PvP Mentor Lisst By Server

Kenjigreat

i know I am usually the last person people think of as helpful and anyone who ask me about marauder pvp will get a definitive Don't roll a marauder.

So this thread will have nothing to do with me besides the fact that I will try to update this thread as much as possible.

The purpose of this thread is for the fresh 12x xp PvPers.

I think a similar thread had been made a long time ago on the Harbinger.

If you think you are knowledgeable about your class and spec ,patient, and don't mind helping others .

Post in the following format.

In-game Name:

Server:

Advanced Class+Spec:

Faction :

-------------------

Marauders

Dirty-sanchez (The Ebon Hawk)

Sentinels

Operatives

Concealment

Exilov (TOFN) (If motivated)

Scoundrel

Han-yolo (The Ebon Hawk)

Scrapper

Evolx (TOFN) (If motivated)

Sorcerors

Jerryspringher (The Ebon Hawk)

Madness

A'rrilos (Jedi Covenant)

Sages

Assassins

Evilove (TOFN) (If motivated)

Veethus (The Ebon Hawk)

Deception

Saeari (The Ebon Hawk)

Shadows

Evolixe (TOFN) (If motivated)

Snipers

Gunslingers

Juggernauts

Stranglar (The Ebon Hawk)

Guardians

Seje (The Ebon Hawk)

Powerteches

Advanced prototype

Manglar (The Ebon Hawk)

Pyro

Manglar (The Ebon Hawk)

Xerrica (Jedi Covenant)

Vanguards

Assault

Sojo (The Ebon Hawk)

Tactics

Sojo (The Ebon Hawk)

Mercenaries

Arsenal

Bibifhet (The Ebon Hawk)

Pyro

Bibifhet (The Ebon Hawk)

Commandos

Gunnery

Commandermonk(The Shadowlands)

---------

Credits :http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=775002

Before someone ask I decided to spell list wrong cause chances are there will be no list

Edited by Kenjigreat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make far too many threads.

Besides, I find that those who are tutored are mediocre. They are puppets that can play their class, yes, but they don't know it. They just play it decently. When you teach yourself, you find that a class isn't meant for you, or you really understand your class. The best players were not taught by others.

Besides, I find that those who are tutored are mediocre. They are puppets that can play their class, yes, but they don't know it. They just play it decently. When you teach yourself, you find that a class isn't meant for you, or you really understand your class. The best players were not taught by others.

Mediocre is one thing , I've pretty much given up on playing regs for months thanks to the 12xp . Not even reaching the standard of Mediocre is what PvP has become .

Also I make threads when I feel like it and will continue to do so , thanks for the useless input.

Clearly you must be an amazing player with only one character you do ranked on.

Edited by Kenjigreat

This is a pretty neat idea. Hopefully some people use it, this forum could use a little more.. positive thinking.

I'd list my name to help but I'm just a role-playing queue syncing win trader. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm a little too modest to assume I can teach people.

Edit: By the way there's a typo in the title, might want to change "Lisst" to "List".

Edited by Shenyu

This is a pretty neat idea. Hopefully some people use it, this forum could use a little more.. positive thinking.

I'd list my name to help but I'm just a role-playing queue syncing win trader. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm a little too modest to assume I can teach people.

Edit: By the way there's a typo in the title, might want to change "Lisst" to "List".

Read the last sentence of the thread its on purpose.

Now I know a lot of different people will disagree with me heavily, but

In-game Name: Commandermonk

Server: The Shadowlands

Advanced Class+Spec: Gunnery Commando

Faction : Republic

This seems like a good idea for a thread and I am cautiously optimistic that it might help someone.

The best players were not taught by others.

That couldn't be further from the truth. The thing is that we don't need any extra explaination to figure out what went wrong most of the time. You figure it out yourself.

But whilst doing that.. you CONSTANTLY learn from other peoples actions and reactions.

There is absolutely no end to it. Saying that people don't learn from others is like saying that school is pointless.

When I started playing this game, I looked up on who the best players on my server were for what I wanted to do.

Then I contacted them. We started talking, but I was not always immediately demanding advice.

Theise people became my friends, I started queueing with them and watch them play myself.

I copied certain things, asked questions about others.

I made it among a top PvP guild (ranked 8v8, good times) on the server within a month of where I started playing.

This whole learning thing starts with yourself, yes. But it doesn't end there. Not even close.

I like this concept but I think it'd be a little more effective if there was one posted on each server subforum.

If I had to manage that many threads I'd die .

Chances are that the threads would be dead before I could say goodbye thanks to the amount of random "events" that get posted on the server subforums .

