Is this what you call Black Friday?

Vodamin

Yea, it's not really in the spirit of Black Friday. The discounts are usually deep and limited by supply or time.

I know that last time, on June 7th they had the following items...

9 am CDT – Solus Secant – 90 % OFF – 150 CC (Legacy Unlock 50 CC)

10 am CDT – Sand People Pillager Armor Set – 90% OFF – 144 CC (Legacy Unlock 40 CC)

11 am CDT – VX-9 Mailoc – 90% OFF –180 CC

Noon CDT – Quick Travel (Single Use) – 90% OFF – 9 CC

1 pm CDT – TM-59 Blaster Pistol – 90% OFF – 40 CC (Legacy Unlock 200 CC)

2 pm CDT – Gold Scalene Armor Set – 90% OFF – 144 CC (Legacy Unlock 48 CC)

3 pm CDT – Corsec Electrobaton – 90% OFF – 40 CC (Legacy Unlock 200 CC)

4 pm CDT – Cavern Varactyl – 35% OFF – 1560 CC (Legacy Unlock 80 CC)

5 pm CDT – VX-9 Redeemer – 90% OFF –180 CC

6 pm CDT – Additional Character Slot – 90% OFF – 60 CC

7 pm CDT – Thermal Retention Armor Set – 90% OFF – 120 CC (Legacy Unlock 40 CC)

8 pm CDT – Ultimate Leveling Bundle – 80% OFF – 1025 CC

Improved Class Mission Experience I-V, Improved Exploration Experience I-V, Improved Flashpoint Experience I-V, Improved Space Mission Experience I-V, Improved Warzone Experience I-V, 10 Major XP Boosts

9 pm CDT – Humble Hero Armor Set – 35% OFF – 936 CC (Legacy Unlock 48 CC)

10 pm CDT – Infected Womp Weasel – 90% OFF – 12 CC (Legacy Unlock 60 CC)

11 pm CDT – Armored Woodland Varactyl – 90% OFF – 240 CC (Legacy Unlock 80 CC)

Source - Duffy's site

Edited by LordArtemis

When you have to get up really early and wait in a queue for hours to buy a limited supply offer, then will you be happy? What if the supply runs out after you wait 2 hours? What if you get trampled (Disconnected) after an hour? That's Black Friday for you.

There's no real reason for them to offer you any great discounts for anything right now.

When you have to get up really early and wait in a queue for hours to buy a limited supply offer, then will you be happy? What if the supply runs out after you wait 2 hours? What if you get trampled (Disconnected) after an hour? That's Black Friday for you.

There's no real reason for them to offer you any great discounts for anything right now.

So nice it had to be said twice. ;)

Tasty, tasty entitlement.

Overused comment, that brings nothing to the discussion.

Not really what I'd call entitlement... More like just retarded...

How old are you, 12? Do you talk to your mother with this dirty dirty mouth?

So did the OP honestly think the sales would hit the GTN at 2:22 am?

Do you honestly think that every single human that plays this game lives in the United States?

Offering a sale today doesn't do much for them.

They're already selling CM items at what is supposedly the most profitable price (in terms of price x units sold). Offering a discount, even if it increases sales, doesn't increase their profit on that item.

There's two big reasons, among others, that retailers offer sales on BF: to get you to come to the store where you may buy other things, and because people are buying gifts for other people, they are competing for your gift-buying business and everyone else is offering sales.

The CM doesn't need you to come to the store; it's right there in game, and buying gifts for others is not a common enough use of the CM to really see an increase in sales on BF.

So basically, BioWare gains very little from offering a sale today. You're just demanding they lower prices because retailers do it.

They're already selling CM items at what is supposedly the most profitable price (in terms of price x units sold). Offering a discount, even if it increases sales, doesn't increase their profit on that item.

No....? Just look at what Valve released about the steam sales. Hardly anyone buys stuff at full price, but slap a 75% discount on it and everybody buys it, people who weren't planning on purchasing it at all. More profit because they are bringing in sales from people who were never going to purchase it at full price.

Offering a sale today doesn't do much for them.

There's two big reasons, among others, that retailers offer sales on BF: to get you to come to the store where you may buy other things, and because people are buying gifts for other people, they are competing for your gift-buying business and everyone else is offering sales.

The CM doesn't need you to come to the store; it's right there in game, and buying gifts for others is not a common enough use of the CM to really see an increase in sales on BF.

So basically, BioWare gains very little from offering a sale today. You're just demanding they lower prices because retailers do it.

There are actually some errors in how you are looking at this.

The profit is not tied into the items that are sold....the profit is tied into the purchase of coins to purchase the items that are sold.

Anything that promotes coin purchases is considered a profit mechanism. The items exist as one mechanism, sales as another, consumable items as another.....and then finally "fire sales" where you can get a deal that you would not normally get.

It is speculation naturally, but I would expect the last hourly sale generated the sale of coins. That is getting folks "in the door", so to speak.

The items themselves hold little to no revenue value. It is the need to purchase currency that holds value in this system.

Do you honestly think that every single human that plays this game lives in the United States?

In a game hosted in America? For a sales day created in America?

User the gray matter between your ears. I do not live in America yet I still considered this. There were sales up at the time of post. The consideration what whether the sales would be handled like last year on a schedule. This does not appear to be true but any further sales may be during prime time where this game is hosted. 2:22 am this morning is not prime time anywhere this game is hosted on this planet.

Edited by Tamanous

No....? Just look at what Valve released about the steam sales. Hardly anyone buys stuff at full price, but slap a 75% discount on it and everybody buys it, people who weren't planning on purchasing it at all. More profit because they are bringing in sales from people who were never going to purchase it at full price.

Post me a link to this data. If the total sales of the game is over quadruple the lifetime sales at full price, you might have a point. That would only indicate, however, that the retail price is higher than equilibrium.

Increasing sales is only worth it if it's worth the lost gross income. "Slap a 75% discount" means you have to quadruple your sales. That's not a small feat.

Some decent sales, but nothing much better than the usual sales they have every week IMHO. The unlock discount is nice, but I tend to unlock stuff as I "need" it so the appeal is relatively minor for me. I'll probably unlock a couple things, but it looks like at least one of the sets I would have unlocked isn't on sale anyway.

Good of them to offer a Black Friday sale, and I am sure some people will enjoy it. :) But I was hoping for a sale that enticed me to splurge on lots of cheap, fun virtual goodies, and this is clearly not the sale I'm looking for. :p

Edited by Gwena

There are actually some errors in how you are looking at this.

The profit is not tied into the items that are sold....the profit is tied into the purchase of coins to purchase the items that are sold.

Anything that promotes coin purchases is considered a profit mechanism. The items exist as one mechanism, sales as another, consumable items as another.....and then finally "fire sales" where you can get a deal that you would not normally get.

It is speculation naturally, but I would expect the last hourly sale generated the sale of coins. That is getting folks "in the door", so to speak.

The items themselves hold little to no revenue value. It is the need to purchase currency that holds value in this system.

That's true. It'd still need to stimulate coin purchases enough that the amount of money they make from the player over that account's active lifetime increases, though. That's not easy to speculate on, though.