Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

But it is provoking them, the shots aren't all meant to hit just get the enemy riled. I never said it'd be the end-all be-all of the strategy... An alternative is to dangle the Venators out in front, taking pot-shots with their long-range settings on the DBY-827 heavy turbolasers..

Point is, it would be up to the Reborn to go to the Resistance fleet

If the Resistance stays further away, they can just Pull in with Tractor beams etc.

Or of course just barrage them with Concussion missiles, Diamond Boron style. These can't be shot down, and are supplied by the Black Market (I checked before this Kaggath so I swear to god if Beni says no...)

Also, just in case you're wondering, I did my Math wrong earlier. My fleet has 85 concussion missile launchers, not 35.

So they could do a Lot of damage.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan is a big-picture guy. I've never seen anything good come out of him in small-scale engagements with his leading directly (in the naval scene).

Mace is a fantastic naval officer, but I was under the impression that he and Revan were on the ground.

Well, Mace could get in his starfighter and aid in the space battle. He isn't forced to be on the ground, since Cody can probably keep the ground under control until Windu can return.

Well, Mace could get in his starfighter and aid in the space battle. He isn't forced to be on the ground, since Cody can probably keep the ground under control until Windu can return.

But would Nomi risk it?

Suriks in a viscount, ridiculous Mon Calamari shields, with Isotope-5 to boot. Honestly she'll (and the ship most likely) will survive even if the battle fails, wedge too as hell only leave for a fighter in dire circumstances or if they're winning by a stomp. Or if he thinks he can manage his forces from his ship...

Either way, Windu is no wedge, he's much more vulnerable and would be easier to spot on the battlefield thanks to his force presence.

I don't think Nomi would risk her key to controlling the Revanchists so easily.

Just a question, but what does the Isotope 5 even do? Because I don't recall anything spectacular coming from it, other than supposed speculation.

"One gram of Isotope-5 would supply a near infinite source of energy"

This thing gave so much energy that a small droid, 2m high could activate shields that made it impenetrable to anything except Lava, and loads of other cool gadgets.

But mainly it's the power source part, it allows you (or the empire, in Darth marr's mind) to put power into the Turbolasers to increase weapon fire, power etc. but where this would deplete a normal ships speed and Shielding, with Isotope-5 it would not.

Just a question, but what does the Isotope 5 even do? Because I don't recall anything spectacular coming from it, other than supposed speculation.

It's a power source. A gosh darn good one, too. If we're comparing it to anything, look up Agrocite. I wouldn't say that they are equal, but similar. Of course, I don't know everything about Isotope-5, just that it's a really good power source, like Agrocite.

"One gram of Isotope-5 would supply a near infinite source of energy"

This thing gave so much energy that a small droid, 2m high could activate shields that made it impenetrable to anything except Lava, and loads of other cool gadgets.

But mainly it's the power source part, it allows you (or the empire, in Darth marr's mind) to put power into the Turbolasers to increase weapon fire, power etc. but where this would deplete a normal ships speed and Shielding, with Isotope-5 it would not.

As I know it, that's just speculation, the quote.

Shields can withstand a lot of things, so I don't see how that's really impressive.

Since when do turbolasers drain a ships speed and shielding?

As I know it, that's just speculation, the quote.

Shields can withstand a lot of things, so I don't see how that's really impressive.

Since when do turbolasers drain a ships speed and shielding?

No, it was calculated by the Science Bureau.

You think Darth Marr would sacrifice 3 fleets, 3 systems just to get a shot, at possibly keeping his operatives on the planet for longer over speculation? He's not reckless, he knew what was at stake.

And I think you missed the point, this was a small droid, it was impenetrable to "Force attacks, Lightsaber strikes and military grade weapons"...

And again, I think you misunderstood. Turbolasers don't drain shield or Engines, but if you want to put "All power to the engines" or the shields, they will become far more effective due to the power used, but that power comes out of other areas of the ship.

With isotope-5, no.

But on the note of Isotope-5, are we sure it can be put into ships? Has that been done? All I remember is it being used as a power source for droids.

Darth Marr's plans for it were to upgrade his fleet with it.

Hence when you get a hold of Isotope 5 droids and say "Darth Marr will have to do" The science team says he won't accept it, he has bigger plans. At the end he mentions using it to build an unstoppable armada IIRC.

Edited by Selenial

No, it was calculated by the Science Bureau.

You think Darth Marr would sacrifice 3 fleets, 3 systems just to get a shot, at possibly keeping his operatives on the planet for longer over speculation? He's not reckless, he knew what was at stake.

