Return interactive companions!

Mellosa

I'm the greatest fan of SWTOR and its permanent subcriber. I'm playing it from the early beginning, from the betas. I forgave all the defect of the game and i'm still playing it with a great enthusiasm.

BUT one thing I cannot forgive.

After completing the main story and companion missions companions become just statues. They don't talk, don't move. They are just standing silently on the starship and we begin to forget their great personalities because we really don't have an opportunity to continue communicating with them.

Especially the romance story that ends right away after the marriage. All my attempts to talk to my husband / wife are useless. They NEVER will talk to me any more.

Bioware! You made lots of great games like Dragonage. You created there really great companion story lines. And companions are active all the time of gameplay. Gamer can always talk to his companion or kiss/have sex with his passion.

What prevents you from creating at least one repeatable quest-scene (kiss / have sex / talk) for at least one companion (wife / husband) for every class? I don't want to forget the companion story. I want to communicate with them and not to convert them into slaves that just craft something for me and go for craft missions.

Please, hear me.

Thank you.

Hey there! I don't know what exactly it will take to make your companions come back to life again but I know that it all needs to start with the return of Class Story. You can read my thoughts on the need/challenge to return to Class Story here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=774063

Fully agreed with your opinion. The stories are great for every class. They shouldn't be forgotten. The show must go on )

I just want them to comment on cutscenes again.

Thats really what made the big difference between class and regular stories to me.

That's really a great thing. Their comments, emotes and reactions of what i'm speaking about were cool. Now when i'm a big girl its all gone. I'm powerfull, but so alone (

Edited by Mellosa

I so agree. And no this hasn`t got anything to do with class stories.

I wouldbe ok with faction stories if companions would talk during cutscenes again!

Bioware really shoot themselves into their legs with every class having so many companions. The old team really didn´t think at all when deciding. But this only shows how little they knew of MMOs lol.

Bioware really shoot themselves into their legs with every class having so many companions.

That's why i'm talking about the most precious companions. I really like that strange guy, Killik-Vector. As the story tells he is my Husband. So why I can't interact with him never more? I can play this game for years. And i will never hear a word from my best companion?

Bioware, i'm sure it's not so expensive to make companions alive again than to create new story lines. Companions are a small part of the whole, but this part is too important and brings a lot of joy.

That's why i'm talking about the most precious companions. I really like that strange guy, Killik-Vector. As the story tells he is my Husband. So why I can't interact with him never more? I can play this game for years. And i will never hear a word from my best companion?

Bioware, i'm sure it's not so expensive to make companions alive again than to create new story lines. Companions are a small part of the whole, but this part is too important and brings a lot of joy.

Yea I feel you. But I doubt there are going to be more to existing companions as much I would love to. I miss Qyzen rambling about he scorekeeper, Vettes sarcastic comments or Khem Val threatning me continuisly.

But like I said the people who decided that every class would have 5 companions left their brain at home that time.

Yea I feel you. But I doubt there are going to be more to existing companions as much I would love to. I miss Qyzen rambling about he scorekeeper, Vettes sarcastic comments or Khem Val threatning me continuisly.

But like I said the people who decided that every class would have 5 companions left their brain at home that time.

Really 2 would be enough. Male and Female for romance. That also could help make their personalities brighter 'cos no need to waste time for others.

For agent it could be tank and damage dealer.

For inquisitor it should be tank and healer.

For bounty hunter healer and dd.

For warrior healer and dd too. That's enough.

There are at least 3 companions that i never use for each class.

Edited by Mellosa

Really 2 would be enough. Male and Female for romance. That also could help make their personalities brighter 'cos no need to waste time for others.

For agent it could be tank and damage dealer.

For inquisitor it should be tank and healer.

For bounty hunter healer and dd.

For warrior healer and dd too. That's enough.

There are at least 3 companions that i never use for each class.

Just because you don't use them doesn't mean nobody does, if they do this to one or two companions they better do it to every companion or you better believe there will be blood. (at least the main 5 companions)

I for example like almost every companion each class has only one companion I never use at all.

Edited by NecroMayre

Not to hijack/change gears too much but I would buy an expansion that was simply titled "Companions". I'd love to see a new planet/area where the whole chain was sort of a Mass Effect styled, suicide mission type ordeal. You have to send each companion to preform a certain task, which would make your life easier or harder depending if you picked the right comp for each task.

Then make it repeatable content. I'd probably never set foot in BH/section X/Illum/Belsavis again! hehe

Of course I'd also like what the OP is suggesting as well, which I think would tie in nicely.

Eh, very minor but warrior and trooper spoilers.

Both the warrior and trooper got a little taste of this in their class story's and they are by far my favorite (or at least most memorable) missions.

I'm sure it's wishful thinking, that's not really an "mmo" expansion as it is single player content (yeah I know, single player RPG's are that way---> :rak_04::o) But yeah I'd love that.

Unfortunately, BioWARE always says 'no' to more companion content.

I wish they‘d do continuations of both the romantic and friendship sequences, and new romances for Chapter 4 for the companions who did not get it in Chapter 1-3.

I'd too rather have Planetary story but with new companion sequences than the class side-quests. Side-quests are great, but I have my fav characters, and if the bulk of content is the same, I dunno if I get the ability to play through them all. But the companions I spent many weeks with, and now they are just mules... Oh, well, out of luck, I suppose.

Would be nice if there was some kind of daily- or weekly-repeatable class mission. Have 5 or 10 little one-off missions involving companions and other major characters in class stories and give you a random one once a day/week. You get to team up with one of your buddies and go shoot some people. Would really make the companions seem more alive.

Yeah, the realism of it is often commented upon. Particular when taken in combination with the certain lines of the soundset. Iresso is one of the best. Goes from a tender lover, eager to marry the gal, to "I understand that suit if armor is nice, but this staring thing is getting weird' in the space of 30 sec. The marriage bond chaffs already, sweet Felix? :) Edited by DomiSotto