I hate the new Annihilation

KarathAnno

It probably puts out competitive DPS but it feels so much worse now.

Rupture ticking every 2 seconds. Self healing way down. More spamming filler attacks... just ugh. :mad:

Oh man :( Annihilation is the only marauder spec I like....I was already sad that they got no new animation, and no way to counter CC effectively. This doesn't sound good.

Wait...Rupture ticks every 2 seconds?? ***? Why?

Edited by Vember

Oh man :( Annihilation is the only marauder spec I like....I was already sad that they got no new animation, and no way to counter CC effectively. This doesn't sound good.

Wait...Rupture ticks every 2 seconds?? ***? Why?

While everyone in thread may be correct on the feel, they have a lot more to counter CC with now.

probably you have to see the whole picture (dont want to say its good or better, I didnt try out myself yet)

there is a new DoT ability (Force Gash, Force Melt) so overall we didnt lose those ticks, i guess same ticks, more damage, same healing.

And spreading a 12 sec DoT over a crowd of people seems rather fine. Having 2 DoTs on 3+ people ticking is much more than it was before.

I saw some good improvements in our tree. 30 sec timer on Annihilation for example, so having Annihilation almost all time available with 6 sec cooldown.

Double damage on our ranged AoE-attack.

50% slow on our DoT and Leap

ok, other classes got fine things too, but its too early to complain, isnt it?

probably you have to see the whole picture (dont want to say its good or better, I didnt try out myself yet)

there is a new DoT ability (Force Gash, Force Melt) so overall we didnt lose those ticks, i guess same ticks, more damage, same healing.

And spreading a 12 sec DoT over a crowd of people seems rather fine. Having 2 DoTs on 3+ people ticking is much more than it was before.

I saw some good improvements in our tree. 30 sec timer on Annihilation for example, so having Annihilation almost all time available with 6 sec cooldown.

If there's 1 thing I've learned from MMO players, it's that it's never too early to complain.

If there's 1 thing I've learned from MMO players, it's that it's never too early to complain.

I am not saying it is mechanically worse, only that I find it a lot less fun today then I did yesterday. And while it's true that I do not yet have Force Rend I don't think having another long duration, no cooldown DoT will make it any more interesting to play.

too early to complain depends on when you first experienced it. I'm sure people that are posting videos already on the new fights are probably able to complain more than people who haven't used new specs yet. *shrug*

Yeah. This is something i cant be of service though. Since i recently returned to swor i dont have the insight those/you people have. But i wanted to play one of each role. So i pushed my tank, levelled a healer, and levelled this mara too. And i loved it so far. I hope (if the dps dont meet the requirements, what it seems like), that they soon change things. But thats a hope for sure, only ! Today ill stick to anni for levelling, that gave me the best numbers and playability ! Carnage, which id prefer, seems really be dead, also by numbers. There, they made a big mistake i think. But, u know: thats from a semi-expierienced-returner ;-) !

I dunno, a view from Nooberland is that it played easier, as most of the attack rotation was available, and the procs came fast... I am only working through the FA solo so I haven't tried it against the on the level stuff or in PvP yet. But it felt smoother. Well, to a noob that I am.

I am not saying it is mechanically worse, only that I find it a lot less fun today then I did yesterday. And while it's true that I do not yet have Force Rend I don't think having another long duration, no cooldown DoT will make it any more interesting to play.

I come from playing a Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock in WoW, so dots are nothing new to me. I haven't had much of a chance to play yet, but I'm really looking forward to trying it out when I get home tonight for a little bit.

Edited by sloasdaylight

I am disappointed after trying out annihilation at level 60. It really is no fun at all. It's simply become mechanical and boring, tbh. Carnage is much the same. Not impressed by the gore change and removing rupture = easier rotation, but also far more boring. Fury is the only spec that has come out of 3.0 as something positive. I honestly have no idea what I will do now. I will have to test out the operations and see how it feels, but my hopes are rather low.

