Cannot complete Enemy Within quest.

vermura

For the love of the Emperor.

When you get a fix, please don't make us wait till next week to implement the patch. Implement the patch immediately, so we can actually finish the questline.

Also, the above mentioned "fix" didn't work for me, neither did any of the others; including:

1) Taunt at 65% and 34%.

2) Bring Tank Companion

3) Bring No companion.

4) Bring any companion, but dismiss them before pulling,

5) Alt+F4 immediately after pull, reset, and try again.

6) Die, and while dead, quit game, restart, and try again.

In over 20 tries, I've only managed to get the first set of orbs to spawn 3 times. All three times, he bugged on the second set.

If I were a lesser man, I would demand a refund of my repair bills for putting up with this. BioWare, you did close testing for a reason. Please stop using your early adopters as beta testers.

Edited by Andrellma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I'll add my bug as well. I have been playing and paying for this game since launch(I know everyone says that) and this is the first time I am really upset with the game.. This was such a huge moment in the story line that has been building FOREVER! To not be able to complete the quest because of faulty mechanics is unacceptable. This is a gigantic failure is an otherwise perfect expansion pack. I was all ready to shout and cheer for this expansion. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the expansion up to this point and if it hadn't had happened on the most important fight (the SHOWDOWN with Revan) I would not have said a word... really really let-down

Get a good healer.

/thread.

Post a useful response.

/reply

And by the way, a good healer won't do it. Do you even know how to read? We came in with half of our NM A team and couldn't get him past 20% in full 186s and above.

Whatever you do folks, do NOT reset the quest thinking it will just set you back a conversation. Now I have to kill the four dudes and do the six dailies all over again. But guess what? The dailies are already greyed out, so I have to wait until tomorrow to finish the damn thing.

Super frustrating.

Edited by thebvp

Ive seen screw ups in games before but man this one takes the cake.

It's like reading your favorite book series, getting to the last chapters and then realizing the publishers ripped out the last pages.

Its a screw up where it counts most.

Edited by Quraswren

I ran in to this same problem yesterday when questing but figured out away around it. Since the quest is bugged I will post how I did it. I think it works 100% but i have only done it twice so far. Both times worked.

To know how to do it you need to know the mechanics. At 70% and 30% he is pushing all NPC to the pillars. You cant do anything when this happens and its bugged you die quickly.

If you go out and the door to the room is closed leave the instance and reset the phase. Do Not, I repeat do not reset the quest, if you so you will have to start over with the dailies and have to wait one day to do it again. (Happened to a guildy i was questing with, felt so bad for him) Resetting the phase will reopen the door.

Now to work around this this is what you need to do:

Go in and get him down to 70%. All NPC's will go to pillars. Just Die. After you die you an use medical probe but dont. Wait till he kills off all the NPC at the poles. Once he kills them all he resets back to the center and all the NPC come back as if to start again. But the fight doesnt reset completely. Now use your the medical probe. Heal up and attack again. He will now be able to be DPS him past 70% all the way down to 30% where he will put everyone at the poles and kill you again. Wait till he kills everyone and resets him and the NPC's. Use medical probe again. attack again, this time he wont do that move at either 70% or 30% and you can DPS him all the way down to 0.

Takes forever but works.

I don't know if this would be an exploit or not since the quest is bugged. I like to think of it as creative approach to the problem. The dev;s can feel free to delete this if they feel it neccessary.

This worked for me too, thanks for the tip!

This worked for me too, thanks for the tip!

I wanted to add that approach worked for me as well. Mad props to msegina! :D

(Now that I've seen it, and pretty much all the solo endings are going to be mostly identical, I guess I'll wait on my other characters until they patch it. As a shadow tank, it did take a while to get him to 70%, die, 30%, die, kill him, but it did work! Thanks again!)

Ive seen screw ups in games before but man this one takes the cake.

It's like reading your favorite book series, getting to the last chapters and then realizing the publishers ripped out the last pages.

Its a screw up where it counts most.

So much this. This fight should have been the most polished thing of this expansion.

It's the conclusion for crying out loud, you cannot mess this up. And yet they did. Just unbelievable.

I wanted to add that approach worked for me as well. Mad props to msegina! :D

(Now that I've seen it, and pretty much all the solo endings are going to be mostly identical, I guess I'll wait on my other characters until they patch it. As a shadow tank, it did take a while to get him to 70%, die, 30%, die, kill him, but it did work! Thanks again!)

Glad It has help!

I ran in to this same problem yesterday when questing but figured out away around it. Since the quest is bugged I will post how I did it. I think it works 100% but i have only done it twice so far. Both times worked.

To know how to do it you need to know the mechanics. At 70% and 30% he is pushing all NPC to the pillars. You cant do anything when this happens and its bugged you die quickly.

If you go out and the door to the room is closed leave the instance and reset the phase. Do Not, I repeat do not reset the quest, if you so you will have to start over with the dailies and have to wait one day to do it again. (Happened to a guildy i was questing with, felt so bad for him) Resetting the phase will reopen the door.