And I think you missed the point, this was a small droid, it was impenetrable to "Force attacks, Lightsaber strikes and military grade weapons"...

And again, I think you misunderstood. Turbolasers don't drain shield or Engines, but if you want to put "All power to the engines" or the shields, they will become far more effective due to the power used, but that power comes out of other areas of the ship.

With isotope-5, no.

Says in the Codex it, in theory has potential as a source of energy. Not that it was confirmed, but i'll take that I guess.

Is this game mechanics, or is it actually stated or shown within a cutscene?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Says in the Codex it, in theory has potential as a source of energy. Not that it was confirmed, but i'll take that I guess.

Is this game mechanics, or is it actually stated?

Kind of both.

The droid becomes invulnerable, but it gains a buff that says something along the lines of (I'd have to double check but this is how I wrote it down) "The Isotope-5 droid has powered up its shields and become Immune to minor attacks akin to force based attacks, Lightsaber strikes, Blasters, and Military grade technology"

You then have to go pour a solid 20 seconds worth of Lava into it to even break it's shield.

Since however they say it's a prototype droid with any measure of new technology, we know something like that happened to the actual strike team.

Edit: Also I'm going off Darth Marr here, and remember Author intent I guess, being The Beni here :D

Edited by Selenial

Kind of both.

The droid becomes invulnerable, but it gains a buff that says something along the lines of (I'd have to double check but this is how I wrote it down) "The Isotope-5 droid has powered up its shields and become Immune to minor attacks akin to force based attacks, Lightsaber strikes, Blasters, and Military grade technology"

You then have to go pour a solid 20 seconds worth of Lava into it to even break it's shield.

Since however they say it's a prototype droid with any measure of new technology, we know something like that happened to the actual strike team.

Edit: Also I'm going off Darth Marr here, and remember Author intent I guess, being The Beni here :D

Yeah...then I'ma wait till actual lore comes out, because what is shown in game, doesn't mean that it's actually there or how it works.

Also on a note Beni, you say technology is universal but then it goes to say all the matters is size, quantity and power?

But if everything is the same, then why is power a factor?....

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah...then I'ma wait till actual lore comes out, because what is shown in game, doesn't mean that it's actually there or how it works.

*Shrug*

Near-Infinite power source is enough for me. We already know how shielding and weapons work in terms of power.

Darth Marr's plans for it were to upgrade his fleet with it.

Hence when you get a hold of Isotope 5 droids and say "Darth Marr will have to do" The science team says he won't accept it, he has bigger plans. At the end he mentions using it to build an unstoppable armada IIRC.

Well then, I'm guessing the Viscount would be more powerful then.

Also on a note Beni, you say technology is universal but then it goes to say all the matters is size, quantity and power?

But if everything is the same, then why is power a factor?....

The Tech rule isn't there to make every ship the same. It's there to say a Harrower and an Interdictor are the same, etc. because they filled the same roles and are the same size.

However when something is twice as long with more batteries, of course it's better. When something was advanced for its time and something else archaic, they're not going to be even.

Isotope-5 for example was very high tech and new, incredibly advanced, this compared to other ships power sources, it remains just as incredibly advanced.

The Tech rule isn't there to make every ship the same. It's there to say a Harrower and an Interdictor are the same, etc. because they filled the same roles and are the same size.

However when something is twice as long with more batteries, of course it's better. When something was advanced for its time and something else archaic, they're not going to be even.

Isotope-5 for example was very high tech and new, incredibly advanced, this compared to other ships power sources, it remains just as incredibly advanced.

Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.

That says otherwise. So what I'm trying to figure, how is power a factor if the power is gonna be the same? Unless I'm not seeing it right.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not to be "that guy" but.... Two light sided factions are having essentially a powerbase show down on the most densely populated planet in the galaxy and the heart of all Republics, past and future. I think collateral damage should really be taken into consideration. These factions aren't, in character, going to want this battle to end in hundreds of thousands of Republic citizens becoming casualties of a petty power struggle.

For example, see what happened in Episode III when Anakin, Obi-wan, and Palpatine crashed that ship into Coruscant's surface. If this Kaggath's space battle were to occur over Coruscant, debris and entire ships could be plummeting into skyscrapers, killing at least thousands.

I think this space battle should expand a bit. We should look at the Coruscant system, not just the atmosphere of Coruscant itself. The entire solar system could be used, which would reduce risk to civilians, and potentially give the tacticians more to work with as far as creative tactics go.

Not to be "that guy" but.... Two light sided factions are having essentially a powerbase show down on the most densely populated planet in the galaxy and the heart of all Republics, past and future. I think collateral damage should really be taken into consideration. These factions aren't, in character, going to want this battle to end in hundreds of thousands of Republic citizens becoming casualties of a petty power struggle.

