Thanks for the bad infor Eric.

Warrgames

I would like to take this moment from playing the game to thank you Eric for your horrible information that you present to us. You list below states that Black Market, Underworld, Kell Dragon, Dread Forged and Dread Master would be available from drops, vendors, and token exchange vendors. Expect in 3.0 only Black Market gear is available from vendors. I’ve looked every place and nothing.

Fleet in the Supply area: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear. Token exchange vendor.

The Ziost Shadow: Kell Dragon Token exchange.

Makeb Station: Has 60 basic vendor. I have no idea why someone max level would go shopping for gear at Makeb

CZ-168: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Oricon: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Rishi: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Yavin 4: Does not have 55 basic vendor.

Thank you again for the bad information that wasted my time and commendation in getting ready for 3.0.

The following items will still be available from drops, vendors, and token exchange vendors:
  • Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

The following are no longer available on vendors, but can still be found as drops:

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

The following were only available as drops, and will still be available only as drops:

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Also as a reminder, all current PvP sets will be removed from the game and replaced with the new level 60 sets. You can still find their equivalent appearance in their PvE form though.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I would like to take this moment from playing the game to thank you Eric for your horrible information that you present to us. You list below states that Black Market, Underworld, Kell Dragon, Dread Forged and Dread Master would be available from drops, vendors, and token exchange vendors. Expect in 3.0 only Black Market gear is available from vendors. I’ve looked every place and nothing.

Fleet in the Supply area: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear. Token exchange vendor.

The Ziost Shadow: Kell Dragon Token exchange.

Makeb Station: Has 60 basic vendor. I have no idea why someone max level would go shopping for gear at Makeb

CZ-168: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Oricon: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Rishi: The 55 basic vendor only has Black Market Gear

Yavin 4: Does not have 55 basic vendor.

Thank you again for the bad information that wasted my time and commendation in getting ready for 3.0.

You need to chill out. Don't blame Eric, he passes information along that he gets from the DEVs. He is not the source, he is a messenger and has to deal with people like you. If you are confused by your situation create an inquiry rather than an insult.

Stop being a shmuck.

well have you taken a moment to consider that maybe he wasn't wrong?

some of those items will be available from vendors.

some of those items will still be drops.

some of those items will be token echanges.

I guess maybe he should have used an OR instead of an AND..stupid english language. I'm assuming Nim SV still drops Kell Dragon gear and vendor is probably still over by the S&V entry but I can't confirm this.

I would also assume DF/DP still drop Dread forged and Dread Master gear and or tokens that can be exchanged. As with everything previous, I assume BIS gear only drops from Operations,the mix and match gear can be purchased from coms via vendors.

You need to chill out. Don't blame Eric, he passes information along that he gets from the DEVs. He is not the source, he is a messenger and has to deal with people like you. If you are confused by your situation create an inquiry rather than an insult.

Stop being a shmuck.

I'm not confused. The information that was given, is not the same as it is in 3.0. Nothing to be confused about. The problem with the information given is that it should have been or instead of an and statement. The problem is the message which is what Eric wrote. I doubt the DEV team gave him that typed out message and he just copy and pasted it. They most likely gave him a list and he turned it into a posting.

There are new vendors where the makeb/corellia vendors were on fleet. try looking harder

Go take a look for yourself. I did.

In the area on fleet where Makeb, Coreilla and Voss comm vender use to be. Now has Makeb and Risha item mod vendor. A 50 basic comm vendor that has all classic comm gear. 50 token exchange vendor. A 55 basic comm vendor that has nothing but black market gear and 55 token exchange vendor. I've check both imp and pub fleets. You need look harder before you post.

Stop being a shmuck.

QFT please take this advice

Go take a look for yourself. I did.

In the area on fleet where Makeb, Coreilla and Voss comm vender use to be. Now has Makeb and Risha item mod vendor. A 50 basic comm vendor that has all classic comm gear. 50 token exchange vendor. A 55 basic comm vendor that has nothing but black market gear and 55 token exchange vendor. I've check both imp and pub fleets. You need look harder before you post.

Eric didn't give bad info he never said 180 and 186 would be purchasable with com just that they will come from drops and vendors which they do. You just have to do ops to get them

Edited by MisterBlackJack

I'm confused.

I took the message as those gear sets would be available the same way they are available currently.

People thought it would mean you could Dread Master gear directly from a vendor, and are shocked that you can't?

Seriously?

I told people they weren't going to be buying 186s with comms, they would need tokens just like with NiM TFB gear, but they didn't want to listen.

Uh...actually you can buy 186 gear with Basic comms. I presume it's not the same gear that drops from Nim operations, but it's 186 gear.

Sorry to disagree but I understood Eric and immediately was concerned that exactly this would be the case then grinded to get the last few pieces I needed.

BUT let me add A LOT to that. I saw this before and was aware it MAY happen again and I do AGREE that I never saw a respectable question and answer session with the Devs or BioWare. I don't 100% count on what limited information Eric can give me in a few tiny posts. I watch the streams and read the information releases from all over, maybe information not officially supported by BioWare but was not sensitive or too revealing in any way.

And to that situation the amount of secrecy of any information on 3.0 was far too extreme. Players on the PTS were not "in the mood" to discuss even freely available information. They were not able to discern what was forbidden to discuss and what was okay to discuss, questions about the vendor locations and what they sold to me would have been harmless information and removed any possible angst.

Edited by DyreMaker

I told people they weren't going to be buying 186s with comms, they would need tokens just like with NiM TFB gear, but they didn't want to listen.

Uh...actually you can buy 186 gear with Basic comms. I presume it's not the same gear that drops from Nim operations, but it's 186 gear.

This ^ gloating when you're wrong just makes you look more foolish and unreliable

Edited by _NovaBlast_

I'm confused.

I took the message as those gear sets would be available the same way they are available currently.

People thought it would mean you could Dread Master gear directly from a vendor, and are shocked that you can't?

Seriously?

Before 2.0 comes out best gear in the game you could buy was 146 without set bonus for level 50.. When 2.0 comes out the best a player can buy is 146 set bonus for level 50.

Before 3.0 comes out the best gear you could buy was 180 no set bonus for level 55. After 3.0 the best gear you can buy is 162 no set bonus for level 55.

I'm confused how the best gear we can buy with comms got worse with expansion. I am not the only one that made the same assumption based off the information presented. Since there are post after post about it, to which the they never stepped in and corrected people.

Before 2.0 comes out best gear in the game you could buy was 146 without set bonus for level 50.. When 2.0 comes out the best a player can buy is 146 set bonus for level 50.

Before 3.0 comes out the best gear you could buy was 180 no set bonus for level 55. After 3.0 the best gear you can buy is 162 no set bonus for level 55.

This is just wrong. At 55, you can currently buy 172 gear for Basic Comms. Once you reach level 60, you can buy 186 gear for Basic Comms.

I'm confused how the best gear we can buy with comms got worse with expansion. I am not the only one that made the same assumption based off the information presented. Since there are post after post about it, to which the they never stepped in and corrected people.

162, really? That would be odd considering you can buy 172 mods directly right now....I would think the gear should be at least 172 with mods.