I would gladly give back medshot for the slower effect of hammershot heals.

Wasbeer

I really would love to get rid of medshot and retrieve the old hammershot heals even though they're less effective. The whole reason being hotkey clutter. Sorry Bioware but I don't have a $70+ gaming mouse or keyboard with extra buttons and I'd like to keep at least SOME offensive abilities in my lineup for solo PVE and when and if ever given the chance to use them in PVP without having to reach way over on the keyboard or click a sidebar.

(To those who feel that it was clunky for healing and made it difficult to heal yourself with I remind, the F1 self target is right above the 1 key.)

Edited by Wasbeer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1000

please remove this unnecessary skill. As a commando heal/dps i have to regularely switch between several skillsets and specs, and not only removes this skill a lot of comfort, which was hammershot (beeing able to do a bit of dps or a bit of healing with one skill, and one hotkey, at the same time, depending on your target) it also furthers the rebindung/reconfiguring mess that is multi spec right now.

Its so terribly annoying to have to rearrange every single skill everytime you switch your spec. And even if it got a little more comfortable with the new skill system, where you only have to pick some perks instead of clicking full a whole skill tree, its still a pain to get your right setup as you want it.

And even if you implement something like a save for your skills for different speccs (pretty pweese?), Hammershot would still be far superior to med shot in that scenario. even when less effective at healing/damaging anything. Just to have one skill which can do both is just the best.

Please, give us back our hammershot!

Just for reference med shot is the only way to charge supercharge before a fight (or even during a fight if there's no targets) without blowing a heroic point allowing you to get 10 stacks using Recharge and Reload.

Think of it as an equivalent of knights slashing at the immune boss between phases to build focus.

Annoying downside is it trips your proc relics...

People are so set in their ways, the slightest change and everyone starts howling at the moon :rolleyes:

A completely unnecessary change that inconveniences players by taking up vital space on the hotbars as well as makes the whole play of Combat Medic Commando more clunky in PVE or PVP. The fact of the matter is there was nothing wrong with it before and only people with the support cell active were able to use it to begin with so it didn't really have any issues as far as dps using it.

A completely unnecessary change that inconveniences players by taking up vital space on the hotbars as well as makes the whole play of Combat Medic Commando more clunky in PVE or PVP. The fact of the matter is there was nothing wrong with it before and only people with the support cell active were able to use it to begin with so it didn't really have any issues as far as dps using it.

It was actually a quite nessicary change, there was targeting issues with using one ability for 2 jobs, you couldnt have no target and self heal with Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot so, this fixes that. Previously if you had no target and used Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot you would attack the nearest target, which was *********** annoying as a healer, now we have Med Shot/Kolto Shot to fix that, dont like it? play a different healer.

It was actually a quite nessicary change, there was targeting issues with using one ability for 2 jobs, you couldnt have no target and self heal with Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot so, this fixes that. Previously if you had no target and used Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot you would attack the nearest target, which was *********** annoying as a healer, now we have Med Shot/Kolto Shot to fix that, dont like it? play a different healer.

The first part is true, the second part not so much since a simple change to your preferences settings could prevent auto targeting closest enemy. The first part though is what's most important. We all asked for rapid shots to heal us without having to target ourselves. Well now we can basically do that, it's just with a new ability. Also, Kolto shot vents a little heat and its a single heal instead of hot. If you think the excuse "I have too many moves" is gonna get you anywhere, please prepare for a L2P response.

Edited by Rambeezy

I was annoyed at this change for a good 5 minutes. Then I moved some stuff around on my bars, re-keyed some stuff and its fine. Really not worth complaining about imo.... had to make changes to deal with the new heal ability anyhow.
Finally some sound thinking

Finally some sound thinking

I guess the millions of people on WoW (which has been around far longer as we all know) who have dealt with dual functionality abilities and never had problems with it in solo/group/raid/pvp situations and appreciated the ease and utility of such an ability are just working too hard? It's not hard at all to simply self target or set a focus target if you even need it. I've never had to use focus target with this ability myself and generally if you are a healer and you're in a group you should be spending your time healing people anyway. It's far better tied together into a nice 1 ability bundle than to load the already overcrowded hotbars. This small change plus the addition of our second new heal ability resulted in pushing 3 damage abilities into highly inconvenient slots. You tell me how having a slower response rate in combat vs simply self targeting and back with the hit of a single easy access key is a good trade off.

