BW, thank you for the addtional class story!

CmdrShpd

The *Sith Warrior* is the generic sith.

Really? Because about 20% of the dialogue in the SW story is dedicated solely to everyone telling you how awesome you are.

The SI gets his special powers through Sith work, while the SW is just inherently that amazing.

I suppose they're both pretty "special", in terms of characters.

But in the terms of the storyline path, SW's path is totally unique and special, instantly starting out as a Darth's right hand and after 2 chapters becoming the biggest shot in the whole Empire. All through no effort of his own, rather bestowed upon him from above in recognition of his awesomeness.

SI's story is an answer to a simple question: "How does one make a career as a Sith?" Aside from particular diversions, it's all a largely linear climb while building your own power base. Building, not being granted; and no one's really impressed with you, every other big shot Sith has cool tricks, even the Council simply sees you as good enough in the end.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite part of the added class story when I did the warrior one is

how it kind of implied that there might be more later, I don't know it just felt like it was saying that more coming in the future and that my character was not done yet, it definitely seemed to hint at that

Edited by Sangrar

Really? Because about 20% of the dialogue in the SW story is dedicated solely to everyone telling you how awesome you are.

The SI gets his special powers through Sith work, while the SW is just inherently that amazing.

I suppose they're both pretty "special", in terms of characters.

But in the terms of the storyline path, SW's path is totally unique and special, instantly starting out as a Darth's right hand and after 2 chapters becoming the biggest shot in the whole Empire. All through no effort of his own, rather bestowed upon him from above in recognition of his awesomeness.

SI's story is an answer to a simple question: "How does one make a career as a Sith?" Aside from particular diversions, it's all a largely linear climb while building your own power base. Building, not being granted; and no one's really impressed with you, every other big shot Sith has cool tricks, even the Council simply sees you as good enough in the end.

I guess you don't understand what I'm saying. Other than being born a Force User, the Sith Warrior rises solely because of in-game actions taken by the player (at least where I am, which is Chapter 2). In contrast, the Sith Inquisitor (I'm in Chapter 3) succeeds because the writer gave the SI certain powers (control of Force Ghosts, etc.) that are only usable in cut scenes, and are only usable to overcome obstacles that would be presumably insurmountable without those powers. The Sith Warrior's lineage is of no consequence; the Sith Inquisitor survives only because of the protection of an ancestor.

The Knight story is good and the Consular bad for the same reasons.

I'm not saying that they are bad stories -- they might make good books or movies -- I'm saying that they are bad *video game* stories.

I guess you don't understand what I'm saying. Other than being born a Force User, the Sith Warrior rises solely because of in-game actions taken by the player (at least where I am, which is Chapter 2).

Ah. Wait till you're in Chapter 3. It all comes together in a predictable, but quite deus ex machina moment.

I wouldn't say it's really all the player's actions. Was it the player's actions that had prisoners flown in from Korriban? Was it the player's actions that had the Warrior assigned immediately an apprentice to a Darth, rather than some nobody lord?

Inquisitor's binding of ghosts is not exactly innate; it's a ritual he learns, and pays a hefty price. What's more, as you meet a certain Darth, you discover every significant Sith has their own strength to counter yours; so you're special, but so is everyone else. As a Warrior, your path is really a walk in the park.

Throughout Chapter 3, ghosts don't even matter till the final battle; it's your power base, built by you and Zash, that earns you the power and ultimately the seat.

So.. the Agent addition was superb and opens things up for much more to come.

The Trooper story was good, and bitter sweet, but perfect with the story that came before.

The Consular story was interesting and tame. I think it was on par with the over Consular story, the good and the bad.

Now working on the Knight story. But over all, this little breadcrumb should once again highlight that the core audience wants more of this type of thing. Great stuff.

Yeh I am happy to get some class story in there again. My only complaint is that there isn't more of it really. One quest was something but more is welcome.

As a sidenote, I do agree with the decision to take the convo approach away from daily quests. I generally like the story parts but for daily quests it's not needed imo.

I didn't find the Sith warrior story to be interesting in the slightest. It felt like one of those filler chapters in a book where the hero leaves to achieve some quest but other events transpire making the it all a waste of time. Until I completed the main story arc I was expecting an invite to dock on a ship to finish the story.

At the end of that quest you can

choke the hand guy and tell him to buzz off

- I liked doing that a lot.