shouldn't be that much of a problem. And to be honest, removing the cd's wouldn't make that much of a difference, as the main ability in the rotation is progressive scan. And they also nerfed kolto shell to sht and now it deals very little healing, so removing a cd makes sense to me.

Well they just added the cd in the last patch, shouldn't be that much of a problem. And to be honest, removing the cd's wouldn't make that much of a difference, as the main ability in the rotation is progressive scan. And they also nerfed kolto shell to sht and now it deals very little healing, so removing a cd makes sense to me.

What heal was given a CD that didn't have one before? Whatever you're are referencing though is moot, since they made a whole host of changes. Though you get most of the heals of progressive scan currently, it isn't the heal you use the most often and both ES and HS are tied to powerful procs. It makes sense to you because you haven't thought it through past the benefits for mercs. I'm probably given you far more credit there, since you haven't even suggest which heal should have the CD removed, so really all you've considered is a way for dps to have an instant off heal w/o kolto shot and ignored any effect that would have on the game's meta in PVP or PVE.

What heal was given a CD that didn't have one before? Whatever you're are referencing though is moot, since they made a whole host of changes. Though you get most of the heals of progressive scan currently, it isn't the heal you use the most often and both ES and HS are tied to powerful procs. It makes sense to you because you haven't thought it through past the benefits for mercs. I'm probably given you far more credit there, since you haven't even suggest which heal should have the CD removed, so really all you've considered is a way for dps to have an instant off heal w/o kolto shot and ignored any effect that would have on the game's meta in PVP or PVE.

The healing scan got cd put in it. And yes progressive scan isn't the most used ability as it has 14s cd, but i'd still say that it's the most important healing ability mercs get, as it's always used on cd. And really, couldn't bw just remove the need to use combat support system to heal self with rapid shots? Old system that worked just fine changed so that dps wouldn't jneed to change to combat sylinder.

The healing scan got cd put in it. And yes progressive scan isn't the most used ability as it has 14s cd, but i'd still say that it's the most important healing ability mercs get, as it's always used on cd. And really, couldn't bw just remove the need to use combat support system to heal self with rapid shots? Old system that worked just fine changed so that dps wouldn't jneed to change to combat sylinder.

healing scan always had a cd. Progressive scan importance doesn't take away from how much stronger HS and ES would be without a CD. There's a reason the CD only goes away for super changed gas. Lastly removing the cylinder requirement wouldn't fix the self targeting or target modifier issue.

healing scan always had a cd. Progressive scan importance doesn't take away from how much stronger HS and ES would be without a CD. There's a reason the CD only goes away for super changed gas. Lastly removing the cylinder requirement wouldn't fix the self targeting or target modifier issue.

Sry, might've mixed up the healing scan and rapid scan, i meant the one that didnt have cd before 3.0. And how wouldn't removing sylinder req. help? And may i ask what is wrong with self targeting?

Sry, might've mixed up the healing scan and rapid scan, i meant the one that didnt have cd before 3.0. And how wouldn't removing sylinder req. help? And may i ask what is wrong with self targeting?

No, rapid scan still doesn't have a CD. No merc heals got a CD that didn't have one before. Removing cylinders doesn't help because when you target an enemy and hit rapid shot you will attack, in order to heal you have to have a friendly or yourself targeted. There is nothing wrong w/ self targeting, but 2.0 rapid shot was the only heal in the game that required this, while others automatically healed you if you targeted an enemy. Basically DPS's and target modifier users' issues with rapid shots was similar to your issue with kolto shot now, it was clunky mechanic for them.

No, rapid scan still doesn't have a CD. No merc heals got a CD that didn't have one before. Removing cylinders doesn't help because when you target an enemy and hit rapid shot you will attack, in order to heal you have to have a friendly or yourself targeted. There is nothing wrong w/ self targeting, but 2.0 rapid shot was the only heal in the game that required this, while others automatically healed you if you targeted an enemy. Basically DPS's and target modifier users' issues with rapid shots was similar to your issue with kolto shot now, it was clunky mechanic for them.

Well, take the need to target self off as well, like unless you have an enemy targeted, the result would be healing to self/ally. And you can always bind a key to make you target yourself quickly.

-Forced to move highly used damage abilities for pve into awkward keybinds.

-Heals & damage effects for healers have been reduced making it even more difficult than it was before in pve with companions and even more difficult in pvp.

-The overall use of it disconnected from hammershot is very cumbersome and clunky compared to the streamlined use prior to the change. Any comment about it being hard to change targets is null, healers constantly have to change targets with their heals so changing between one target and yourself is literally no task.

-Use of any damage abilities is extremely cumbersome and clunky now as they are generally far from easy reach due to needing all heals at the ready.

-The hotbars are already getting overburdened with abilities and tools/gadgets.

Except none of those points make up for the fact that med shot allows you to gain supercharge stacks when you are not actively hitting something, and you can gain them while moving.