For example, see what happened in Episode III when Anakin, Obi-wan, and Palpatine crashed that ship into Coruscant's surface. If this Kaggath's space battle were to occur over Coruscant, debris and entire ships could be plummeting into skyscrapers, killing at least thousands.

I think this space battle should expand a bit. We should look at the Coruscant system, not just the atmosphere of Coruscant itself. The entire solar system could be used, which would reduce risk to civilians, and potentially give the tacticians more to work with as far as creative tactics go.

Well, that's a good point. But I think all those here are experienced in these types of situations. There are battles that took place over Coruscant (some involving those participating here) and the tacticians were forced to do battle over the planet.

They'll be concerned, and they'll probably move people into bunkers or the lower levels, but that's all they really can do on short notice.

Couldn't the plantery shield merely be raised for the space battle? Lowered after?

The only reason it was offline when Grievous came and abducted Palpatine, was due to sabotage and such.

*Imagines Aurbere in the control room, monitoring the shield power levels as the fleets blast each other apart on a separate screen.*

Has the Imperius-class problem been solved yet.

The Republic Reborn, does not have access to the Imperious-class Star Destroyer according to the rules as none of their leadership (including organization and Suppier) had access to it.

All members of the leadership were dead before it was built, it was designed and Manufactured by Mon Cal NOT by Kuat, and Republic didnt own it, last I checked it was owned by Krayt's Empire.

So by the rules (forgot which number) an Imperious-class Star Destroyer would be illegal.

The Imperious (Pallaeon-class star destroyer) however would not as the Pallaeon was designed by Kuat.

But would Nomi risk it?

Suriks in a viscount, ridiculous Mon Calamari shields, with Isotope-5 to boot.

I'd mention that the Imperious-class is also a Mon Cal design. It too has ridiculous Mon Cal shields.

Has the Imperius-class problem been solved yet.

The Republic Reborn, does not have access to the Imperious-class Star Destroyer according to the rules as none of their leadership (including organization and Suppier) had access to it.

All members of the leadership were dead before it was built, it was designed and Manufactured by Mon Cal NOT by Kuat, and Republic didnt own it, last I checked it was owned by Krayt's Empire.

So by the rules (forgot which number) an Imperious-class Star Destroyer would be illegal.

The Imperious (Pallaeon-class star destroyer) however would not as the Pallaeon was designed by Kuat.

I do believe the man is right though. As sad as it is.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I'd mention that the Imperious-class is also a Mon Cal design. It too has ridiculous Mon Cal shields.

I do believe the man is right though. As sad as it is.

Beni suggested it to me, not the other way around, if we are really just going to force me to pick a ship for the fifth time, despite the fact Nek supposedly lived deep into the Galactic Alliance days when not too long after the Alliance (Imperious-class Star Destroyer) was captured and turned over to Gar Stazi's hands then I don't know what to tell you.

I'd mention that this plays heavily into Nek's strategic thinking. He like big objects in space to fight around...

But Warren makes a very good point. Especially for the ground game, it might come down to how each faction reacts to collateral casualties and the like.

In the space around coruscant we should remember that there are the mirror satellites, skyhooks (low orbit/atmosphere admittedly), four moons... feel free to add anything if you can think of it (assuming here that the Golan Defence Platforms have magically disappeared prior to the Kaggath)

Edited by StarSquirrel

Nomi Sunrider has used Battle Meditation from space down to a planet when she mentally attacked Aleema and stopped her Sith Sorcery, has used it as Battle Mind and as Battle Meld(two unprecedented feats), she is outright claimed to be one of it's finest practitioners.

When Luke did something similar in Dark Empire, the SB claims that it is one of the highest aspects of Battle Meditation.

So yes she CAN have that kind of reach, from a planet to space and vice-versa, with the Force Nexus in the Sacred Spire (which btw allowed Nyax to successfully fight Luke, Mara and Tahiri Veila), in Nomi's hands she will be hugely amped.

Said Force Nexus was cultivated over thousands and thousands of years of Jedi Masters, all kinds of powerful ones as well, using the Temple constantly over the time, this was outright stated to be one of the most powerful next to the Valley of the Jedi, far greater than some assumed boost that Meetra may or may not get from Revan.

In-fact after Nyax tainted it and Vergere used it to trick Jacen into thinking the Order was corrupt, he was so convinced that he believed this is where the most powerful Jedi had been getting their power all along(wrong I know but that must signify a huge nexus).