I am disappointed after trying out annihilation at level 60. It really is no fun at all. It's simply become mechanical and boring, tbh. Carnage is much the same. Not impressed by the gore change and removing rupture = easier rotation, but also far more boring. Fury is the only spec that has come out of 3.0 as something positive. I honestly have no idea what I will do now. I will have to test out the operations and see how it feels, but my hopes are rather low.

Fury from my point of view is playing slow, still too much delay with majority of the skills having 12-18 CDs

New annihilation is largely the same except we have an extra dot, can increase the DPS on DST and are less reliant on spamming vicious slash as a filler (force scream is now a viable filler again and if im not mistaken can also get a DPS increase) aside from looking at the timers of our 2 non CD dots our rotation is the same except we can filler with Scream and Vicious slash (which you were doing before 3.0 anyway, well not scream but vicious slash anyway) Edited by Faardor

My Sig sort of says it all. I know most of the other NiM tier Marauders are also not going to be playing the class anymore as it just isn't fun like it was.

Was trying to hold off on commenting before I got her in a raid...but god damn. Rupture at 12s makes this a pitiful spec. Still haven't found a new class I like to play so most likely going to just ride it out and hope for the best.

It's just nothing but fillers now...and the fillers are not that impressive. Definitely say that I preferred Rupture as a 6s DoT because it was at least a challenge and not a borefest.

Yeah I tried it the Ravagers OP this evening and have to say I was very under whelmed by the changes. I may have roll the FOTM ranged class once I find out what one it is this time, or maybe give a vanguard a go.

Oh and someone commented earlier about the spreading of dots being nice on the smash tbh I found that since the dots ticked so slowly everything was dead before it helped my aoe in any appreciable way. Though maybe that's just because I am not used to the changes yet.

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

New annihilation is largely the same except we have an extra dot, can increase the DPS on DST and are less reliant on spamming vicious slash as a filler (force scream is now a viable filler again and if im not mistaken can also get a DPS increase) aside from looking at the timers of our 2 non CD dots our rotation is the same except we can filler with Scream and Vicious slash (which you were doing before 3.0 anyway, well not scream but vicious slash anyway)

I have to disagree here. The longer duration no cooldown dots and the lack of the reset mechanic on rupture/cauterize changes the spec fundamentally. Getting max DPS now is mostly about reapplying the long duration dots as they expire and getting direct damage attacks on cooldown without depleting focus. The class actually felt like it had better PvP burst due to the slow ticking dots all overlapping with all three stacked and merciless stacks being easier to get and maintain, but I really felt like I was not playing the spec to anything close to it's potential because I found myself wanting to reapply cauterize every 6 seconds.

I have to disagree here. The longer duration no cooldown dots and the lack of the reset mechanic on rupture/cauterize changes the spec fundamentally. Getting max DPS now is mostly about reapplying the long duration dots as they expire and getting direct damage attacks on cooldown without depleting focus. The class actually felt like it had better PvP burst due to the slow ticking dots all overlapping with all three stacked and merciless stacks being easier to get and maintain, but I really felt like I was not playing the spec to anything close to it's potential because I found myself wanting to reapply cauterize every 6 seconds.

sounds like a personal problem of you needing to get acclimated to the changes more

also to those who are screaming bloody murder about rupture / cauterize it actually does more damage now than it did in 2.10 you're just crying that youre not re-applying it every so often (honestly if you were re-applying it too soon you were gonna DPS bleed anyway having to manage it with a no CD skill now means you dont have that DPS loss)

sounds like a personal problem of you needing to get acclimated to the changes more

also to those who are screaming bloody murder about rupture / cauterize it actually does more damage now than it did in 2.10 you're just crying that youre not re-applying it every so often (honestly if you were re-applying it too soon you were gonna DPS bleed anyway having to manage it with a no CD skill now means you dont have that DPS loss)

What most are complaining about is the change in how the spec feels when they really liked the way it was before. I have a feeling it will be extremely effective once acclimated to, but I cannot fault anyone for disliking the feel of it now as it is quite different.