Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just spent around 50k at the trainer for skills that I already earned.

TheBBP

Are you sure its not still not the actual ability tab? On my trooper pulse cannon disappeared, but it was still on the ability window

Not 100%, will check later when I can log back in.

It may be the case, since all heroic abilities were also randomly removed on my sorc but were still in the legacy tab.

Edited by CrutchCricket

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahah

I just logged on my merc for the first time today, and did the same as I'd done on my mando (both were identical mirrors). However for my merc, I only had to train new stuff.

Long story short, my mando got screwed. :p

Is this only affecting republic? Or just specific archetypes?

I saw your post and started logging in my Imperial characters to check. My Sage and Shadow both have been prompted to retrain Force Lift. My Sorceror never lost Whirlwind and doesn't have to retrain it. Neither does my assassin. I have more mirrors I can test but maybe it's completely effed up Republic side only.

Edit: Bleh. I was radical and did differing specs on my other level capped mirror classes so can't reproduce exactly. Ah well.

Edited by Zin-Zin

Sorry dude but your wrong - I was gunnery speck before patch and gunnery speck after patch and the skill trainer is charging me for standard commando abilities again such as charged bolts!

Fair enough, no need to be sorry. I could have certainly been wrong about that.

Well, I would like to find out what was base and what was skill tree. That would indicate whether or not they are paid or specced abilities.

Obviously having to pay for prior specced abilities is probably bad form, but at least that could be considered reasonable if there is a benefit. Naturally, paying twice is not good under any circumstance.

Wow, you people act as if they are requiring Cartel Coins to purchase your abilities.

It's in-game currency, easily obtained. I know it sucks having to re-purchase abilities (I took

quite a hit myself) but it's not like there is much else to buy with credits.

Its not the point (for me anyway) what currency is needed its the principle that I have already paid for something and don't believe that I should be paying again for the same thing.

Well, I would like to find out what was base and what was skill tree. That would indicate whether or not they are paid or specced abilities.

Obviously having to pay for prior specced abilities is probably bad form, but at least that could be considered reasonable if there is a benefit. Naturally, paying twice is not good under any circumstance.

If you didn't have to use a skill point to obtain it before, it was paid for. If it cost a skill point, it was given for free.

Yeah this really has to be a bug. I checked my Vanguard!tank and she doesn't have to re-buy any of the skills she previously had. There are a couple brand new things but that's to be expected. My Mercenary!healer seems to be fine too.

5 Merc skills to train:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/Valor/mercskills.jpg

8 Mando skills to train:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/Valor/mandoskills.jpg

Not only does the mando need to retrain two old skills (and all their ranks) while the merc doesn't, but also the merc gets one of the new ones for free lol.

Edited by Jherad

Long story short, my mando got screwed. :p

Is this only affecting republic? Or just specific archetypes?

Pretty much this for me, too. My Commando had a lot of abilities I had to pay to train for, again. All the training levels. Probably around +50k just for the Mando. The costliest. I also logged on to my Sorc, Operative, Sage, Scoundrel, Gunslinger, and Sniper. All had abilities I had to pay for training again (all are level 55, and except for the Operative I leveled them to 55 pre-12XP so I paid for the ability training costs already) though none as many as the Commando.

I have enough credits to pay the training costs. Still, it's annoying to have to pay again for abilities I already paid for.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Confirmed, Resurgence is in fact a former specced skill. So the question now would be why was it moved to a base skill, and why, still would one be expected to pay for it now. Perhaps that is bad form.

I think that Bioware should make it clear as to why folks are having to pay for skills they once had in a spec. That should alleviate some of the rage over this.

I personally find little issue with paying for resurgence now.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. This is very confusing lol.

But then Its not that difficult to confuse me, so there is that.....

There is definitely a bug based on posts saying mirrored abilities do not have to be purchased from both factions. As to whether abilities that used to be skill points and are now base abilities, we would need the cost to be confirmed as either a bug or intended. I assume intended because otherwise it would be free if you rolled a new toon.

It's clearly just a bug.