Edited by Kenjigreat

Val disagrees. :rolleyes:

My Personal Opinion. Like I said I am the least helpful person , although from what I know Val only does Yolo Ranked and I would be absolutely curious if anyone he's taught has as much luck as him in the Yolo que.

Anyways I would like this thread to not get cluttered with personal opinions and debates. I made it a point to state in the first few paragraphs of this thread that it should not be about me.

Edited by Kenjigreat

If I had to manage that many threads I'd die .

Chances are that the threads would be dead before I could say goodbye thanks to the amount of random "events" that get posted on the server subforums .

I wasn't suggesting that you do it, just that I think it's a pretty good idea and that someone from each server should put a thread to the same effect in their specific subforum.

That couldn't be further from the truth. The thing is that we don't need any extra explaination to figure out what went wrong most of the time. You figure it out yourself.

But whilst doing that.. you CONSTANTLY learn from other peoples actions and reactions.

There is absolutely no end to it. Saying that people don't learn from others is like saying that school is pointless.

When I started playing this game, I looked up on who the best players on my server were for what I wanted to do.

Then I contacted them. We started talking, but I was not always immediately demanding advice.

Theise people became my friends, I started queueing with them and watch them play myself.

I copied certain things, asked questions about others.

I made it among a top PvP guild (ranked 8v8, good times) on the server within a month of where I started playing.

This whole learning thing starts with yourself, yes. But it doesn't end there. Not even close.

To each their own. I don't remember picking up anything from anyone else, and I'm easily one of the best assassins on my server. But... meh.

To each their own. I don't remember picking up anything from anyone else, and I'm easily one of the best assassins on my server. But... meh.

Do teach me!

I just started again. Been doings WZ's and getting scores like 23-1, 27-3, but I still feel like I could do WAY better.

Been playing Madness.

Name: Zauk

Class: Sith Assassin

Server: Bastion

^ This. The best players were self taught through failure and victory.

If you never picked up anything from anyone else, directly or indirectly, you won't be much of a player.

If you simply see someone do something, and then think "Yeah, I'll remember to NEVER let that happen to me" you already picked up something from someone else.

Knowledge must have a source, it doesn't come out of thin air.

Even if you essentially teach yourself.. which is what anyone would do largely anyways, you still pick up on things from your envirionment.

If you never picked up anything from anyone else, directly or indirectly, you won't be much of a player.

If you simply see someone do something, and then think "Yeah, I'll remember to NEVER let that happen to me" you already picked up something from someone else.

Knowledge must have a source, it doesn't come out of thin air.

Even if you essentially teach yourself.. which is what anyone would do largely anyways, you still pick up on things from your envirionment.

Nothing ever influenced me greatly.

By that logic, how did the first players ever get good?

Nothing ever influenced me greatly.

By that logic, how did the first players ever get good?

Learning from others as they go.

It's not like you can't learn anything from someone that started playing the game at a later time than you did..

How would I, or anyone else, adapt to a changing meta (like we're getting with 3.0) if you never pick up anything from your envirionment or other players? You're learning from something.

That something might be another player (which really doesn't have to be verbally.. more often than not it's simply visibly) or any other source you could possibly think of. But you aren't "just" good, because you "are". That's nonsense.

Anyways, you're just staight up lying, trolling or simply being stupid right now though.

Or maybe you just aren't even that good at all, that is also a possibility of course.

Do teach me!

I just started again. Been doings WZ's and getting scores like 23-1, 27-3, but I still feel like I could do WAY better.

Been playing Madness.

Name: Zauk

Class: Sith Assassin

Server: Bastion

I won't feed you the ways of Madness, you'll have to formulate that on your own, but I can help you a little. Send me a PM.

Learning from others as they go.

It's not like you can't learn anything from someone that started playing the game at a later time than you did..

How would I, or anyone else, adapt to a changing meta (like we're getting with 3.0) if you never pick up anything from your envirionment or other players? You're learning from something.

That something might be another player (which really doesn't have to be verbally.. more often than not it's simply visibly) or any other source you could possibly think of. But you aren't "just" good, because you "are". That's nonsense.

Anyways, you're just staight up lying, trolling or simply being stupid right now though.

Or maybe you just aren't even that good at all, that is also a possibility of course.

Don't try to twist my words. It's not working.

Adapting to changing enemies/allies is not the same as learning how to play.

I know very well what I'm doing. If you merely become a clone, yes, you can be good. But excellence is created through mistakes, failure, and eventually self-blossoming that isn't lead solely by the word of someone else.