Black Friday Collection Unlocks NOT on Sale

eartharioch

Yes, there are already a lot of Black Friday threads. Many CM items seem to be 50% off, but unfortunately, there is no pattern or way of knowing which item unlocks are discounted. Since most items do appear to be discounted, I thought it might be useful to have a thread listing which ones aren't (or at least the expensive ones), so people don't have to go through a bunch of other threads, or (even worse), find out the hard way (like I did).

Thana Vesh's Armor (360 CC; no discount)

Edited by eartharioch

All the unlocks that are on sale have the top right corner of their icon marked red and prominently display "-50%" next to the unlock price. I'm not sure what you mean by "hard way", you can hardly miss it.

yes, if you look at the Cartel Market window. But we have to click the unlock button on each and every item in our collection to see that little red marker, now don't we... that is, if you want to find out which aren't on sale. Or worse, spending a lot of time flipping pages back to front to find the damn thing you want to unlock to begin with.

if that ain't a ******** of clicking (e.g. euphemistically called 'the hard way') then I don't know what is...

Edited by LeJarC

All the unlocks that are on sale have the top right corner of their icon marked red and prominently display "-50%" next to the unlock price. I'm not sure what you mean by "hard way", you can hardly miss it.

You can't get to that window unless you have the item already unlocked on one of your characters. So, if you want to know if an item's [account-wide] unlock is discounted, you have to unlock the item on of your characters first. In my case, had I known that Thana Vesh's armor wasn't discounted, I wouldn't have unlocked it on one of my characters today.

I have several items sets that aren't a good enough match for my current characters/companions for me to justify using the item on of them and paying the regular price to unlock for the account, as I am saving them for use on characters I have planned to make in the future, but that I would if the account-wide unlock was 50%.

These are the ones I found.

Armor:

• Noble Attendant's Armor Set
  • Thul Statesman's Armor Set
  • Ulgo Statesman's Armor Set
  • Alde Statesman's Armor Set
  • Organa Statesman's Armor Set
  • Diabolist Armor Set
  • Matriarchal Armor Set
  • Imperial Huttball Home Uniform
  • Republic Huttball Home Uniform
  • Rotworm Huttball Away Uniform
  • Covert Energy Boots
  • Covert Energy Gloves
  • Relaxed Jumpsuit

Weapons:

• Infiltrator's Compact Sniper Rifle
  • Corsec Electrobaton
  • Mantellian Peacemaker Besh (Grek unlock is discounted, though :confused:)

Toys:

• Remote Control Starship

Edited by KyaniteD

Does anyone know if the Noble Attendant, Troublemaker, Mantellian Privateer, and Vrook Lamar set unlocks are discounted? I've got 'em stashed away in my cargo hold, but I'd like to use and unlock them if the price is right. :)

I haven't checked anything and found it lacking a discount. However, I can confirm that the Ajunta Pall set costs 300 CC and the Gurian Rose costs 200 CC right now -- they ARE on sale, but they were rather expensive to begin with.

Edited by Gwena

Does anyone know if the Noble Attendant, Troublemaker, Mantellian Privateer, and Vrook Lamar set unlocks are discounted? I've got 'em stashed away in my cargo hold, but I'd like to use and unlock them if the price is right. :)

I haven't checked anything and found it lacking a discount. However, I can confirm that the Ajunta Pall set costs 300 CC and the Gurian Rose costs 200 CC right now -- they ARE on sale, but they were rather expensive to begin with.

The Mantellian Privateer is discounted -- I unlocked that one earlier today myself. I don't remember the price, though. I don't know about the others.

Edited by eartharioch

Noble Attendant's is not discounted. :(

I find this a bit odd, since the email I got says ALL unlocks are 50% off:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/kyanited/blackfriday_zps4c7608be.jpeg

Edited by KyaniteD

Those were already worth paying for, purely for the XP boosts you can get :p

I know, I know, I have them unlocked, which is why I couldn't tell if they're discounted. ;) I have a whole set in my inventory that I want to sell and their unlock being discounted is a great selling point. :)

Edited by KyaniteD

Thanks very much for the info, eartharioch and KyaniteD (I don't know how I missed that in your post)! :)

Not all good news, but hey, at least now I know to keep that Noble Attendant set stashed away for now. I already have the Handmaiden set unlocked anyway, I guess. xD