Its a rather huge buff actually.

It took me all of one warzone to get used to the new keybind.

Well, take the need to target self off as well, like unless you have an enemy targeted, the result would be healing to self/ally. And you can always bind a key to make you target yourself quickly.

That still doesn't help target modifier or when you're currently targettng an enemy, plus devs already said this wasn't possible.

Edited by TezMoney

Is it really too hard for you to bind a key so that you could target yourself/click your portrait in order to get some heals?

No, I never said it was. However it is an extra and unnecessary step unique to only that heal.

Is it really that hard for you to use another keybind for rapid shots?

Edited by TezMoney

No, I never said it was. However it is an extra and unnecessary step unique to only that heal.

Is it really that hard for you to use another keybind for rapid shots?

Well, i don't have enough keys to bind all of my healing abilities, let alone defensive abilities. So yeah, it is.

Well, i don't have enough keys to bind all of my healing abilities, let alone defensive abilities. So yeah, it is.

Oh so you have no more keybinds or can't click rapid shot yet you suggest others keybind or click target self. Hypocrisy at its finest. You'll just have to make it work, like you suggest DPS should have just made it work before the change.

Seriously all you have to do is put kolto shot where rapid shot was, then replace some rarely used ability with rapid shot.

Edited by TezMoney

Oh so you have no more keybinds or can't click rapid shot yet you suggest others keybind or click target self. Hypocrisy at its finest. You'll just have to make it work, like you suggest DPS should have just made it work before the change.

Seriously all you have to do is put kolto shot where rapid shot was, then replace some rarely used ability with rapid shot.

And all you have to do is click your own portrait in order to target yourself. And yes, i did replace kolto shot with rapid shot, and put rapid shot on the 2nd ability bar and replace one other ability i didn't use just as much. But still, now in order to use the rapid shot i have to click it with my mouse over and over again. And that's because you are too lazy to click your own portrait once?

And all you have to do is click your own portrait in order to target yourself. And yes, i did replace kolto shot with rapid shot, and put rapid shot on the 2nd ability bar and replace one other ability i didn't use just as much. But still, now in order to use the rapid shot i have to click it with my mouse over and over again. And that's because you are too lazy to click your own portrait once?

You need to take a breath. I'm not sure where you got the idea I had an issue w/ the way it worked before, but you can drop it. I only heal and I can make it work either way. The only one being lazy here is you, since you can't be bothered to take the time to rearrange your keybinds accordingly and relearn your muscle memory.

Secondly the fact that you have to target yourself IS the issue. Why don't you understand that it's an unnecessary step for a dps who need to remain locked on target? It doesn't matter how easy or convenient it is, the actions of switching targets to yourself and back shouldn't be there.

Edited by TezMoney

You need to take a breath. I'm not sure where you got the idea I had an issue w/ the way it worked before, but you can drop it. I only heal and I can make it work either way. The only one being lazy here is you, since you can't be bothered to take the time to rearrange your keybinds accordingly and relearn your muscle memory.

Secondly the fact that you have to target yourself IS the issue. Why don't you understand that it's an unnecessary step for a dps who need to remain locked on target? It doesn't matter how easy or convenient it is, the actions of switching targets to yourself and back shouldn't be there.

All of my available key-binds are already bound to abilities much more useful to healer than rapid shots (most of the healing abilities). I have already rebound some of my keys after the update came, it's not that i'm too lazy to rearrange my key-binds, I've already done that, i'd do that with the rapid shots, if i had the keys available. And why don't you just let the healers heal you, so that you could keep dpsing your target and not having to heal yourself in the first place? And if there switching target is so terrible, please, never try healing ops group, as that's pretty much what healers have to deal with for hours at a time.

And all you have to do is click your own portrait in order to target yourself.

You've probably played healspec exclusively for so long you don't even realize you missed a step.

FIRST you had to switch from whichever cell (AP or Incendiary) is best for your spec into combat support cell (one GCD cycle and the loss of that cell's benefits) and THEN click your own portrait or F1 (if you haven't rebound it). Prior to 3.0 all targeting yourself would do without switching cells would be that you aren't shooting anyone with either healing OR damage.

THAT is the huge advantage to dps specs that was gained by this switch... we can use the Medshot heal while still having our AP or Incendiary cell active (plus not having to change targets is a definite bonus). We can use it immediately while running without having to stop and switch cells to heal yourself (and 2+% per application while moving and with no resource cost is NOT trivial).

ETA:

And why don't you just let the healers heal you, so that you could keep dpsing your target and not having to heal yourself in the first place? And if there switching target is so terrible, please, never try healing ops group, as that's pretty much what healers have to deal with for hours at a time.

Because I spend 95% of my time soloing or duoing and my friends like DPS specs too and companion healing is often not quite enough (especially when their priorities get confuzzled... like healing themselves instead of me because their healthbar is lower despite the fact that we BOTH drop if I die).