Personally, as a DPSer, I much prefer Medshot as it is now because I no longer have to spend a cycle switching cells to combat support (which kills my energy since I don't get the improved recharge rate from gunnery) before I can use it (on myself or anyone else). That's a HUGE increase in utility for me over how it was before (where I just didn't use it at all).

Personally, as a DPSer, I much prefer Medshot as it is now because I no longer have to spend a cycle switching cells to combat support (which kills my energy since I don't get the improved recharge rate from gunnery) before I can use it (on myself or anyone else). That's a HUGE increase in utility for me over how it was before (where I just didn't use it at all).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779312&page=4

I can seriously see no upside for this idiotic change, maybe for some merc/commando dps it is nice to have the ability to heal self with that thing, but for heal specced ppl, it's just useless and does nothing but harm.

I can seriously see no downside for this brilliant change, maybe for some merc/commando heals it is nice to have the ability to deal damage with old thing, but for DPS specced ppl, it's just awesome and does nothing but good.

Srsly. It's not that big change. It's better for some people, it's not for others. It's not hard to adapt. Deal with it

I can seriously see no downside for this brilliant change, maybe for some merc/commando heals it is nice to have the ability to deal damage with old thing, but for DPS specced ppl, it's just awesome and does nothing but good.

Srsly. It's not that big change. It's better for some people, it's not for others. It's not hard to adapt. Deal with it

-Forced to move highly used damage abilities for pve into awkward keybinds.

-Heals & damage effects for healers have been reduced making it even more difficult than it was before in pve with companions and even more difficult in pvp.

-The overall use of it disconnected from hammershot is very cumbersome and clunky compared to the streamlined use prior to the change. Any comment about it being hard to change targets is null, healers constantly have to change targets with their heals so changing between one target and yourself is literally no task.

-Use of any damage abilities is extremely cumbersome and clunky now as they are generally far from easy reach due to needing all heals at the ready.

-The hotbars are already getting overburdened with abilities and tools/gadgets.

Edited by Wasbeer

-Heals & damage effects for healers have been reduced making it even more difficult than it was before in pve with companions and even more difficult in pvp.

-The overall use of it disconnected from hammershot is very cumbersome and clunky compared to the streamlined use prior to the change. Any comment about it being hard to change targets is null, healers constantly have to change targets with their heals so changing between one target and yourself is literally no task.

-Use of any damage abilities is extremely cumbersome and clunky now as they are generally far from easy reach due to needing all heals at the ready.

Couldn't have written it better myself.

Seriously guys, you are talking about 1 (one) new ability with 1 (one) new key bind.

This is my thinking. I much preferred Hammer Shots as my free heal.

I guess I will just have to get used to the new way, but for what it's worth I don't see why this change was made.

I'm a healer and 100% agree with this. We're just going to have to get used to it guys, this change is best for the spec as a hole, I know it's hard fighting that muscle memory, but our rations already going through a change anyway.

I'm a healer and 100% agree with this. We're just going to have to get used to it guys, this change is best for the spec as a hole, I know it's hard fighting that muscle memory, but our rations already going through a change anyway.

The best would've been to leave it as it was, maybe give dps a new healing ability if it was so important but instead we got this... I already have 5 ability bars full and the last thing i need is abilities split into 2 new ones, especially when it worked perfectly in the first place.

The best would've been to leave it as it was, maybe give dps a new healing ability if it was so important but instead we got this... I already have 5 ability bars full and the last thing i need is abilities split into 2 new ones, especially when it worked perfectly in the first place.

You can't give dps another heal w/o giving it to bodyguards too, unless you're suggesting a class should have an exclusive healing ability in two of it's dps disciplines. Sorry but that's just silly, and it didn't work perfectly for DPS. Looks like you'll just have to drop a few pets off that bar :p But seriously I'd suggest dropping power shot.

Edited by TezMoney

You can't give dps another heal w/o giving it to bodyguards too, unless you're suggesting a class should have an exclusive healing ability in two of it's dps disciplines. Sorry but that's just silly, and it didn't work perfectly for DPS. Looks like you'll just have to drop a few pets off that bar :p But seriously I'd suggest dropping power shot.

Then don't give the dps any heals. And how it didn't work perfectly on dps? Please do enlighten me why it is so important to have one next to useless healing ability? What was so fundamentally wrong in pre-3.0 system?

I know people don't like change but key bind [shift](or whatever)1 (or whatever) solves the issue of not having a gaming mouse or special keyboard.

Most people already use this technique and then some. I myself have all the number keys shifted as well as several letter keys + shift. That in itself is too much... and now we have this ridiculous change.