I guess my only real question is how wasn't this picked up immediately in testing? It's kind of a fundamental, and a difference between mirrors should have stuck out like a sore thumb (like it did today).

Confirmed, Resurgence is in fact a former specced skill. So the question now would be why was it moved to a base skill, and why, still would one be expected to pay for it now. Perhaps that is bad form.

I think that Bioware should make it clear as to why folks are having to pay for skills they once had in a spec. That should alleviate some of the rage over this.

I'm pretty sure my healer spec Sage already paid for a higher rank of Resurgence so I don't understand why I have to re-buy the entire lot of ranks when I was only granted one for free via the skill tree. Force Lift was previously a base skill and appears to STILL be a base skill because my Sage and Shadow both have it. They also both have to re-buy it. My Assassin and Sorceror do not have to re-buy Whirlwind (the mirror skill to Force Lift). I kept the same Disciplines on all 4 characters and only the 2 Republic ones are being prompted to re-buy a baseline skill.

What I wonder is, how the hell do they fix it? do they say it shouldnt be charged then refund people who payed for their skills? Do they say it should be charged and then charge those who didn't? is it even possible to differentiate on their system who paid and who didn't?

It's clearly just a bug. I guess my only real question is how wasn't this picked up immediately in testing? It's kind of a fundamental, and a difference between mirrors should have stuck out like a sore thumb (like it did today).

We'll never know because NDA on the closed testing server extends forever, but in the testing environment they probably did things to expedite testing on new or copied characters like putting in an auto-level-up console, zeroing out all skill training costs, etc. So it's a good chance nobody paid anything for any skills throughout CTS testing.

We'll never know because NDA on the closed testing server extends forever, but in the testing environment they probably did things to expedite testing on new or copied characters like putting in an auto-level-up console, zeroing out all skill training costs, etc. So it's a good chance nobody paid anything for any skills throughout CTS testing.

Not to make too big a deal of it, but I'm not even talking about PTS testing. This is basic QA stuff that should have been tested internally. Some employee doing very basic sanity testing on the post patch login experience.

I frequently wonder if they even have a QA team these days.

Edited by Jherad

They moved it to a base skill because they got rid of the casted heal you used to have access to, I think it was Dark Infusion. They did the same for all healer classes. They got rid of the heals you cast and replaced them with instants from the healing tree.

I'm pretty sure my healer spec Sage already paid for a higher rank of Resurgence so I don't understand why I have to re-buy the entire lot of ranks when I was only granted one for free via the skill tree. Force Lift was previously a base skill and appears to STILL be a base skill because my Sage and Shadow both have it. They also both have to re-buy it. My Assassin and Sorceror do not have to re-buy Whirlwind (the mirror skill to Force Lift). I kept the same Disciplines on all 4 characters and only the 2 Republic ones are being prompted to re-buy a baseline skill.

Ah, yes, I didn't think of that. If I had to pay to upgrade resurgence, then that would count as credit cost. It would not matter if it was initially granted as a spec ability.

They moved it to a base skill because they got rid of the casted heal you used to have access to, I think it was Dark Infusion. They did the same for all healer classes. They got rid of the heals you cast and replaced them with instants from the healing tree.

That may be the case, but only heal I seem to be missing at this point is resurgence....I may have missed that one though.

All this whine over a few tens of thousands of credits..

Really?

Credits fall like candy in this game your beef is having to pay for a few skills?

Regardless,

go out and do either Ilum or black hole and you will be fine.

If you lvled to 55 without saving any money then what can I say......

All this whine over a few tens of thousands of credits..

Really?

Credits fall like candy in this game your beef is having to pay for a few skills?

Regardless,

go out and do either Ilum or black hole and you will be fine.

If you lvled to 55 without saving any money then what can I say......

Since it seems to be a no effort thing for you, how about you go ahead and go grind for a while and you can hand out credits to everyone affected by this.

I am sure you would be willing, considering it is "so easy to earn credits", right?

I'll start the list of folks that you can send credits to. Always here to help.....

Edited by LordArtemis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.