Rail shot is a better animation then mag shot

Rashomon

Railshot is great... for some reason, I love when it's the killing hit, especially if it happens to detonate an "ill-timed" Explosive Dart.

(OK, I admit it, I occasionally set this up on purpose on a trash-mob just for fun...)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I personally like mag shot better. It looks like you have a friggin' partical cannon on your arm :D

uhhh I think they are talking about the replacement for railshot in the merc pyro tree, which is the quickdraw animation only with different laser effect.

uhhh I think they are talking about the replacement for railshot in the merc pyro tree, which is the quickdraw animation only with different laser effect.

EDIT: okay I'm thinking of magnetic blast

Edited by TezMoney

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Rail Shot is one of the best Moves/Animations in the game.

Personally, I think that Mag Shot should have kept the same Basic Animation as Rail Shot but then just changed the Beam in some way (maybe something simple as adding Flaming, Pulse or Gaussian effect).

Then, I would use the Mag Shot animation for Priming Shot (instead of the existing Priming Shot just being another variant of Power Shot).

I think things would look better that way - and all the animations would still be used.....

Personally, I think that Mag Shot should have kept the same Basic Animation as Rail Shot but then just changed the Beam in some way (maybe something simple as adding Flaming, Pulse or Gaussian effect).

Then, I would use the Mag Shot animation for Priming Shot (instead of the existing Priming Shot just being another variant of Power Shot).

I think things would look better that way - and all the animations would still be used.....

These are pretty good and reasonable suggestions. Maybe they'll pull an old fusion/tracer missile switcheroo if people are vocal enough.

Edited by TezMoney

I like these ideas! :) But Bioware...

Fully agree that Railshot is the best attack animation/audio in the game! In contrast, high impact bolt reminds me of the "plop" sound that accompanies my morning ****. It is so bad I dont even like playing my commando. Same with S.O.S. (recycled merc unload) on gunslinger after playing sniper for so long. That piddly bull**** lackluster sound effect in place of the satisfying 4 shots of SOS that I am so used to really makes me lose interest in playing the class all together.

These seemingly little things are actually quite important to us. If the people who designed the game actually played these classes they would no doubt agree. But the compartmentalization and/or high turnover rate at bioware is no doubt why we have stuff like this happening, as well as why our Might and Resolve gear switched colors for 3.0, seemingly for no other reason than to purposefully confuse people. Please fix this guys!

Edited by -Damask-

Add me to the list. I don't even want to level my merc to 60 now that my awesome rail shot got replaced by such a lame animation with no sound effect. Rail Shot is 10x what mag shot is

You could go arsenal and not have that problem.

I actually however am starting to like mag shot, it grows on you.

You could go arsenal and not have that problem.

I actually however am starting to like mag shot, it grows on you.

Blazing Bolts freaking me out when I use it on the run, so I've been running Inno and yes Mag Shot grows on you, specially when it fuels the whole spec and does not need a DoT and any other debuff to use.

Edited by mastervalkar