3.0 Leth... Bioware please swap Carbine Burst dots spreading to Frag Grenade

Glower

They need to revisit lethality, aside from CB burst being useless they have to tweak the output on corrosive grenade I would be fine if it was limited to 3-5 targets if its output was put up. I was watching it only crit for 800 in a wz last night IMO thats way to low. I currently have ranked MH/OH and have all 168 gear aside from 3 pieces all epic level 60 augments

I played lethality a lot before 3.0 and have played it a lot after 3.0, mostly pvp.

No complaints about the changes except losing explosive probe sucks. That was a fun ability.

CB to spread dots is a waste of time in pvp though. Maybe they could make it a ground target AOE like death field? That would give us an orbital strike replacement that has a TA cost (or a short cooldown instead) , plus it would actually be viable for spreading dots.

I have tried many times to adapt to the new dot spread mechanic but it is unreliable at best. We already have a ton of setup time to actually do damage - the unreliable CB does not help our situation.

One way or another CB needs to be tweaked because right now, dot spreading aside, the ability is a waste of a hotbar spot.

Changing Carbine Burst to a ground targeted AOE would be amazing. It doesn't even have to be 30m range, just an 8m radius that I can reliably drop on target. Heck, I'd even settle for a PBAOE with an 8m radius. Current Carbine Burst is sadly still the same terrible skill it always was...but now we're expected to put it to use as a core skill.

They need to revisit lethality, aside from CB burst being useless they have to tweak the output on corrosive grenade I would be fine if it was limited to 3-5 targets if its output was put up. I was watching it only crit for 800 in a wz last night IMO thats way to low. I currently have ranked MH/OH and have all 168 gear aside from 3 pieces all epic level 60 augments

OMG... this ***** dot damage makes me wonder if I should continue lvling my op or just go with sin (but I hate FOTM lol). I also don't understand why lethality (both snipers and ops) only has 2 dots (PT has 3 dots with cylinder, sin/sorc have 3 dots also, annihilation has 3 dots now also)...

I just think Carbine burst needs either a wider cone, or just do the full 360 for everything within 10m.

Reason being: It's not very clear WHERE the cone is hitting, or how far it's going. On both my op and my scoundrel the cone just looks... stupid and lazy. I tested out a few positions with the cone and it doesn't even go the full distance on the cone, nor does it spread the dots really well..

We lost Orbital, why not just give us back that capacity in carbine burst. this way we are still a melee, but have a better flow when it comes to spreading dots to multiple targets... The debate on whether we should get a third dot (outside of concealment which is complete and utter Horse SH.... right now is for another day.

To fix the entire situation with AoE crapfest that Ops & Scoundrels now find ourselves in the following needs to happen:

• Frag/Thermal Grenade is turned into a 15m AoE that has a targeting reticle ala Death Field. The moderate damage should be evenly dealt to all affected targets. Should also include the knockdown to standard and weak targets.
  • Corrosive Grenade/Shrapnel Bomb range is reduce to 15m
  • Snipers/Gunslingers gain a passive called Grenade Launcher which increases all grenade/bomb distances by 20m
  • Op/Scoundrel losses Carbine Burst/Blaster Volley
  • Utility that increases Carbine Burst/Blaster Volley now increases Frag/Thermal Grenade damage
  • Corrosive Grenade/Shrapnel Bomb spreads Corrosive Dart/Vital Shot

Ops now have decent AoE damage without being 30m. Snipers don't really lose a thing, though some passive in Engineering will have to be re-written to take into account the AoE of the grenade; Electrified Blast gives one rail to all affected targets.

Edited by Dropfall

To fix the entire situation with AoE crapfest that Ops & Scoundrels now find ourselves in the following needs to happen:

• Frag/Thermal Grenade is turned into a 15m AoE that has a targeting reticle ala Death Field. The moderate damage should be evenly dealt to all affected targets. Should also include the knockdown to standard and weak targets.
  • Snipers/Gunslingers gain a passive called Grenade Launcher which increases all grenade/bomb distances by 20m
  • Utility that increases Carbine Burst/Blaster Volley now increases Frag/Thermal Grenade damage

Ops now have decent AoE damage without being 30m. Snipers don't really lose a thing, though some passive in Engineering will have to be re-written to take into account the AoE of the grenade; Electrified Blast gives one rail to all affected targets.

That would be awesome!

+1

They don't care what would be better. They only care about their Precious cartel market and making money hand over fist from non subs. They already have your money if you're a sub so why do anything we ask. So add a better dot spread in the cartel market and they will make a killing.

They don't care what would be better. They only care about their Precious cartel market and making money hand over fist from non subs. They already have your money if you're a sub so why do anything we ask. So add a better dot spread in the cartel market and they will make a killing.

No cartel market item has ever affected the core game play (which is to say PvE combat) like you are suggesting.

Besides, it ain't the non-subs dropping cash on cartel coins.

Edited by Dropfall

^ This.

And +1 to all the carbine burst complaints. I suggested it was OP in a sorc/sin PVP thread... someone took me seriously.

I don't understand why they can't just make carbine burst cost no TA, make it cost a bit more energy (or keep the same depending on how much damage they make it do), and change the mechanic to a placeable 10m AOE (like the cybertech grenades). That would be very nice, something we could aim reliably. The cone AOE is wayyyy too hard to aim as an instant. Edited by QuiveringPotato

This is good