Go in and get him down to 70%. All NPC's will go to pillars. Just Die. After you die you an use medical probe but dont. Wait till he kills off all the NPC at the poles. Once he kills them all he resets back to the center and all the NPC come back as if to start again. But the fight doesnt reset completely. Now use your the medical probe. Heal up and attack again. He will now be able to be DPS him past 70% all the way down to 30% where he will put everyone at the poles and kill you again. Wait till he kills everyone and resets him and the NPC's. Use medical probe again. attack again, this time he wont do that move at either 70% or 30% and you can DPS him all the way down to 0.

Takes forever but works.

I don't know if this would be an exploit or not since the quest is bugged. I like to think of it as creative approach to the problem. The dev;s can feel free to delete this if they feel it neccessary.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this, it worked perfectly when I tried it. I was having many of the aforementioned problems most people brought up in this thread and this allowed me to get past the fight. :cool:

This didn't work for me, as he cast the ability anyway :(

Edited by Lurtzello

It is right at the top of the list, and we are looking to get it fixed ASAP! Sorry for the inconvenience folks!

-Tait

Not really good enough, the experience is ruined. Like watching your favorite TV program and as they get to the end, they roll a local commercial over the ending.

It is right at the top of the list, and we are looking to get it fixed ASAP! Sorry for the inconvenience folks!

-Tait

How this hasn't been a "hey devs, come in at 3 am and we'll buy you pizza, scotch, a ferarri" I don't understand. ITS BEEN DAYS. This ruins the VERY FIGHT the v 3.0 is NAMED AFTER, and you people haven't fixed it? I'm usually really tolerant of bugs/fixes/tweaks/mistake and have really been a champion of Bioware / SWTOR even in the less-than-great times, but I am beyond livid at how broken this is.

"sorry for the inconvenience" doesn't cut it here. If you want to know why:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7842514&postcount=39

This didn't work for me, as he cast the ability anyway :(

Yeah, it's a crap shoot. I did this with my wife (even kept my healer companion guarded so treek wouldn't pull threat even in heal mode). Worked the 2nd time for her. bugged 4 times for me (sometimes got orbs at 65 but not 35, sometimes at 35 not 65) but I could never complete the fight. Then I died, med centered and was locked out of the gate in my own instance, and when I reset it, it wanted me to do the whole questline again, WHICH YOU CANNOT BECAUSE THEY ARE DAILIES (who the heck thought that up, probably the same sadistic bastard who did the Crier quest on Rishi).

Irritated Statement: Between this and the fact that the "neutral ground" on Yavin IV isn't neutral is definitely not cool. It's so uncool that it has spontaneously combusted into a massive mushroom cloud.

Conclusion: This hasn't ruined the story for me (which I love so much), but now I can't finish it. And I won't even begin the story on my other 7 characters until this is fixed.

How this hasn't been a "hey devs, come in at 3 am and we'll buy you pizza, scotch, a ferarri" I don't understand. ITS BEEN DAYS. This ruins the VERY FIGHT the v 3.0 is NAMED AFTER, and you people haven't fixed it? I'm usually really tolerant of bugs/fixes/tweaks/mistake and have really been a champion of Bioware / SWTOR even in the less-than-great times, but I am beyond livid at how broken this is.

"sorry for the inconvenience" doesn't cut it here. If you want to know why:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7842514&postcount=39

Yeah, pretty much this. I try to be tolerant as well, but this totally soured the whole experience I had playing the new content. I can laugh off most bugs (my Shadow was doing something rather painful and obscene with her saber in one cutscene...) and understand you can't fix them all. But this? The one point where it should've been tested to death, and clearly wasn't.

Sorry isn't good enough. If its a complicated issue to solve then there should've been a system alert warning people in advance so that at the very least we could've avoided frustration.

I really want to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but I feel like a beta tester. Please, fix it as soon as possible, and let your customers know what the problem was. You're not going to be punished for being upfront and open about this sort of thing - especially from the people who are big enough fans to pre-purchase.

What was the pts for if you failed to pick up this issue...Or were you made aware of it and just didn't fix it:rolleyes:

It worked during PTS.

On a related note, when he gets to 65% let him kill you and then wait for him to kill all your allies. Then spawn on the med probe and start it again. Get to 35%, let him kill you and all your allies again.

Third time, he'll skip the mechanic entirely and you can complete the fight.

Edited by Nothematic

Post a useful response.

/reply

And by the way, a good healer won't do it. Do you even know how to read? We came in with half of our NM A team and couldn't get him past 20% in full 186s and above.

Whatever you do folks, do NOT reset the quest thinking it will just set you back a conversation. Now I have to kill the four dudes and do the six dailies all over again. But guess what? The dailies are already greyed out, so I have to wait until tomorrow to finish the damn thing.

Super frustrating.

Then you're bad?

I killed him 7 times today, healed every pull and he bugged every pull.

Bringing the servers down early to adress this is stupid, people want it that badly go find a decent healer. I did it at level 58 with some Obroan gear so it can't be that bad. Dropping servers, it's always prime time for someone and the bug isn't worth that.