And likewise, I've never done an OP in my life and have no plans to either and even if I did it would not be as a heal-spec (for the same reason I would never play as a tank spec and haven't even bothered making any toons with tank-spec advanced classes).

It seems you can ONLY see this issue through the lens of a grouped healspec player who doesn't want to have to move anything on any of their bars ever and can't seem to grasp what a huge quality of life improvement this is for the two DPS disciplines playing in and out of groups that also share this advanced class.

And the reason it had to be on CS Cell before instead of on Hammer Shot was because otherwise you'd be giving an useable on the move resource free heal to the Vanguard/PT tank specs. So to make it useful to the DPS Mando/Mercs without swapping into the CS Cell to even use it (and gimping their dps) they had to make it a separate power.

Basically, even if each of the specs were chosen equally (which I doubt there are... dps specs are always the most common) then Med Shot was still an improvement for at least 2/3 of the Mando/Merc players. Plus, it sounds like you found a solution anyway (just as I had to find a solution for where to put Vortex Bolt and Bacta Infusion).

Edited by SiegePro

All of my available key-binds are already bound to abilities much more useful to healer than rapid shots (most of the healing abilities). I have already rebound some of my keys after the update came, it's not that i'm too lazy to rearrange my key-binds, I've already done that, i'd do that with the rapid shots, if i had the keys available. And why don't you just let the healers heal you, so that you could keep dpsing your target and not having to heal yourself in the first place? And if there switching target is so terrible, please, never try healing ops group, as that's pretty much what healers have to deal with for hours at a time.

I'm done with you man. You are completely incapable of seeing things from any perspective other than your own. Good luck getting used to the new changes. :D

I really would love to get rid of medshot and retrieve the old hammershot heals even though they're less effective. The whole reason being hotkey clutter. Sorry Bioware but I don't have a $70+ gaming mouse or keyboard with extra buttons and I'd like to keep at least SOME offensive abilities in my lineup for solo PVE and when and if ever given the chance to use them in PVP without having to reach way over on the keyboard or click a sidebar.

(To those who feel that it was clunky for healing and made it difficult to heal yourself with I remind, the F1 self target is right above the 1 key.)

Completely agree. It just doesn't feel the same and they've already taken away so much from the merc/commando heals as it is.

You've probably played healspec exclusively for so long you don't even realize you missed a step.

FIRST you had to switch from whichever cell (AP or Incendiary) is best for your spec into combat support cell (one GCD cycle and the loss of that cell's benefits) and THEN click your own portrait or F1 (if you haven't rebound it). Prior to 3.0 all targeting yourself would do without switching cells would be that you aren't shooting anyone with either healing OR damage.

THAT is the huge advantage to dps specs that was gained by this switch... we can use the Medshot heal while still having our AP or Incendiary cell active (plus not having to change targets is a definite bonus). We can use it immediately while running without having to stop and switch cells to heal yourself (and 2+% per application while moving and with no resource cost is NOT trivial).

ETA:

Because I spend 95% of my time soloing or duoing and my friends like DPS specs too and companion healing is often not quite enough (especially when their priorities get confuzzled... like healing themselves instead of me because their healthbar is lower despite the fact that we BOTH drop if I die).

And likewise, I've never done an OP in my life and have no plans to either and even if I did it would not be as a heal-spec (for the same reason I would never play as a tank spec and haven't even bothered making any toons with tank-spec advanced classes).

It seems you can ONLY see this issue through the lens of a grouped healspec player who doesn't want to have to move anything on any of their bars ever and can't seem to grasp what a huge quality of life improvement this is for the two DPS disciplines playing in and out of groups that also share this advanced class.

And the reason it had to be on CS Cell before instead of on Hammer Shot was because otherwise you'd be giving an useable on the move resource free heal to the Vanguard/PT tank specs. So to make it useful to the DPS Mando/Mercs without swapping into the CS Cell to even use it (and gimping their dps) they had to make it a separate power.

Basically, even if each of the specs were chosen equally (which I doubt there are... dps specs are always the most common) then Med Shot was still an improvement for at least 2/3 of the Mando/Merc players. Plus, it sounds like you found a solution anyway (just as I had to find a solution for where to put Vortex Bolt and Bacta Infusion).

1) This was a talk about how i suggested about removing the need to change sylinder in order to use the rapid shots healing ability.

2) Oh i have moved quite a few things on my ability bars in order to get the new healing abilities bound into keybinds, the problem is not having enough keybinds available even for some of the healing abilities, let alone defensive abilities or dps abilities.

3) Couldn't bw just put a new passive ability ONLY for mercs that allows the use of the healing ability for the certain AC only?

4) Probably so, however, as you said that you haven't done any ops, i wonder if you know the joy of finding healers to ops groups. That's why i'd say that the last thing we need is for the merc healer to suck even more (mainly talking about here of having to click with your mouse every single dps ability if you want to damage the enemy, as it so often happens).

By the way, how many abilities does merc dps have?